WHat is the maintenance fee in view talay?

parafareno

1 hour ago, NextG said:

What difference does it make and how is it any different from me refilling my six litre bottles from a water dispensing machine?

Should I feel pride at paying more for a new bottle or should I feel sadness that I choose to not do so?

Weird that people concern themselves with things like this, unless they are thinking that they want to help. 

They were implying people were filling for free because they could not afford to use a machine.

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

They were implying people were filling for free because they could not afford to use a machine.

But we know that is nonsense. The water is right there and available. Where is the water machine for which you have to pay? Probably have to walk a long way to find it. 
Either way, it’s WATER and absolutely necessary for one’s health. Good if it’s free and they can fill up their drinking bottles. 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, NextG said:

But we know that is nonsense. The water is right there and available. Where is the water machine for which you have to pay? Probably have to walk a long way to find it. 
Either way, it’s WATER and absolutely necessary for one’s health. Good if it’s free and they can fill up their drinking bottles. 

I have never seen a free water machine in Thailand. At the food court you actually need to buy bottled water. The poster never responded about what he saw.

Edited by JimTripper

Just now, JimTripper said:

I have never seen a free water machine in Thailand. 

There’s a suggestion of drinking water being given for free. Would you walk away from that in order to find a water machine for which you had to pay?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

There’s a suggestion of drinking water being given for free. Would you walk away from that in order to find a water machine for which you had to pay?

I did start buying bottles from the 7-11 instead of using the machine as well. I don't trust the machines and would rather get a new bottle because I don't trust the upkeep on the machine filters. I do recycle the plastic bottles so I'm not real concerned with the bottle purchase. My health is more important. If it was free water from a faucet at the food court it would be a no. If it was another country like the Usa or something I would drink the free water.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

I did start buying bottles from the 7-11 instead of using the machine as well. I don't trust the machines and would rather get a new bottle because I don't trust the upkeep on the machine filters. I do recycle the plastic bottles so I'm not real concerned with the bottle purchase. My health is more important. If it was free water from a faucet at the food court it would be a no. If it was another country like the Usa or something I would drink the free water.

Is the suggestion that they are filling up with tap water?

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is the suggestion that they are filling up with tap water?

I think they were just having a go at the guys there. It's not a very romantic place, especially in the evening after 6-7pm when there are not a lot of people around. Last time I was there I had a coffee and was just sitting there alone and it felt pretty depressing, especially if you're on the way back to a room in Nirun or Pattaya Pad or similar.

Edited by JimTripper

34 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I think they were just having a go at the guys there. It's not a very romantic place, especially in the evening after 6-7pm when there are not a lot of people around. Last time I was there I had a coffee and was just sitting there alone and it felt pretty depressing, especially if you're on the way back to a room in Nirun or Pattaya Pad or similar.

The food centre there and at the former TOPS on Klang and Sai Song, now defunct, have long been gathering spots for expats wanting clean food at a reasonable price. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I have never seen a free water machine in Thailand. At the food court you actually need to buy bottled water. The poster never responded about what he saw.

Edited 8 hours ago by JimTripper

There is certainly one in Big-CX, it's like baby pigeons, they do exist  even if you have never seen one. 

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

There is a free water machine in the middle of the Big C Extra food court, from memory cups have either run out or you need to bring your own.

It's exactly the same at all street food places that provide free water, ice and cups

Edited by scubascuba3

8 hours ago, NextG said:

The food centre there and at the former TOPS on Klang and Sai Song, now defunct, have long been gathering spots for expats wanting clean food at a reasonable price. 

That's great. Next time I can bring my cup for the water machine and make tea. That's nice that there's free water.

6 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

That's great. Next time I can bring my cup for the water machine and make tea. That's nice that there's free water.

If there is free HOT water, then why not?

But this thread concerns maintenance fees…

22 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Because I don't like hot water. Let me know if you like the tea when you make it there.

So you propose to make your tea with cold water. Good luck.
Not my area, but yours. I live in another part of the city. 

Interesting discussion. Until about the free water. I am going for say 6 weeks in low season to size up whether the area is my cup of tea to live and I must admit have been a bit turned off by the comments on the Talay area of Jomtiem with the lack of shops and facilities and busy baht bus to town.  Though surprised people talk about swimming there. Thought all beaches were too dirty. 

Thinking about more Central Pattaya to be near shops etc but don't want too much noise - may be a contradiction. Thought a bit towards Wongamat . Pratamnuk may be a bit separated without a bike. If anyone can suggest somewhere near transport, good gym and pool, at least 50 sqm inside, budget discretionary depending on what you get but don't mind paying a decent amount, nice to pick somewhere with potential to be long term base.  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

26 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Interesting discussion. Until about the free water. I am going for say 6 weeks in low season to size up whether the area is my cup of tea to live and I must admit have been a bit turned off by the comments on the Talay area of Jomtiem with the lack of shops and facilities and busy baht bus to town.  Though surprised people talk about swimming there. Thought all beaches were too dirty. 

Thinking about more Central Pattaya to be near shops etc but don't want too much noise - may be a contradiction. Thought a bit towards Wongamat . Pratamnuk may be a bit separated without a bike. If anyone can suggest somewhere near transport, good gym and pool, at least 50 sqm inside, budget discretionary depending on what you get but don't mind paying a decent amount, nice to pick somewhere with potential to be long term base.  

Living in Pratumnak you can be very near the baht bus, i am, either on Pratumnak Hill or one of the sois but near Pratumnak Hill, 4, 5 and 6  are long and can be nowhere near a baht bus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I'm in central, been looking around wongamat. 

There is virtually nowhere on the baht bus route, i believe.

Lumpini ville is a great location but its low budget.

Open to suggestions from anyone in the know - will go 25k month.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Living in Pratumnak you can be very near the baht bus, i am, either on Pratumnak Hill or one of the sois but near Pratumnak Hill, 4, 5 and 6  are long and can be nowhere near a baht bus

That crawling baht bus to get into central pattaya would drive me nuts.

Also dislike the tourist demographic of that neighbourhood :whistling:

8 hours ago, noobexpat said:

That crawling baht bus to get into central pattaya would drive me nuts.

Also dislike the tourist demographic of that neighbourhood :whistling:

Yeah you need a motorbike for the best experience, i rarely see Russians, although i live Pratumnak i spend more time central, just more interesting 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, JimTripper said:

There are a few available power points too I believe, so bring your electric kettle, not sure if a gas cylinder and kettle are allowed. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

If i was looking now i would go for the Axis on the top of Pratamnack Hill (or if rich the new Grand Solaire). Medium sized upper end condo so you don't have to mix with the riff raff in the VTs. On baht bus route, get a condo at the back so right on Pattaya's only "park". Easy trip into Jomtien/Pattaya or the beach.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

If i was looking now i would go for the Axis on the top of Pratamnack Hill (or if rich the new Grand Solaire). Medium sized upper end condo so you don't have to mix with the riff raff in the VTs. On baht bus route, get a condo at the back so right on Pattaya's only "park". Easy trip into Jomtien/Pattaya or the beach.

Axis is not on Pratumnak Hill it's on Theppraya, good location though for the baht bus

• Like 2

19 hours ago, noobexpat said:

I'm in central, been looking around wongamat. 

There is virtually nowhere on the baht bus route, i believe.

Lumpini ville is a great location but its low budget.

Open to suggestions from anyone in the know - will go 25k month.

This is why it pays to be nice, instead of an unpleasant show-off. 

I know some AMAZING accommodation at that price point, but am loathe to put my neck out for someone who behaved in that manner. 
Better you learn by yourself that money doesn’t buy you real friends. 

13 hours ago, Henryford said:

That is not Pattaya's only park.

13 hours ago, Henryford said:

Doesn't want to mix with the riff raff, but happy to use a baht bus...bit of a contradiction?

PH

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Doesn't want to mix with the riff raff, but happy to use a baht bus...bit of a contradiction?

PH

Took it as a joke. Those buildings seem fine though let's be honest some of the downbeat descriptions of I think View Talay 1 or 2 and the local shops in this thread did not sound inspiring. Looking for a location for 6 weeks in a condo in the right location not so easy but some options look ok. Thinking I might travel multiple places to have a look at other options.