Young man brutally attacked by two motorbike riders in front of multiple witnesses in East Pattaya

webfact

8 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Thailand is much more dangerous than most think.  Maybe not in this case, but there are TONS of drugs in Thailand and violence over drug deals.  Just like most countries, but a little different here.  young kids on the ice or half-ice or yaabaa or whatever and you can get killed for 60 baht.  

with ice comes money.  with money comes protection.....and you don't mess with money without possible consequences.

falangs like to act like it's not here.........    the good news is 99% of falangs don't do ice.  

or gamble.   yea, another big one.  

Wait, is that the Triangle thing???  one of the biggest drug areas in the world?  not far from here??  but I only see the shake person and temples everywhere!!!  you mean people take drugs to BKK and then around the world?  not possible!!  I only see mango sellers and Youtubers riding elephants. 

You need to be careful out there .

I am going to 7/11 now and I may not make it back home . 

I may get caught in the cross fire of a major drugs deal/ bust or the mafia might kidnapp me and hold me to ransom . 

I am going now, I may not be back 

1 hour ago, Iamfalang said:

Thailand is much more dangerous than most think.  Maybe not in this case, but there are TONS of drugs in Thailand and violence over drug deals.  Just like most countries, but a little different here.  young kids on the ice or half-ice or yaabaa or whatever and you can get killed for 60 baht.  

with ice comes money.  with money comes protection.....and you don't mess with money without possible consequences.

falangs like to act like it's not here.........    the good news is 99% of falangs don't do ice.  

or gamble.   yea, another big one.  

Wait, is that the Triangle thing???  one of the biggest drug areas in the world?  not far from here??  but I only see the shake person and temples everywhere!!!  you mean people take drugs to BKK and then around the world?  not possible!!  I only see mango sellers and Youtubers riding elephants. 

Sure, there are lots of people who take drugs. And there are definitely drug users who rob people, sometimes violently, to get money for their next fix. The important part with this is they want money or something valuable. If they want it then give it to them, don't be a hero! Otherwise you might get hurt badly or die because you wanted to keep your expensive phone. Stupid!

But the incident described above, if it was reported correctly, was beating somebody up, badly. It seems that was no robbery. Likely there was a reason for that. That doesn't mean it was a good reason, maybe it was even an imagined reason. But in general it seems Thais are not randomly aggressive. 

On 3/25/2022 at 3:06 PM, Tropicalevo said:

30 years being here safe for me.

However, wife was mugged three times when we live in Birmingham - UK and we were burgled when living in Sydney.

Give me Thailand every time.  ????

I'm wondering. Truly.

On 3/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, Leaver said:

Would you say the same if he died from his beating?

Since when is it ok for anyone to take the law into their own hands and play judge, jury, and sometimes, executioner?  

Yes I would say the same.

I agree with you that people should not take the law into their own hands but I would suggest that it is possible that both sides of this altercation are beyond the law.

Just a scenario for you, one drug gang against another drug gang?

So many scenarios possible.

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I may get caught in the cross fire of a major drugs deal/ bust or the mafia might kidnapp me and hold me to ransom . 

I recall a German man doing that and the hit man his Thai wife had arranged, shot him in  the head in front of the 7-11.

On 3/27/2022 at 6:26 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Post back so we know you arrived safely.

On 3/28/2022 at 3:15 AM, ThaIrish Sean said:

Yes I would say the same.

I agree with you that people should not take the law into their own hands

You have contradicted yourself.

I would suggest that it is possible that both sides of this altercation are beyond the law.

No one should be above the law, but Thailand is a terribly corrupt country, and justice, as well as life, is measured in baht here.

Just a scenario for you, one drug gang against another drug gang?

So one drug gang has a shootout with another drug gang, in a public public, and an innocent child is shot and killed.  

That's why you can't allow scum to kill other scum, because innocent people are caught in the crossfire.