Cost for arriving in the kingdom

Assuming you're "Test & Go" & not 7 days Quarantine, the hotel will include Airport pick-up, PCR Test, 1 nights accommodation & they give you the Day 5 ATK test, 

I stayed at BS Residence close to the Airport (was heading home to Wongamat) cost me 4,200 THB.  My mate stayed at the Rembrandt on Suk Soi 20 (was heading home to his condo in Bangkok) cost him 5.600 THB.

You could stay in a much more expensive Test & Go hotel but I doubt you'll find anything below 4,000 THB  

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, grego49 said:

I come back  next week,hotel, pcr and transport 3,900 baht, insurance 1,760 baht for 30 days,

Found it all asq.in.th  cheers

If you're only getting the insurance to meet the Thailand Pass requirements then this policy can be had for 650 THB 

https://partner.fwdgi.co.th/en/fwdgi/corona-virus-inbound-insurance?utm_source=tqmbroker

I know a couple of guys (1 arrived Visa Exempt & the other Works here) that have used it with no problems but I don't know anybody who's had to use it to make a claim for Covid.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FangFerang said:

I am hearing wildly different costs.

What costs are you hearing?

When do you plan to arrive?

Today? I'd say 5,000 - 10,000, with the difference attributable to the SHA+ T&G accommodations, and the insurance.

I assume you want airfare, any potential (airline/connection requirement, not a requirement for thailand) tests, vaccinations and visa fees excluded?

I think they'll eventually get to just insurance, and then, maybe once they up the PSC+ fee to 1,000, do away with that separate requirement.

I'm returning to Phuket in a couple of weeks (I've entered several times) and Test & Go costs 4,400 baht. Since I live here, I already have health insurance that includes Covid cover so insurance is not an additional cost for me. The extra costs are:

2,100 - airport PCR (via Phuket's PSAS site)

2,300 - 1 night hotel in Patong (Four Points Sheraton)

The 600 baht taxi from airport to hotel isn't extra since I'd have to get from the airport to Patong. In Phuket, while the taxi has to be SHA+, it does not have to a hotel car. The hotel quoted 1,100. 

I see the fine print on one insurance company website stating that the insurance is valid only until you leave Thailand.  If you leave and come back, it does not start again.  This is a problem for Non-O if you leave and come back multiple times.  Since my retirement extension expires in December, I'm assuming I will need to buy insurance multiple times for long periods.  Is this correct?

4 hours ago, LALes said:

I see the fine print on one insurance company website stating that the insurance is valid only until you leave Thailand.  If you leave and come back, it does not start again.  This is a problem for Non-O if you leave and come back multiple times.  Since my retirement extension expires in December, I'm assuming I will need to buy insurance multiple times for long periods.  Is this correct?

Yes, unless you just take out a regular long term health insurance policy.

PCR test on arrival is switching to ATK next month, so the one day SHA hotel requirements will also go away.

Before that, mostly will depend on level of hotel you choose as your SHA stay, PCR costs are fairly standard.

On 4/8/2022 at 4:22 AM, FangFerang said:

Does anyone know the total cost for arriving in Bangkok with a visa, being tested and then going outward and upward?  I am hearing wildly different costs.

If not in a hurry, wait for a month, they may scratch the one-day hotel quarantine and replace it with an airport Antigen test. Ten it will cost you only the ticket and the insurance for 30-day which also will be reduced to 10K USD from 20K USD.

Edited by Onerak

11 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

PCR test on arrival is switching to ATK next month, so the one day SHA hotel requirements will also go away.

Before that, mostly will depend on level of hotel you choose as your SHA stay, PCR costs are fairly standard.

I am leaving May 2 returning May 6.  

11 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

What are the chances of this? Anything official released? It would be great

18 hours ago, Trvlr55 said:

Speculation, nothing will be decided until after song kran. How will they manage to do 100's of tests at the airport at the same time?

Edited by proton
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, proton said:

Speculation, nothing will be decided until after song kran. How will they manage to do 100's of tests at the airport at the same time?

That is done in other countries already.  It's not rocket science. Just one more 30 minute line in the progression at the airport. Some days the wait for IO is around this long.

On 4/10/2022 at 2:21 PM, proton said:

You really think it will be hundreds milling about able to do the test on their own at the airport?

Is the plan really that the arriving travellers perform the test themselves?