Tourism Council Urges Government to Relax Restrictions to Revitalize Industry

webfact

14 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Get rid of thai pass

Just do it like Australia,  must be fully vaccinated, have a RAT test 24hrs before you leave your country, then 1 within 24hrs after arriving,  then another after 5 days

• Confused 3
  • Sad 10
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Until they remove all of the nonsense then hardly anyone will come.

It's as simple as that.

They should watch what happens to Spain this coming summer, it's going to be carnage as Spain is replaced as the default destination for many UK tourists who will go elsewhere because it's easier and cheaper to do so.

The Spanish will relent, it's just a matter of time, but maybe they leave it too late for this year.

Totally agree that the amount of nonsense determines number of holidaymakers. More nonsense = less tourism. Simple equation really. 

Spain though, they only require the Spanish health form thing to be done before arrival. Oh and masks inside public buildings. So it's almost back to normal. 

That said, I was in Tenerife a couple of weeks ago and numbers are still down compared to pre-Covid. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:

From what I remember "and 75 million local travelers" which I assume are Thai nationals being referred to, is more than the population of the country. In 2020 it was just under 70 million. Has there been an explosion of births in the last two years?

So nobody cant travel like 2 times/ year?! Before covid we travel almost every weekend some place to relax or see new places.