Where to sell collected timepieces (limited edition watches) in Chiang Mai?

Kok Ann

I'm looking to sell a Tissot T-Race MotoGP Limited Edition 2017 watch (Blue). I've never used the watch and everything is exactly as it is in the box. I'm not confident in selling on Chrono24 or other online watch trading platforms because of shipping and customs, etc. Looking for an authentic reseller to get it off my hands in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know any watch resellers in Chiang Mai?

A suggestion that is hopefully helpful-

There are numerous buy and sell pages on FB for various locations in Thailand, and also general sites for various locations.

For instance- There is the site Chiang Rai Everything that has more than 5,000 members, and there is also Chiang Rai Buy and Sell (not sure how many members).

??

• Thanks 1

Good luck in your search.

I did not find anywhere that looked reliable when I wanted to sell my watch collection some years back. (I never wear a watch in Thailand.)

I managed to sell a couple of watches on trips to the UK, but the rest I gave away to family and friends.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jchfriis said:

There's a small shop on the ground floor of Central Airport on the left side not far from Tops. He might be interested.

Yes, his name is Ton, he has a few contacts that may be interested though prefers antiques. Got an acceptable price from one of his buyers for an 60 year old Tudor a year or so ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, charliebadenhop said:

There are numerous buy and sell pages on FB for various locations in Thailand

Yep and you get all the people who are not the slight bit interested in buying but have to comment about how your price is too high, blah, blah, blah.

I have a lot of good stuff to sell but hate FB from past experiences.

• Sad 1

I can remember a guy had a shop on the 4th floor in the old WORLD TRADE CENTRE in Bangkok (now called Centralworld) who bought and sold Omega timepieces.

I (foolishly) sold him one of my Omega "Moonwatches"...  I think I got $2K for it. He had about 60 or 70 antique to modern Omega's on display.

It was always fascinating stopping by his shop to gaze at the wonderful display of timepieces...  this would have been the 90's.

Sorry I'm no help..  I saw your thread title and got all nostalgic. 

• Like 1

Yes, nostalgic memories...

I sold 30 years ago my Rolex Day Date gold with diamond bezel and bark bracelet band,plus my Submariner steel gold with blue dial!
In the basement of Landmark Hotel down the escalator near The Huntsman Pub on Sukhumvit in Bangkok!
Very serious ! In 2005 there was still there !

I bought my 2nd hand Rolex 5 years ago here: http://www.abacwatch.com/
Super prices & warranty 

My wife a Day Date with blue dial & diamonds just super prices.

Also buys watches on !!!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:21 AM, charliebadenhop said:

A suggestion that is hopefully helpful-

There are numerous buy and sell pages on FB for various locations in Thailand, and also general sites for various locations.

For instance- There is the site Chiang Rai Everything that has more than 5,000 members, and there is also Chiang Rai Buy and Sell (not sure how many members).

??

Thank you for the suggestion. The problem I have with FB marketplace is that I'm afraid of having my account banned, I've read about the nightmare stories about individual sellers being banned and not up for risking it. 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:56 AM, Kawawa said:

How much you wanted to sell the watch 

The price range on Chrono24 and other watch platforms for the watch is between 18,000 Baht to 25,000 Baht. Tissot is selling it for 30,000 Baht (brand new). I bought the watch for around the same at 30,000 Baht (based on exchange rates then). I'm just looking for someone to value the watch rather than earn money from it, so 20,000 to 22,000 Baht would do (depending on cost of transaction - transportation, etc). 

On 4/2/2022 at 9:46 AM, Thailand said:

Yes, his name is Ton, he has a few contacts that may be interested though prefers antiques. Got an acceptable price from one of his buyers for an 60 year old Tudor a year or so ago.

Thank you! I'll definitely ask if he is interested after the Songkran break. ????

On 4/2/2022 at 2:06 PM, Ralf001 said:

Has it been authenticated by a reputable watch place not located within Thailand ?

I bought the watch from duty free at Tissot watch seller at KLIA 2 (Malaysian airport). I don't know it that counts? 

Edited by Kok Ann

On 4/4/2022 at 1:48 PM, buddy2010 said:

Yes, nostalgic memories...

I sold 30 years ago my Rolex Day Date gold with diamond bezel and bark bracelet band,plus my Submariner steel gold with blue dial!
In the basement of Landmark Hotel down the escalator near The Huntsman Pub on Sukhumvit in Bangkok!
Very serious ! In 2005 there was still there !

I bought my 2nd hand Rolex 5 years ago here: http://www.abacwatch.com/
Super prices & warranty 

My wife a Day Date with blue dial & diamonds just super prices.

Also buys watches on !!!

Unfortunately, what he's selling is hardly a Rolex.