What to do with my money in times of great recession

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Obviously that is one of the first things to crash entirely on what the OP mentions. 

If you buy and hold MSCI world ETFs you are on the safe side. However you have to keep them a longer time (5-10y).

Over all I gained 6% the last 8,5 years.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:16 AM, spidermike007 said:

Silver bars and coins. They will appreciate far more than gold, if things collapse to the extent I think they will.

I seem to remember that the Bunker-Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market back in the late seventies, and around the early 1980s the whole thing turned to custard and they lost millions of dollars, almost their entire fortune, and they were a wealthy family, investing in oil and other commodities.

One would have thought they knew what they were doing, but.............

On 3/25/2022 at 2:44 PM, Sydebolle said:

The correct title actually reads "Cigareets, Whuskey, and Wild, Wild Women", by Red Ingle. Of poor sound quality but yeah, dating back to 1948, here we go with the original: 

That's Lou Costello next to him and maybe Bud Abbot on the other side

On 3/25/2022 at 4:22 AM, nomad2019 said:

no chance , thailand is finished for me.  had enough of the governments stupid rules ????

Colombia will be the place I hope all going well ????

You serious about Columbia, money and safety, and government decisions?

We are not in a recession yet. And may not be.

Canada ETF look good they are heavy in Banks, which are good value and commodities that are set to rise. The Canadian dollar might rise 10-20%

Check TSE: HXU

China stock are cheap now. Other than that good value dividend stock in the US or Europe.  Watch out for taxes though on dividends.

Check out  Altria Group Inc, is a tobacco company that might sky rocket if weed is legalize in the USA, but it is still good dividend stock right now anyways.

Edited by Don Chance

4 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

What if governments don't like Bitcoin and ban the trading in their country?   What if a super computer cracks the encryption? It will go to zero in a few days.

I'll take my chances on the megre few I have. 

What about the countries which have adopted the Bitcoin, or Elon? Just asking! 

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

I seem to remember that the Bunker-Hunt brothers tried to corner the silver market back in the late seventies, and around the early 1980s the whole thing turned to custard and they lost millions of dollars, almost their entire fortune, and they were a wealthy family, investing in oil and other commodities.

One would have thought they knew what they were doing, but.............

While that was true, it was a market ploy, and was not based on a collapsing economy. Two very different animals with entirely contrasting fundamentals. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:22 AM, nomad2019 said:

no chance , thailand is finished for me.  had enough of the governments stupid rules ????

Colombia will be the place I hope all going well ????

Well if thailand is finished for you go post on Columbia site 

• Like 1