Phuket immigration assisted 1,800 Ukrainian and Russian tourists last month with travel issues

webfact

S__27697654-696x463.jpg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Phuket – Phuket immigration officer spokesperson revealed over 1,800 Ukrainian and Russian tourists came to receive aid during the month of March, most with travel-related issues due to the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war.

Yesterday, the Phuket immigration inspector Anirut Pattarawiwat revealed 1,830 people including Ukrainians and Russians in Phuket affected by the conflict came to receive assistance with visa extensions from March 1st to March 27th.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Moreover, the officers said they had collaborated with the Russian Embassy and had offered the provision of special-price accommodation and assistance for those who could not proceed with financial transactions due to sanctions.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/04/01/phuket-immigration-assisted-1800-ukrainian-and-russian-tourists-last-month-with-travel-issues/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-04-02

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I don't think so.

For the Russians there is no reason to stay longer in Thailand.

Their home is not destroyed and their accounts are available.

So get them out!

The Ukranians lost their home and would come back into a devastated country. 

Give them food and proper accomodation for FREE and don't bother them with any visa regulations. Same as all EU countries do.????????????

Your almost right, Putin is now drafting 135,000 Russians for the war in Ukraine so the Russians might want to stay here a little longer.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

....They didn't have to jump through hoops.

It still cost 1900 baht for the extra month.

That's a lot of goulash.

Goulash is a Hungarian meat and vegetables stew dish ...very tasty 

Bjort is Russian dish ....but i have no idea about the composition ....the sounding already makes me feel vomit ????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

I don't think so.

So get them out!

Give them food and proper accomodation for FREE and don't bother them with any visa regulations. Same as all EU countries do.????????????

You do realize a lot of Ukranians have Russian family members and vice versa right, so what happened when mother is Ukranian, father is Russian, should we just execute the father on sight in front of the mother and baby?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 4/2/2022 at 2:21 AM, webfact said:

Moreover, the officers said they had collaborated with the Russian Embassy and had offered the provision of special-price accommodation and assistance

So is their embassy paying some, or all of the cost, or zilch ?, don't suppose we'll get full disclosure on what that 'collaborated' really means and I notice from this poorly reported story they don't seem to be 'collaborating' with the Ukrainian Embassy.

18 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

I don't think so.

So get them out!

Give them food and proper accomodation for FREE and don't bother them with any visa regulations. Same as all EU countries do.

You don't figure that being 10,000 km away from the war exonerates them from any war crimes?  

1 hour ago, impulse said:

You don't figure that being 10,000 km away from the war exonerates them from any war crimes?  

He never said anything about war crimes.

What part of his post is incorrect?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 6:37 AM, flexomike said:

thought read earlier they were going to wave that fee

Maybe in other places but not in Phuket.

On 4/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, PETERTHEEATER said:

For the first extension they will waive the fee, subsequent extensions they will wave the fee shouting " Beer's on me tonight lads".....????

Same as above comment, not in Phuket ????