Fourth dose of Vaccine, when and which one?

Presumably it will be quite a while before the Thai government programme includes a second booster shot.So for most expatriates (who want/need) the second booster will need to source in private sector hospitals.I know that at hospitals like Bumrungrad and Samitivej booster shots (Pfizer/Moderna) can be purchased.But are they prepared to accept bookings for a second booster yet? And if they are, can the details be included in the official Thai certificate?

In Tuesday’s NY Times an article says that, based on limited Israeli data, people 50 and over (perhaps qualified with individual health stats - I don’t remember) a second Moderna booster could be given four months after the first one.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

3rd and 4th booster shots available at Bang Sue Station now.  I walked in on Monday for a 4th shot, got a choice of Moderna or Pfizer.  Really slick service  - in and out within an hour (including observation time).  Mor Prom app updated within 24 hours.  

Thanks.That's the info I wanted.Recommended interval between first and second booster is apparently any time between 4 and 6 months.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

3rd and 4th booster shots available at Bang Sue Station now.  I walked in on Monday for a 4th shot, got a choice of Moderna or Pfizer.  Really slick service  - in and out within an hour (including observation time).  Mor Prom app updated within 24 hours.  

1. How long from your 3rd shot until your 4th shot?

2. What brand were your two original doses?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, jayboy said:

Presumably it will be quite a while before the Thai government programme includes a second booster shot.So for most expatriates (who want/need) the second booster will need to source in private sector hospitals.I know that at hospitals like Bumrungrad and Samitivej booster shots (Pfizer/Moderna) can be purchased.But are they prepared to accept bookings for a second booster yet? And if they are, can the details be included in the official Thai certificate?

I have had 3 shots sofar and can just show up at the local government hospital to get my 4th shot. But my COVID certivicate is still about 70 days valid, so I will wait.

Going with September to cover the various 'last vaccine shot cannot be more than 270 days ago to be considered fully vaccinated' rules in some countries that might still be in place for winter and spring travel next year.   Will go with Astra or J&J if I can find it.   Already had 1 Astra and 2 Pfizers.   

Edited by Heng

2 hours ago, Griffo63 said:

What to know about a 2nd COVID-19 booster for people over age 50

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/what-to-know-about-a-2nd-covid-19-booster-for-people-over-age-50/ar-AAVC9Xt?li=BBnb7Kz

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Because getting a booster might save your life... especially if you're an older age person.

The reputable medical reports I’ve read suggest that the symptoms of Covid after having had 3 shots of vaccine would be negligible, or at worst, no more than that a common cold. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jayboy said:

I got a Moderna booster by paying 1650 Baht 5 months after the free Pfizer jabs. The hospital gave me an updated certificate. It's a bit early to be doing a second booster for those who got jabbed only in Thailand. But why don't you call Bumrungrad for info? If you are old and have health issues, try the paying route and do 5 months (or less) if the option is available. Check out the post just above this one.

Edited by placnx

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A pill is on the way and will be available before too long. End of the year, maybe?Much better option.

There are not that many courses in the order, was it 50000?, so it will be hard to get this medicine, and at what cost?