Copy Of Honda Cbr 150 & Suzuki Raider 150

Just seen this , from Malaysia Quote ...

It's a complete copy of the Honda CBR 150 chassis & the Suzuki Raider 150 engine ! A crossover between a Honda & a Suzuki technology? manufactured by Demak, a Malaysian motorcycle company

TL

post-37178-1181820138_thumb.jpg

post-37178-1181820186_thumb.jpg

post-37178-1181820237_thumb.jpg

post-37178-1181820290_thumb.jpg

Tell us more; where can I read about them and where can I buy one :o If its got standard Suzuki and Honda bits in it then it should be easy to maintain/get parts for? Are they original parts or copies from China?

The Price in the shop shown in the photos

was about

Malaysia Ringgits 6,000

or 56,382 Thai Baht Approx

TL

so the rip off is pretty much the same price as the originals??

where can i get the prices from as i want to know how much the two trikes they do are...............

Edited by smartecosse

That's not the only knock off (and that's disregarding that company that Honda successfully sued in the Philippines to block their sales of knock off bikes):

CIMG0096.jpg

Notice the bike pictured is a 200cc SOHC that only puts out 11.5 Kw versus the CBR's 12.6. That's a significant drop in performance. It's Indonesian made and you can find information here.

I'm sorry, but that bike described in the first post seems rather crude. Rear drum brakes and a rather portly 125 KG could be the tip of the iceberg as it were.

Oh and by the way, the reason that we still have monkeys and apes is because Homo Sapiens and other hominids descend from a common ancestor. Their family speciated in one direction, while our ancestors decided to take a different route.

Edited by dave_boo

The Ninja 150 looks good.I take it its a 4-stroke engine.

I'd say it's a 2 stroke as I can see 'KIPS' on the fairing which if my memory serves me right stands for Kawasaki Integrated Powervalve System. I had A KMX125 with KIPS 20 years ago.

I agree it's a great looking bike, wonder how much they are ?

Every country can have different specs on their bikes. The CBR150R is sold in the UK as a beginner CBR125, limited to about 12.5 hp, but the CBR150R may have 22 horsepower.

Small sport bikes have very strong appeal and attributes, and remain popular, almost as a flagship in these smaller countries. Like the Tiger 200 sportbike that Thai police use here, nothing that I see from those Malaysian websites equals the CBR150R's strong points. No need to import these foreign bikes to Thailand.

Every country can have different specs on their bikes. The CBR150R is sold in the UK as a beginner CBR125, limited to about 12.5 hp, but the CBR150R may have 22 horsepower.

Small sport bikes have very strong appeal and attributes, and remain popular, almost as a flagship in these smaller countries. Like the Tiger 200 sportbike that Thai police use here, nothing that I see from those Malaysian websites equals the CBR150R's strong points. No need to import these foreign bikes to Thailand.

I'm sorry, but I think you're overestimating the CBR's performance. While lots of people think that it should be in the 15 Kw level, I've only been able to find 12.6 Kw. However, this is still much stronger than the look a like competitors, and has the legendary Honda build quality. Too bad it's not as as high as the 2-strokes. :o

dave boo, you may be right. TWO magazine from the UK claims the CBR125R has 12.5 or 13 horsepower, and others have said that's a legal requirement there, not to rate them any higher. Who said in the CBR150 thread that it's 22 hp? Keep in mind that the CBR600RR road tests at about 104 hp, and larger engines develop less specific output, other things being equal (which they're not). I easily outran a Honda C1 (of 400 cc) in traffic an hour ago, but to be honest, he wasn't competing...:o

The CBR125R as sold in the UK has a single overhead cam (SOHC) engine with 2 valves. The CBR150R as sold in Thailand has a double overhead cam (DOHC) engine, not sure if it's got 4 valves but would think so.

Learner legal 125's in the UK are restricted to 12bhp or at least they were back in my day. This rule came in back in the early 80's before which learner riders could ride up to 250cc without any power restriction.

I've read the CBR150 has 17bhp, 22bhp and 28bhp. 17bhp would be roughly 12.5kw and I'd say that is the most likely output. In comparison a NSR150 makes 38 - 40 bhp according to Honda if I remember rightly. So to make a CBR150 capable of beating a NSR is pretty much impossible unless you put a turbo on it or tune the engine to such a degree it'll need rebuilding every other week.

I just looked up the power output of a Honda CRF150 which is a full blown motocross bike that'll be in a higher state of tune than a CBR150 and has a much louder and less restrictive pipe on it. They apparently make 16.6kw which is about 22bhp.

Edited by keebone

I'm not sure if the CBR150 has ever had an engine refresh in its lifecycle, so I found some rear wheel HP numbers for the carburated CBR600. It ranges from ~72 (restricted Californian model) to ~78 HP. Compared to the CBR150's 16 HP (which I don't know if that is claimed at the crank or rear....but knowing manufacturers, that's at the crank!), you're looking at an increase of 2 to 3 HP per cylinder. I know that it's probably actually more, since you have the drivetrain loss, but that's not that far behind. Even assuming a 10% drivetrain loss of power, you're still only down 4 to 5 horsepower per cylinder at the CBR150's rear wheel compared to the 600.

Perhaps the fact that it uses 4x 36.5mm carbs has a lot to do with the difference? Especially considering the CBR150 is sucking through a 26mm one? I can't find the exhaust pipe diameter differences, but that could be a place where some power is being lost.

The more I check it out, the less certain I am that the CBR600 is any benchmark. Motorcyclist magazine tested a CBR600RR in 2003 and got 105.4 hp at the rear wheel, compared to 95.5 for a 2001 CBR600F4i. But they are far more highly tuned (the RRR model got its power peak at 13,500).

More on topic here, the Malaysian bikes are no better than the Thai market models, if they use the same engines as the CBR150R and Raider 150 sold in Thailand, or some Chinese copies.

• 4 weeks later...