WHat is the maintenance fee in view talay?

parafareno

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Wasn't you planning to buy a Pattaya Plaza condo on Sukhumvit?

VT2 has a fixed fee per condo, irrespective of size. Maybe others are similar, VT6 is the same.

I don't think any of them are good investments because the supply of condos is constantly increasing, but older condos well maintained are definitely better value

nowhere fees are fixed by condo, it ALWAYS depend on sqm.

It's less than 10000 for a 45sqm condo at any view talay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, leba said:

As you seem to have some problems communicating in Thai, send a Thai to talk and you will know how much you are wrong at ANY viewtalay.

you're probably confused, someone with a condo and 2 chanotes will pay double someone with only 1 chanote. Go find a committee member and ask them to explain it to you

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, parafareno said:

the only think that worries me is how many people livein view talay 2a, b ...elevator is full all the time...etc....thousands of people living thre....is the pool crowded all the time?

VT5 pre virus, the occasional wait for a lift, but the pool was never crowded, and often my private pool. I’m guessing it’s pretty deserted now.

Edited by CygnusX1
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2022 at 7:27 PM, CygnusX1 said:

The annual fee I’ve just paid for a 48 sq m studio in VT5 was 7260 baht. Way less than I pay for my 35 sq m unit in Australia for just 3 months. Crazy, as the VT5 fee covers security guards and maintenance of gardens, lifts, big swimming pool etc. My fee in Australia pays for a couple of blokes who come round every fortnight with a leaf blower.

If you decide on VT5, make sure you get a unit on the shady side. With no Russians or Chinese for the foreseeable future, you’d have a good chance of getting one for way less than the asking price. Big advantage of VT5 over 1 or 2 is not having to risk life and limb crossing Thappraya Road to get to the beach.

But no car park to buy it seems ? or someone needs to find a condo that has a indoor car park space linked to it ?

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:39 AM, JackGats said:

Which view talay? Some have unbuilt plots nearby, how long after you buy will you have a building site and a taller building as a view?

Noise isolated? It depends on who will be your neighbour. If a new next-door tenant turns out to be a thick-headed noise addict, you're toast.

Only idiots buy near an empty plot, people might know that already in 2022, don't you think ?

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:30 AM, leba said:

Sorry but you really seem to know nothing and not understand a lot...

There is NO new condo that is built as strong as any viewtalay, because 20 years ago the cheap material that they use now didn't exist, as everything was cheap. No way that any view talay has thin walls compared to the krap condo that they build nowadays.

I always invest in older condo after comparing with newer buildings that are built by idiots cheaters who just want a quick profit.

The maintenance at any viewtalay is also the best of any condo in Thailand.

I've stayed in many different rooms in View Talay 6 and a few in View Talay 2. You can definitely hear the neighbors through the wall at both, including tv, music, talking, sex etc.. Besides that, I do think they are decently built and maintained condos and View Talay 6 is a good investment for its central and convenient location to beach road and 2nd road/Central Festival.

Edited by Ohyesuare
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

I've stayed in many different rooms in View Talay 6 and a few in View Talay 2. You can definitely hear the neighbors through the wall at both, including tv, music, talking, sex etc.. Besides that, I do think they are decently built and maintained condos and View Talay 6 is a good investment for its central and convenient location to beach road and 2nd road/Central Festival.

If I was buying an apppartment in Thailand I would soundproof my apparment, ceiling, walls, windows, doors and floors.  At least the beedroom

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vidgra said:

Only idiots buy near an empty plot, people might know that already in 2022, don't you think ?

Well, if you're clever I'm sure you buy in a building already well-sandwiched on all sides so that your windows are 3 meters away from the wall of the other building.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, vidgra said:

But no car park to buy it seems ? or someone needs to find a condo that has a indoor car park space linked to it ?

Sorry, don’t know about the VT5 car park, as I don’t have a car when I’m in Thailand. There is a large car park underneath the building that seemed to be fairly full 2 years ago. Don’t know if you can purchase a spot separately from your condo.

4 hours ago, vidgra said:

My unit on shady (Pattaya) side of VT5D looks over half a dozen streets of single story villas. Beyond those, there is a large empty plot, which was being planted with some sort of crop when I left 2 years ago, no doubt to avoid paying tax on undeveloped land. Nobody seems to know just why a large, near beachfront block of land has been left undeveloped, while huge condo blocks have been built a mile or so from the beach. I was aware of the risk of my future view being slightly spoiled when I bought the place.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, vidgra said:

VT 1 and VT 5 really are the best, VT2 looks like a nursing home for people ready to die...

Well I always thought VT5 looked like a prison when in the corridors, but friends who live there are very positive, it is reportedly well managed, and location is good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:23 PM, CygnusX1 said:

Sorry, don’t know about the VT5 car park, as I don’t have a car when I’m in Thailand. There is a large car park underneath the building that seemed to be fairly full 2 years ago. Don’t know if you can purchase a spot separately from your condo.

My unit on shady (Pattaya) side of VT5D looks over half a dozen streets of single story villas. Beyond those, there is a large empty plot, which was being planted with some sort of crop when I left 2 years ago, no doubt to avoid paying tax on undeveloped land. Nobody seems to know just why a large, near beachfront block of land has been left undeveloped, while huge condo blocks have been built a mile or so from the beach. I was aware of the risk of my future view being slightly spoiled when I bought the place.

yes it's very complicated to understand why a front beach land is still empty ????

no, for sure, the cause is not the price ! no ! no ! no ! There must be a secret reason, for sure :-)

And yes, buying VT5 on this side is so stupid as the empty land costs so much that nobody will build anything as short as VT5, so you can be 100% sure that anybody of this side of VT5 will have no view anymore (and maybe understand how stupid it was to buy on this side of VT5...)

• Haha 1

I have a condo in View Talay 2B and for info the fees are per a room. Nobody will build anywhere near View Talay 2 due to the very large size of the car parks front and back. Its well planted with mature trees with excellent maintenance/security and a very good management/committee team. I only occasionally hear people (generally excited children) in the corridor and rarely hear anything through the walls and its well built. I hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cryo said:

I have a condo in View Talay 2B and for info the fees are per a room. Nobody will build anywhere near View Talay 2 due to the very large size of the car parks front and back. Its well planted with mature trees with excellent maintenance/security and a very good management/committee team. I only occasionally hear people (generally excited children) in the corridor and rarely hear anything through the walls and its well built. I hope this helps. 

you see some people say you can hear tv thoruhg the wall, people talking, some people say the walls are build solid and thick and you cant hear anything.....

so who to beleive??

53 minutes ago, parafareno said:

you see some people say you can hear tv thoruhg the wall, people talking, some people say the walls are build solid and thick and you cant hear anything.....

so who to beleive??

It probably depends who you have next to you, many condo blocks are half empty, my one very quiet, walls thick enough but if TV was blaring I'd hear it, so maybe choose a condo with mostly farang and gf\wives, half full max so not a thai block which are usually more full

Edited by scubascuba3

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

It probably depends who you have next to you, many condo blocks are half empty, my one very quiet, walls thick enough but if TV was blaring I'd hear it, so maybe choose a condo with mostly farang and gf\wives, half full max so not a thai block which are usually more full

how can a rundown pattaya plaza condotel have better noise insulation than VT? I cant believe it.....In pattaya plaza you could not hear anything.....

1 minute ago, parafareno said:

how can a rundown pattaya plaza condotel have better noise insulation than VT? I cant believe it.....In pattaya plaza you could not hear anything.....

Yeah that's surprising, built at a similar time i presume so different builder standards, but Plaza is a rundown eyesore