Balanitis treatment

THAIPHUKET

Are you sure it's "balanitis " ?  I got one last year ( it's what doctor said , didn't know this  name before )  

he gave me prescription of amoxilin / clavulanic 10 tablets 1000 mg ( take 2 a day )

gone in five days !

I think I got infection from washcloth ( beware, washcloth are full of microbs ) 

Not medical advice blah blah blah..... but if bacterial can use an antibiotic cream in case there is also a bacterial infection. Or, can take 500 mg Amoxicillin 3x day 5-7 days or Azithromycin 1g day 1 and 500 mg twice on day 2 (if possible STD).  Along with this try a cream with a different antifungal active drug in case it is fungal and resistant to your current cream.

Also, if diabetic or pre-diabetic you might not have it under control.

Had something similar here in Vietnam. It started out as swelling of one eye and a rash around the neck.Then balanatis like symptoms. Antifungals were useful. Went to a dermatologist who said it was contact dermatitis. He prescribed Fucicord for the eye and Tracolimus for the genital area. That got rid of it. 

My father developed this condition in his late 60s and wasn't really keeping it under control after numerous doctor visits.  He was diabetic and doing a pretty good job of keeping his blood sugar under control.  Finally, the doctor suggested circumcision, not a trivial procedure for a mature adult, but it made it much easier to solve the problem.

• Like 1

Be very careful what your putting on it. A couple of days of the wrong cortisone % and you are scarred for life.

I was prescribed Cortisone/antibiotic mix in Barcelona for this. Had a consult with Dr. Anna Jaruwarn in Bkk Pattaya hospital. Mentioned the cream I was using to her. "Oh no, it's too strong!". She prescribed something milder.

I had to choose between following the Barcelona advice or Thai advice.

I chose Barcelona and continued the 14 day course.

This results in thinning of the skin that is irreversible.

Good luck.

If the creams don't work last resort is circumcision. It works but what they don't tell you about that is depending how much they cut off you can lose an inch or so.

• Like 1

I'm struggling with the same right now.

4 days ago I got a Ceftriaxone jab + Azithromycin tablets at the hospital on suspicion of VD and I think that's what caused the balanitis/thrush (or what looks like it). But it hasn't gone away with betadine, maybe the betadine I've used (a betadine throat spray) was too weak.

I've just bought some Canesten from the local chemist's. 

• 4 weeks later...

A week ago i bought 'Myderm Quad' off Shoppe, 40bt + p&p, and it cleared my balanitis up way better than anything i've tried before. You only need a tiny amount morning and evening... 3 days !