11 pages for 90 days report

Many moons ago (in the late 90s) these photocopies ended up as a wrapping for food bought off street vendors.

Quite a few times I have bought deep fried bananas to find that the paper at the bottom of the bag was a xerox of someones passport or ID card.

I presume that this practice has now stopped.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hopefully ur hunderds and hundreds of signed copies are completely safe.????

They recycle them, got a copy of your extension on the back of my 90 day receipt, which was made for a Chinese lady. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah understand entirely!  I have been doing my reports for almost 20 years.  Since 2015 I(or the year when embassy letter was stopped) I have gone to the monthly deposit method and after the first year when they kept asking for additional documentation, I began providing them with a book each year, including yearly letter from my retirement office stating what I get each month, etc, a copy of the deposit from that office into my stateside bank acct, a monthly report of deposit of said funds into my stateside acct, my wire transfer request for each month, my Thai bank monthly report of transfer of funds from overseas, the two yearly reports fm my Thai bank showing the 12 monthly reports as well as the acct being mine only, plus a copy of every page of my local bank book updated on the day I go to immigration. When I gave that "book" to the IO, he laughed and said "wow very many documents!"  I laughed too and requested he advise me if he needed more.  He just laughed and 20 minutes later I was out the door waiting for the next year.   I print all these on my printer so cost is minimal especially since there is no hassle from the IO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

Yeah understand entirely!  I have been doing my reports for almost 20 years.  Since 2015 I(or the year when embassy letter was stopped) I have gone to the monthly deposit method and after the first year when they kept asking for additional documentation, I began providing them with a book each year, including yearly letter from my retirement office stating what I get each month, etc, a copy of the deposit from that office into my stateside bank acct, a monthly report of deposit of said funds into my stateside acct, my wire transfer request for each month, my Thai bank monthly report of transfer of funds from overseas, the two yearly reports fm my Thai bank showing the 12 monthly reports as well as the acct being mine only, plus a copy of every page of my local bank book updated on the day I go to immigration. When I gave that "book" to the IO, he laughed and said "wow very many documents!"  I laughed too and requested he advise me if he needed more.  He just laughed and 20 minutes later I was out the door waiting for the next year.   I print all these on my printer so cost is minimal especially since there is no hassle from the IO.

He is posting about the 90 day report. Why are you referring to an extension of stay renewal. The 2 are completely different.

• Like 2

This is yet another reason why I changed to using an agent after doing everything myself for more than 25 years.  Now I only go to Immigration once each year for my extension at my appointed time.  I smile, have my photo taken for their computer, sign my name a few more times then leave.  The entire process lasts about 10 to 15 minutes.  I just got tired of dealing with the whole hassle of numerous visits, so turning everything over to an agent for slightly less than 10,000 baht a year is a pleasure.

I went to do my 90 day report a couple of weeks ago in Jomtien, filled out my TM47, made sure that the TM6 was in the passport together with the receipt from the last 90 day report.

At Jomtien they now have a separate queue for the 90 day reporting, you hand in your passport to an officer receive a number and take a seat in a tent, with fans blowing to keep you cool.

An officer takes everything inside and a short while after a pile of passports return, your number is called, you collect your passport, check all is done and you are on your way.

This time I had a nice surprise, the officer that I handed in my passport and paperwork to, looked at the receipt from my last 90 day report, she saw it had a bar code on it, she handed me back the TM47 and said this is not needed because you have the bar code.

Certainly seems like things are getting simpler, however, I have Thai Elite visa, not retirement, so I don’t know if it makes a difference.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:57 PM, poppysdad said:

I copied all my stamped pages plus tm 28 plus arrivals card plus the recent 90 day slip - 11 pages

About 12 years ago I sold my Buell to a foreigner from Bangkok.

The DLT ask for a copy of every used page of my passport.

I had to copy 60 pages of my 64 page passport and send to him so he could transfer the bike into his name. 

9 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

They recycle them, got a copy of your extension on the back of my 90 day receipt, which was made for a Chinese lady. 

I "spoiled" the back of my forms, with a line drawn thru it. If they noticed it I could see they don't like it, but they've yet to cause a fuss. 

I cannot believe they do not accept double sided printing. They are an embarrassment to common sense and modernity.

• Like 2

I find this quite amazing but not surprising with some of the Offices you read about. I walk into Immigration at Dan Singkorn with just my passport and the last 90 day report slip. They take out the old slip, print off the next report date, staple in and done within 2 minutes. I love living in Prachuap Khiri Khan with some of the best IOs in the country.