Yaris worst off as two die six injured in horror smash in far south

webfact

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Muang Songkhla police called to an accident on the Songkhla to Hat Hai Road had to stop traffic in both directions. 

Three vehicles had collided including a delivery van, a Corolla and a Yaris. 

A collision had occurred on one side of the road propelling the other vehicle across the central divide damaging a power pole and three trees.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

On the opposite side a Yaris - a vehicle used to teach learners to drive - got the worst of the accident in a head on collision.

Two people inside were killed and three injured.

Three more injuries came from the other vehicles. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

i have cancelled it.....I know the odds of being injured or killed are small, but really not prepared to take the risk unless it is a journey that is truly necessary.

You have given up on life already? Waking up is dangerous, crossing the road is dangerous. 

Weekdays are better. All the nutters are at work.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Due to drive down to Bangkok next week for a few days........seven hour drive.

i have cancelled it.....I know the odds of being injured or killed are small, but really not prepared to take the risk unless it is a journey that is truly necessary.

The moment you stepped out of your home, the risk is already there in Thailand. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, shady86 said:

The moment you stepped out of your home, the risk is already there in Thailand. 

Funnily enough, stopped for noodles yesterday and sat just off the roadside.........thought.....nope. Moved much further inside.......just a matter of tickling the odds in your favour....why not?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Due to drive down to Bangkok next week for a few days........seven hour drive.

Wisdom is the better part of valor.

Never get near a road at night, on weekend, or during holidaze.

You will live longer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

You have given up on life already? Waking up is dangerous, crossing the road is dangerous.

Weekdays are better. All the nutters are at work.

yes, but: The nutters at work are delivery, lorry, van, bus drivers

8 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I drive around corners and junctions on the assumption something is coming the other way

This one alone.....  

Driving here for a long time....  I think I can no longer be surprised by the utter lack of self-preservation of those riding (and driving) around me....  Yet I am regularly surprised by the look on someone face as they come round a corner and nearly ride straight into my car or me on my motorcycle, or they pull out in front of me and I have to hit the brakes.....  with some acceptors the look is quite common,... its as if its my fault for being there !!!.... I shouldn’t be there, thats where they were riding !!!!! 

This manifests itself in foreigners too...

On a recent thread someone was driving in the right most lane, he said he was cruising (80kmh - there is debate whether that section of the road is 60 kmh or 80 kmh speed limit). 

An other foreigner swerved across three lanes to do a U-Turn without looking across the drivers path, the approaching driver had to brake hard to avoid hitting him. 

The thread developed into blaming the driver, some posters when hyperbolic, blaming him for being careless driving a car with poor brakes, blaming him for driving recklessly etc etc... 

Some people just can’t see fault where it most simply exists....  some of the idiots are foreigners too.

During the years I lived in BKK and traveled to Songkhla for work, I kept hoping they'd open up the SKL navy airstrip for commercial flights.  That hourlong stretch from Hat Yai airport to SKL town was a white knuckle deal even in good conditions with company vetted drivers. 

Most companies forbade their employees from taking that trip in the dark.

On 4/4/2022 at 8:38 PM, richard_smith237 said:

This one alone.....  

Driving here for a long time....  I think I can no longer be surprised by the utter lack of self-preservation of those riding (and driving) around me....  Yet I am regularly surprised by the look on someone face as they come round a corner and nearly ride straight into my car or me on my motorcycle, or they pull out in front of me and I have to hit the brakes.....  with some acceptors the look is quite common,... its as if its my fault for being there !!!.... I shouldn’t be there, thats where they were riding !!!!! 

This manifests itself in foreigners too...

On a recent thread someone was driving in the right most lane, he said he was cruising (80kmh - there is debate whether that section of the road is 60 kmh or 80 kmh speed limit). 

An other foreigner swerved across three lanes to do a U-Turn without looking across the drivers path, the approaching driver had to brake hard to avoid hitting him. 

The thread developed into blaming the driver, some posters when hyperbolic, blaming him for being careless driving a car with poor brakes, blaming him for driving recklessly etc etc... 

Some people just can’t see fault where it most simply exists....  some of the idiots are foreigners too.

Quite staggering isn't it?.......mentioned this before.....we eat in a little 'restaurant' near what was a junction, but has now changed to cross roads.......what a nightmare.....already seen two accidents. One a motorbike and a car, neither slowed down...boom.... and another.....a motorcyclist just cut right across the corner as a car came the other way.....