Age Gap Relationships... in the Later Years? (Opinions/Experiences Sought)

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I had the opposite experience at a party in Australia some years ago, when one of the women decided decided to take me to task about having a Thai GF. She asked why I would do that, when there were plenty of Australian women available.

I said she is 23 years younger than me, and a great lay. She weighs 41 kg. She cooks for me, washes and irons my clothes, cuts my toenails, and gives me a massage if I am tired. She can't take half my assets if we split up. She prays to Buddha every night for a long life for me. Tell me where I can find a woman like that in Australia, who would even want me.

I thought she was going to throw her glass of wine over me, but she thought better of it.

With the exception of praying every night.....snap. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Tell me where I can find a woman like that in Australia, who would even want me.

I thought she was going to throw her glass of wine over me, but she thought better of it.

Funny thing is, there's literally nothing she could say to counter that. All she could do is try to shame you about the age difference (which is basically a meaningless endeavour).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure it depends a lot on where you live and which places you visit.

I.e. I live in lower Sukhumvit in Bangkok. Age gap farang Thai couples are normal in this area. I would be surprised if many people think much about them.

The only people who seem to look are the new arriving tourists when the old woman points out to her old husband that old guy with the young girl. Obviously she is disgusted by this view. And obviously he thinks how wonderful life could be with such a girl. ???? 

And soon, the old guy walks  around with a  young lady and the old woman finishes her holidays alone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I had the opposite experience at a party in Australia some years ago, when one of the women decided decided to take me to task about having a Thai GF. She asked why I would do that, when there were plenty of Australian women available.

I said she is 23 years younger than me, and a great lay. She weighs 41 kg. She cooks for me, washes and irons my clothes, cuts my toenails, and gives me a massage if I am tired. She can't take half my assets if we split up. She prays to Buddha every night for a long life for me. Tell me where I can find a woman like that in Australia, who would even want me.

So in other words, you want a maid who will also give you sex.

Not judging, but that ain't for me.

Never wanted a live in servant, but someone who was my equal who could if needed knock me on the head and tell me to shape up

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I have a very small sample size here, my step-daughter's circle of about a dozen friends. They are all college grads in their early 30s. All except for one had a similar age boyfriend in college. The exception had a boyfriend in his 30's and she was the object of a lot of gossip, especially among the mothers of these girls including my wife.

A couple of them married their boyfriend after college. However, none of them are with their boyfriends from college now. Most of them are now with men 10 to 15 years older, mostly married, some not. Note that all of the boyfriends and husbands have been Thai, no exceptions. Only two of these women have kids so far, the rest have their careers.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grin said:

Okay, I have a very small sample size here, my step-daughter's circle of about a dozen friends. They are all college grads in their early 30s. All except for one had a similar age boyfriend in college. The exception had a boyfriend in his 30's and she was the object of a lot of gossip, especially among the mothers of these girls including my wife.

A couple of them married their boyfriend after college. However, none of them are with their boyfriends from college now. Most of them are now with men 10 to 15 years older, mostly married, some not. Note that all of the boyfriends and husbands have been Thai, no exceptions. Only two of these women have kids so far, the rest have their careers.

Interesting. Sounds a little like "dual mating strategy", but maybe Thai style.

8 minutes ago, grin said:

However, none of them are with their boyfriends from college now. Most of them are now with men 10 to 15 years older,

I can see the attraction of an older man......financially more secure (potentially), more mature emotionally (slightly) and likely to die well before the wife....... leaving her to finally enjoy life.....all makes sense.

20 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I can see the attraction of an older man......financially more secure (potentially), more mature emotionally (slightly) and likely to die well before the wife....... leaving her to finally enjoy life.....all makes sense.

I think the first two would probably need to be present for it to work, so perhaps men who do not meet them are not in the equation. I doubt that if everything was the same except the age, that an older guy would be preferable.

Die before the wife is an interesting one. I think it's true that women are generally happier than men after having lost a partner. I'm not sure any man would be OK with the idea of his wife dying 10-20 years before him. He would probably end up quite isolated (if he didn't find someone new).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grin said:

So just for clarity age gap ok, farang not so much?

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I realise you aren't replying to me, but hopefully you won't mind me answering.

There's nothing wrong with you suggesting that an early twenties university educated Thai girl's first choice is not a foreign man 20 years her senior.  However, you cannot say that there is absolutely no early twenties university educated Thai girl whose first choice is a foreign man 20 years her senior. 

Also, you cannot say that a "first choice" is always relevant in terms of who the girl chooses to be with, as there may be other factors that limit the choice of men available to her or incentivise her to choose a foreign man 20 years her senior.

Mate as I keep saying I wish you well but within the parameters your providing you should have come here 30 years ago. I wish you all the best and you will probably jag what you desire but this false premise that there is all these young university aged, and let's be honest here  girls, looking for 20 plus year older falangs to breed with is mental.

I'd be more concerned as why your chasing school girls tbh.

Im near 50 and I can think of nothing worse than trying to start a relationship with a 20 year old. I would certainly fxxk one cos there is nothing like the exuberance of youth but it sounds fairly close to grooming to me.

Edited by starky
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, starky said:

this false premise that there is all these young university aged, and let's be honest here  girls, looking for 20 plus year older falangs to breed with is mental.

I never said there was a high number of them. You seem to have a slight problem in your understanding of most of what people are posting in this thread.

I've noticed you read a post where someone says "X is possible" and you respond as though they are saying "X happens all the time, everyone wants X, X is the only thing".

Im not sure what more I can say, other than take your time with the comments you read and try to think in a bit more of of neutral way.

2 minutes ago, starky said:

Hmmm... I don't think school girls have even been mentioned. I'm not young enough that a 20 year age-gap puts me with school girls. And, if I was, I'd probably still be looking for a twenty something, obviously. Sorry if that disappoints.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Funny thing is, there's literally nothing she could say to counter that. All she could do is try to shame you about the age difference (which is basically a meaningless endeavour).

The 41 kg reference was a dig at the fact my interlocutor resembled a beached whale.

1 hour ago, starky said:

Mate as I keep saying I wish you well but within the parameters your providing you should have come here 30 years ago. I wish you all the best and you will probably jag what you desire but this false premise that there is all these young university aged, and let's be honest here  girls, looking for 20 plus year older falangs to breed with is mental.

Im near 50 and I can think of nothing worse than trying to start a relationship with a 20 year old. I would certainly fxxk one cos there is nothing like the exuberance of youth but it sounds fairly close to grooming to me.

Somehow you seem to think all girls are the same. No. Like not all farangs are the same. Some like this, some like that. And if only 10% of student girls like older guys and you have 10,000 students then that is still 1,000 girls who are what many farangs want.

Women accept large age gaps if there is no alternative fulfilling their expectations. Older farangs who are not living on minimum pensions or low income have still much more market value in Thailand than in their home countries. More important for me is if both sides are emotionally happy. Looking in my neighborhood, many women complain how they are treated and many men hardly show a smile on their face. I think larger age gaps go with higher responsibility of the older part, and just providing money does not suffice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Klonko said:

I think larger age gaps go with higher responsibility of the older part, and just providing money does not suffice

I agree with that.

And the good thing is that lots of guys are happy when they have a young wife/gf. And they are happy to take care of her. If they would have an old wife then likely they wouldn't be happy and wouldn't want to take care of that old woman.

• Like 1

Guest Isaanlife
6 hours ago, JackGats said:

Thailand the land of age-gap relationships? I'd say not any more. Of course my experience is limited to my wealth bracket. I have a working girl who's been my regular for short times for over 2 years now, we get on very well even outside the sheets but she doesn't want to spend more time with me.  I'm convinced this is because I'm too old for her to be comfortable being seen with.

Thailand is no longer a poor country. Even in poor Africa these days girls learn through social media what kind of men they should go for (young & handsome). Gone are the days when all they wanted was a well-heeled fatherly figure.

This being said, if an old fart like me wants to become a short-lived ATM pig for some teenage gold-digger, he can still become one if he plays his cards right.

Thailand is no longer a poor country?

Come on man, have you even read the news the past 2 years, with millions unemployed?

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So in other words, you want a maid who will also give you sex.

Not judging, but that ain't for me.

Never wanted a live in servant, but someone who was my equal who could if needed knock me on the head and tell me to shape up

I wouldn't say I wanted a relationship lasting more than a night when I first came here, my GF grew on me with her ability to make me happy.

I had my share of women in Australia who wanted to be considered as my equal. They weren't, except in the family law system. My former wife tried really hard to reduce me to her level.

Never needed to be knocked on the head, I've always taken responsibility for my decisions.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Isaanlife said:

Thailand is no longer a poor country?

Come on man, have you even read the news the past 2 years, with millions unemployed?

Having an amount of unemployed people doesn't make that Country a poor County , the UK and USA also have millions of people unemployed 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree with that.

And the good thing is that lots of guys are happy when they have a young wife/gf. And they are happy to take care of her. If they would have an old wife then likely they wouldn't be happy and wouldn't want to take care of that old woman.

Dan Savage invokes the campsite rule about diff age relationships -that you should leave them better than you found them.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Dan Savage invokes the campsite rule about diff age relationships -that you should leave them better than you found them.

Fair enough too, and that's the way it will be.

14 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Not a valid point and certainly not logical.

If you did not have a younger partner but rather a partner of your own age then the possibility that she also falls ill and cannot care for you is obvious.

The point is, that in an age difference where the Thai spouse or other is assumed to be much younger, the older partner will eventually need to be taken care of physically is also something to think about.

Would a much younger person be up to changing diapers on their older non-Thai spouse or would they bail. 

Read the title of this thread if you're confused.

1 hour ago, cobra said:

The point is, that in an age difference where the Thai spouse or other is assumed to be much younger, the older partner will eventually need to be taken care of physically is also something to think about.

Would a much younger person be up to changing diapers on their older non-Thai spouse or would they bail. 

My Thai GF is my aged care plan. IMO it will be better than being shunted into a nursing home in Australia, and being fed pig slop to fatten the bottom line.

I did ask her if she would be up to cleaning me when it came to the crunch. She replied "No problem, I can do."

Given what I have seen her do for her father while he was dying a couple of months ago, I am quite confident she will do the same for me.

9 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Having an amount of unemployed people doesn't make that Country a poor County , the UK and USA also have millions of people unemployed 

I think you'll find the social support systems of both countries are a tad better than what the Thai government gives out to the unemployed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1