CCTV: Youth, 17, attacks 21 year old with a sword - it's jealousy over new relationship

webfact

screenshot_17324.jpg

CCTV screenshot

Sanook reported that a jealous teen, aged just 17, went to the home of his ex armed with a sword.

Then he attacked his ex girlfriend's new lover - aged 21.

Worawuth or "O" is in a coma in ICU after the brazen attack in Udon Thani.

The corridor outside the room had clear CCTV pictures of a man arrive in a cap with another youth who waits outside while the attack is done behind an unlocked door.

screenshot_17325.jpg

Picture: Facebook Mint Kwanruethai

The girlfriend was out with friends. 

It appears the assailant overheard a conversation about the new relationship - going on since their own breakup a month ago - and went for vengeance. 

Police are seeking a 17 year old called Camp following the attack in Soi Lamun Uthit, Mark Khaeng, Udon Thani, NE Thailand. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Poor fragile little 17 year old boy. Don´t handle rejection very well. How in the whole wide world can this be tolerated to continue? It´s stone age behavior.

Ding dong Avon calling... NOT

17 and could have gone to find another girlfriend, instead just screw up your life.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Lovely. 
Uneducated people with no future have NOTHING to lose, except FACE.

And now he loses even more face by disgracing his family - if he has one - and by spending several years in jail. But he wouldn't have been able to understand that before the attack as that is step 2 of what happens and he couldn't count that far.

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

When are they going to realise a "sorry at the Wat" is not going to deter anyone !

Whats needed is real and harsh consequences for actions. Not a stupid penny fine or a Wai af the Wat.

Adequate law enforcement and real punishment for the crime regardless of who you might know or be related to.

You appear to know his sentence already, which is rather presumptuous of you. I have a prison not far from where I live and where I often see 100 or more prisoners in the grounds. I don't think a sorry or a wai was enough for them. Believe it or not, people do actually go to jail in Thailand, as long as they aren't 'an influential figure'. I've even read of people getting 10 years for stealing a loaf of bread.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Ding dong Avon calling... NOT

17 and could have gone to find another girlfriend, instead just screw up your life.

Maybe he knew how hard he had to find one with that kind of mentality. Still no reason, but it might have been the only woman in the world that accepted him for some time, anyway.

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Maybe he knew how hard he had to find one with that kind of mentality. Still no reason, but it might have been the only woman in the world that accepted him for some time, anyway.

Aged 17 it was probably his first love and didn't have the mental capacity to understand the break-up. So many other girls out there that he could have moved on with.

I except he was a baby but a girl his own age might have been a better idea.

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Aged 17 it was probably his first love and didn't have the mental capacity to understand the break-up. So many other girls out there that he could have moved on with.

I except he was a baby but a girl his own age might have been a better idea.

The best idea is to put people like him up on a line, put them out of their misery and send the bill for the bullet to the parents.

Just now, Gottfrid said:

The best idea is to put people like him up on a line, put them out of their misery and send the bill for the bullet to the parents.

That would solve a few problems, jail space, cost and re-offending at a later date.

• Like 1