retirement extension

thaisabai

after 5 years using an agent, I want to try this time to get my O retirement extension myself this time.

what exactly is needed to bring to Jomtien immigration (I have over 800.000 in the bank)

please advise, thanks

thaisabai

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Jomtien also wanted copy of receipt of notification of address TM30 not 90 day report

I have personally never been asked for this, BUT, doesn't mean others won't be. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have personally never been asked for this, BUT, doesn't mean others won't be. 

Same for me . Never asked to me in 8 years time when applying for ret. Ext.....only i bring lease contract , and never a problem.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Previous 12 months transactions to show you complied with requirements.

The OP says he has 800k+ in the account.

Just bank letter required confirming account and balance.

(money in account at least 3 months before application)

1 hour ago, monsieurhappy said:

Can you tell us exactly what you mean by this as Jomtien Imm. have uncanny ways of translating things!

If your forum name allows to assume you are French: just forget it.

Some nationals will not get a confirmation of their income from their embassy.

So now they have to transfer monthly amount of at least 65k Baht.

But as I wrote: irrelevant for the topic starter.

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 hours ago, thaisabai said:

I want to try this time to get my O retirement extension

Just to be sure: you have entered on an ordinary Non-O visa not the infamous Non-OA which makes extra trouble? (insurance required).

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Bank Letter. (Same or previous day)

Filled in Form TM 7 with photo

Copies (all signed) of Passport.

Main Pic Page

Transfer of Non-Imm O stamp or original Visa stamp.

Entry Card (TM6) and Entry Stamp.

Perhaps previous Extension.

Original updated Bankbook

Signed Copies of Name Page

Proof of Residence...(Utility Bill in my case)

1900 Baht.

And whatever else they can come up with as there are often surprises!

I take a copy of my landlord's ID and phone number after they once decided to ask for it.

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If one is renewing a retirement extension, they will want to see that you complied with last extension requirements. I have a pal  who was asked for  this just earlier in the week. It required him to order a 12 month statement which took 3 days. 

This guy had also previously used an agent and was doing it himself this year.

I believe it is 2 months also.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, champers said:

I take a copy of my landlord's ID and phone number after they once decided to ask for it.

I do not have a landlord, but am glad my utility or cable bill has sufficed. I think us old boys, who have many extensions under our belts,  are handled less stringently. 

Edited by jacko45k

If you have previously used an agent to get around the 800,000 bit but now have the required 800,000 then you will probably have to use an agent one more time to get around Immigration checking that you fulfilled the previous years rules.

The agent will charge you 8,000 to arange your retirement extension if you have the required 800,000 in the bank.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kenchamp said:

If you have previously used an agent to get around the 800,000 bit but now have the required 800,000 then you will probably have to use an agent one more time to get around Immigration checking that you fulfilled the previous years rules.

The agent will charge you 8,000 to arange your retirement extension if you have the required 800,000 in the bank.

Yep that's pretty much what i had to do

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If your forum name allows to assume you are French: just forget it.

Some nationals will not get a confirmation of their income from their embassy.

So now they have to transfer monthly amount of at least 65k Baht.

But as I wrote: irrelevant for the topic starter.

Please do NOT assume what my nationality may be!!

If you don't want to answer the question then don't!!

• Haha 1

I never used an agent. Extension is very easy if you have the money in the bank.

Normally, I would go to Jomtien immigration, few weeks prior to expiry and  obtain a printed list of their requirements for visa extension then go from there (in case they have any changes).

The list of requirements (attached) has been the same for the last 3 years.

Visa extension requirements.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 6:12 PM, monsieurhappy said:

Can you tell us exactly what you mean by this as Jomtien Imm. have uncanny ways of translating things!

Minimum balance required:
800k baht 2 months before application
800k baht 3 months after application
400k baht the rest of the year

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Wasn't clear enough, i messaged it to a copy shop and they must have lightened it or something, looked adequate to me, could still read it ok

Just now, JimTripper said:

Did it stink or smell?

Smelt of Durian rejected.....stink of fish accepted

It very much looks like some people never have any trouble when extending their visa! I used to be one of them! For about 14 years I used to fill out what was required, attach all copies needed and complete with a letter from the British embassy confirming my pension apply for my extension. Then the British embassy along with several others decided they were no longer going to supply "pension letters."

I wasn't sure what to do about this when it was time to extend my visa but I got all the paperwork together and had NO trouble with my extention!

The next year I did all the same thing, in fact I had more paperwork than the year before as I also had statements from my English bank!

This is when immigration started to find things that to them did not add up!

"Your pension is not paid in on the same day each month!"

"Can you increase your pension by a few thousand baht each month?"

These had not been any problem at all for 14 years!

When I asked if they could help me the only option offered was "Go and see a visa agent!"

So I have used a visa agent for the last 2 years!

And before someone mentions 800k baht in the bank, I haven't got that but my balance never drops below 400k !

When I used the "combi" method this was accepted, Yearly pension total plus money in bank equaled 800k.

As I'm married to a Thai lady I could use the married visa option but I was put off doing this in the first couple of years I was living here!

I am in the position that at my next visa extention I might be able to raise the required 800k but I am unsure if the fact that I have used a visa agent in the past will affect my being accepted this time.

I would rather pay a visa agent than be humilliated at immigration!!

• Like 1

All I can add is using my agent takes less than 30 minutes on my part and leaving that 800K in my CDB account for one year makes me THB$ 106500 minus the 14K I pay my agent leaves me THB$ 92500. Over the 5 years using the agent I am up over US$ 19000

as opposed to parking funds making zero and having to deal with an Immigration Official.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 2:09 PM, monsieurhappy said:

It very much looks like some people never have any trouble when extending their visa! I used to be one of them! For about 14 years I used to fill out what was required, attach all copies needed and complete with a letter from the British embassy confirming my pension apply for my extension. Then the British embassy along with several others decided they were no longer going to supply "pension letters."

I wasn't sure what to do about this when it was time to extend my visa but I got all the paperwork together and had NO trouble with my extention!

The next year I did all the same thing, in fact I had more paperwork than the year before as I also had statements from my English bank!

This is when immigration started to find things that to them did not add up!

"Your pension is not paid in on the same day each month!"

"Can you increase your pension by a few thousand baht each month?"

These had not been any problem at all for 14 years!

When I asked if they could help me the only option offered was "Go and see a visa agent!"

So I have used a visa agent for the last 2 years!

And before someone mentions 800k baht in the bank, I haven't got that but my balance never drops below 400k !

When I used the "combi" method this was accepted, Yearly pension total plus money in bank equaled 800k.

As I'm married to a Thai lady I could use the married visa option but I was put off doing this in the first couple of years I was living here!

I am in the position that at my next visa extention I might be able to raise the required 800k but I am unsure if the fact that I have used a visa agent in the past will affect my being accepted this time.

I would rather pay a visa agent than be humilliated at immigration!!

very sensible.  Why make the process hard  and stressful on yourself.