Is it just me or

5 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

What specific "economic data that flies in the face of what are commonly held to be facts" that was referred by the previous poster would you like to see?
I did not see any reference to economic data.  
What is the second set of figures to which you would like to compare the data that you say (by reference "this economic data") you would like him to provide?

I am not being snarky, I am accusing you of obfuscation.

Back in the day, we could cope with data without suitable simplification.  

No obfuscation I was  saying that the data would probably be a bit complex for me to understand in it's original form.

That classes as self-effacing modesty which is a concept you would be unlikely to grasp. 

On 3/31/2022 at 7:39 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why would a cashier need to be able to work maths out in their head ?

These days its all bar codes and QR scans and even calculators are outdated .

Its unnecessary for cashiers to do the sums themselves .

Even cash is getting to be outdated these days , everything is done on their phones and cash doesn't even change hands , QR numbers are just exchanged . 

Theres really no need to anyone to work out sums in their head , that all began changing about 60 years ago when electronic tills became popular 

The idea was that he wanted people that had a brain.  the early 80's  you had calculators but the question in  his mind that I did not mention is that he said the cash register is broken.

Take a look at todays world if they do not have a cash register they can not process your bill.

• Like 2

If you rely on a school to fully educate your kid, you're the problem. Play games like monopoly with them and have them be the banker. Teach them the tricks of doing math in the head, not a calculator. 

On 4/1/2022 at 11:18 PM, StreetCowboy said:

What specific "economic data that flies in the face of what are commonly held to be facts" that was referred by the previous poster would you like to see?
I did not see any reference to economic data.  
What is the second set of figures to which you would like to compare the data that you say (by reference "this economic data") you would like him to provide?

I am not being snarky, I am accusing you of obfuscation.

Back in the day, we could cope with data without suitable simplification.  

The economic data that is referred to in paragraph 6.

Now should I report you for your false and offensive accusation.? Probably just have another coffee. 

• Like 1