WHat is the maintenance fee in view talay?

parafareno

4 minutes ago, parafareno said:

I remember when I came to pattaya like 10 years ago some old dude rented me pattaya plaza corner room..it was 46 sq m.....windows all around, great view, nice breeze....great pool....he said he wants 700000 BHT for it....and because my girlfriend thai said pattaya plaza is rundown I did not buy it...IT was my biggest investment regret of my life......it was amazing, quiet condo, large, big balcony, corner room.....big windows all around from celing to floor......the small rooms 38 sq m in pattaya plaza are too freaking small.....

45 sq m was just a sweet spot for bachelor with occasional guests.....so note to myself never listen to any girl.....this would be a great investment for life.......

the only problem is sukhumvit ...which is a suicide for motorbikes....and how far the beach is......otherwise perfect.....

you don't think it's an eyesore? ruined by all the thais building and changing balconies? still cheap there, buy one but not worth spending too much on it

Screenshot_2022-04-04-04-36-58-519_com.google.android.apps.maps~2.jpg

Screenshot_2022-04-04-04-37-30-557_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you don't think it's an eyesore? ruined by all the thais building and changing balconies? still cheap there, buy one but not worth spending too much on it

it looks old, but who cares.....it has big pool covered parking, dirt cheap maintenance.....and many thais there, which is what I love...prefere having more thais around than whites..... lol...but I am not buying there now there are better places to buy....lol

Edited by parafareno
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, parafareno said:

it looks old, but who cares.....it has big pool covered parking, dirt cheap maintenance.....and many thais there, which is what I love...prefere having more thais around than whites..... lol...but I am not buying there now there are better places to buy....lol

So long as they don't mind you living there!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

If you like that kind of place, check out Pattaya Pad off soi Arunothai, good value places there, short walk to Klang \ Big C Extra

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Haha 2

On 4/4/2022 at 4:39 AM, scubascuba3 said:

where is the entrance of this building please ?

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:36 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Incorrect, I've had that confirmed a few times on VT2 by a committee member and heard it on other condos

10000 maintenance? Considering they do f*** all and what they do is low quality . Should be 10 baht. Not 10000

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2022 at 4:33 AM, parafareno said:

I remember when I came to pattaya like 10 years ago some old dude rented me pattaya plaza corner room..it was 46 sq m.....windows all around, great view, nice breeze....great pool....he said he wants 700000 BHT for it....and because my girlfriend thai said pattaya plaza is rundown I did not buy it...IT was my biggest investment regret of my life......it was amazing, quiet condo, large, big balcony, corner room.....big windows all around from celing to floor......the small rooms 38 sq m in pattaya plaza are too freaking small.....

45 sq m was just a sweet spot for bachelor with occasional guests.....so note to myself never listen to any girl.....this would be a great investment for life.......

the only problem is sukhumvit ...which is a suicide for motorbikes....and how far the beach is......otherwise perfect.....

how much is the maintenance fee there please ?

• 1 year later...
On 4/4/2022 at 1:52 AM, scubascuba3 said:

If you like that kind of place, check out Pattaya Pad off soi Arunothai, good value places there, short walk to Klang \ Big C Extra

I know some people who live there.  I wasn't impressed with the dirty-looking hallways. Also, the elevator is weird because it's halfway between floors. 

16 minutes ago, shdmn said:

I know some people who live there.  I wasn't impressed with the dirty-looking hallways. Also, the elevator is weird because it's halfway between floors. 

Yep it's Thai style, condos 650k and price seems to never move so hard to justify spending much money on it

15 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

The annual common fees in this thread seem very cheap.

Mine (ie. the owners) is about 35k baht ...for 53sqm

Never lived in a condo anywhere, so this stuff is new to me.

Condo fees here are an absolute bargain compared to what I was paying in the US.  That's one of the reasons so many people can keep getaway condos that they only use now and then.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

The annual common fees in this thread seem very cheap.

Mine (ie. the owners) is about 35k baht ...for 53sqm

Never lived in a condo anywhere, so this stuff is new to me.

condo fees on older buildings are often too low, it's difficult to vote through an increase which is needed for new lifts and refurbs along with general maintenance. Instead supplementary fees are requested at AGMs to cover planned work

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/29/2022 at 3:42 AM, parafareno said:

is view talay the best investment?

I want big pool, noise isolated rooms....i dont want paper thin walls

any other idea...and I like Jomtien the best

the only think that worries me is how many people livein view talay 2a, b ...elevator is full all the time...etc....thousands of people living thre....is the pool crowded all the time?

I lived in 2b for a month. The walls are actually pretty thick. No noise problems. Construction seemed good, but it's hard to go wrong with just a tiny room.

The only issue I had was the small size of the room and the fact that there were so many units on the same floor felt strange, just door after door, etc.

I also had some nutjob on my floor trying to open my door at night all the time, some mentally ill person. I could have probably solved this if I lived there, but you might have issues with people just because there are so many units. Oddly enough, I hardly saw anyone when I was there, could have been seasonal, not sure.

Another thing is there do seem to be some down and out folk living in the rooms. Like old guys just sitting on the bed when you walk past that look kind of down and out or not 100% there mentally, that sort of thing.

All in all it seemed livable, but I was very glad to move out and into a bigger room in a less populated building. It's Ok, but it felt leaning towards the lower end of the spectrum to me and what have you. Not really someplace I would want to "retire to" if you catch my drift, but I could make due there if that's all I could afford and be happy I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Just spend some time there. Walk right in and visualize yourself living there. It's not rocket science. I think you could even use the pool if you wanted to. 

I would definately buy in the VT's instead of stuff like the base, unixx etc. VT's are better in that regard. You would also be around more foreigners and similar instead of chinese, japanese, etc. which did not seem to like the VT's at all for some reason, not sure why. Although the Russians did like it.

Edited by JimTripper

10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I lived in 2b for a month. The walls are actually pretty thick. No noise problems. Construction seemed good, but it's hard to go wrong with just a tiny room.

The only issue I had was the small size of the room and the fact that there were so many units on the same floor felt strange, just door after door, etc.

I also had some nutjob on my floor trying to open my door at night all the time, some mentally ill person. I could have probably solved this if I lived there, but you might have issues with people just because there are so many units. Oddly enough, I hardly saw anyone when I was there, could have been seasonal, not sure.

Another thing is there do seem to be some down and out folk living in the rooms. Like old guys just sitting on the bed when you walk past that look kind of down and out or not 100% there mentally, that sort of thing.

All in all it seemed livable, but I was very glad to move out and into a bigger room in a less populated building. It's Ok, but it felt leaning towards the lower end of the spectrum to me and what have you. Not really someplace I would want to "retire to" if you catch my drift, but I could make due there if that's all I could afford and be happy I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Just spend some time there. Walk right in and visualize yourself living there. It's not rocket science. I think you could even use the pool if you wanted to. 

Sounds pretty dire. 

The geezer sitting on the edge of his bed, staring into space was probably a board member trying to conjure up a witty retort to a post on AN. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

Yeah, that was a bit weird. Sad actually. I think it's guys who are getting older and can't afford much and they just kind of get stuck there in Jomtein. There's worse places to be, but I would not want it to be my "end of the road" if you catch my drift.

Jomtein can kind if be like that and it's a reason I moved out of the area to center. Another example is having breakfast in Jomtein near that condo. One guy in crutches sits down, then on the other side a jaded looking older guy, etc. The whole area made me feel old.

The isolation is what worries me.

I've got a friend who retired to Pattaya fifteen years ago. All of his friends either died or moved back home.  He spends most of his time alone and can no longer properly care for himself.  No family or house back in Canada to return to.  I told him that if he went back to Canada they would pressure him into assisted suicide.  He said it wouldn't require any pressure at all, he's ready to go. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Yeah, that was a bit weird. Sad actually. I think it's guys who are getting older and can't afford much and they just kind of get stuck there in Jomtein. There's worse places to be, but I would not want it to be my "end of the road" if you catch my drift.

Jomtein can kind if be like that and it's a reason I moved out of the area to center. Another example is having breakfast in Jomtein near that condo. One guy on crutches sits down, then on the other side a jaded looking older guy, etc. The whole area made me feel old. I'm early 50's so I don't really want to live with 60's/70's. Not ready to retire yet on that level.

If you think VT2 is bad you'll love Nurun.  It makes VT2 look like a 5 star resort.  One thing that makes Nurun better is that there is lots of stuff around within walking distance, including Big C Extra and Foodland, so not as isolated as VT2.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, shdmn said:

If you think VT2 is bad you'll love Nurun.  It makes VT2 look like a 5 star resort.  One thing that makes Nurun better is that there is lots of stuff around within walking distance, including Big C Extra and Foodland, so not as isolated as VT2.

I was scared of getting old and passing away in VT2.

Edited by JimTripper

On 3/29/2022 at 7:42 AM, parafareno said:

is view talay the best investment?

I want big pool, noise isolated rooms....i dont want paper thin walls

any other idea...and I like Jomtien the best

the only think that worries me is how many people livein view talay 2a, b ...elevator is full all the time...etc....thousands of people living thre....is the pool crowded all the time?

I like the Arcadia Beach resort better 

6 hours ago, shdmn said:

With a motorbike you can live anywhere so never isolated although I'd avoid Kasetsin area, one road in one road out

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

I agree about Nirun, you couldn't pay me to live there. Don't agree about VT2 though, not isolated. On the baht bus route, easy to get to Jomtien or Pattaya. Foodmart just 100 yards away. Bus station 100 yards. Loads of bars restauatants with 400 yards. Short walk to the beach. VT2 is a great choice, at the lower end of the market.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I agree about Nirun, you couldn't pay me to live there. Don't agree about VT2 though, not isolated. On the baht bus route, easy to get to Jomtien or Pattaya. Foodmart just 100 yards away. Bus station 100 yards. Loads of bars restauatants with 400 yards. Short walk to the beach. VT2 is a great choice, at the lower end of the market.

Agree.  And, Immigration nearby, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, newnative said:

Agree.  And, Immigration nearby, too.

...and enough roads to walk 5km in QUIET area -:) When I stay at VT1 I go there to walk. Guards are OK, they know me.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

Rose colored glasses or trying to put lipstick on a pig?  About those baht buses.  Going over the hill a few times a week and sitting in the perpetual traffic jam near walking street gets old REAL fast.  On a short stay it's ok but for anything longer you will definitely want to get a scooter.  Foodmart only gets you so far grocery wise. There are not nearly as many restaurants around and things to do as there is in Pattaya.  No aircon malls around to hide out from the mid day heat.  The bus station is only used once when you arrive and leave.  Easy enough to bolt there from Pattaya.

There are a couple much nicer places near Nurun.  Maxx City Condotel and LK Legend.  I think they cater more to vacation rentals though.  Not long term leases and sales.

http://www.maxxcity.com/en/index.php

https://www.lkpattaya.com/legend/?lg=0

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Rose colored glasses or trying to put lipstick on a pig?  About those baht buses.  Going over the hill a few times a week and sitting in the perpetual traffic jam near walking street gets old REAL fast.  On a short stay it's ok but for anything longer you will definitely want to get a scooter.  Foodmart only gets you so far grocery wise. There are not nearly as many restaurants around and things to do as there is in Pattaya.  No aircon malls around to hide out from the mid day heat.  The bus station is only used once when you arrive and leave.  Easy enough to bolt there from Pattaya.

So what's the alternative? Good luck getting a 48 sqm condo in the centre of Pattaya for 7-8000 a month, with a massive pool, loads of parking and low maintenance fees. I get the baht bus into town 2-3 times a week. OK the traffic is bad but it's only a 20 minute ride.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Henryford said:

So what's the alternative? Good luck getting a 48 sqm condo in the centre of Pattaya for 7-8000 a month, with a massive pool, loads of parking and low maintenance fees. I get the baht bus into town 2-3 times a week. OK the traffic is bad but it's only a 20 minute ride.

On that rental budget you would need to head over to 3rd road area.

Not gonna get the pool of course.

I bet the cheapest in lumpini ville naklua go for that.

3 hours ago, advancebooking said:

VIEW TALAY 6 next to the hilton is to be avoided. very old faulty lifts. problems everytime I go there once a month. they will have to be replaced one day when theres a fatality. 

Those lifts have already reached their end date, so presumably the VT6 hasn't got the funds to replace due to low common fees