Where to buy replacement keyboard and battery for HP Pavillion Laptop 3 years old?

Troy Tempest

Dear All,

I have an HP Pavillion laptop on which the keyboard has suddenly started behaving badly (some keys work intermittently and some have stopped working altogether). The battery is also Kaput!

This happened suddenly.

It is a decent spec.... i7 Intel processor, 16Gb Ram, 1 Tb SSD, so I am reluctant to get rid, but am finding it impossible to contact HP to order replacement parts.

Any ideas?......If you think it's not worth fixing can anyone suggest a decent replacement...16-32Gb Ram, 1 Tb SSD, i7 or i9 Chip?

I mostly use it for business and streaming TV....Not interested in Gaming, etc.

Many thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Depends where you are, in Bangkok: Fortune Town, MRT station Rama 9 

Thanks Frits!....Unfortunately I am on Samui and there are few reliable repair shops here! The lady I normally use was having trouble finding genuine parts also, but she has Covid now so looking for alternatives. 

I have looked on Lazada, but the parts offered are all from "Overseas" (Normally means China for computer stuff) and they are "compatibles" not genuine HP components!....Wouldn't waste my time and money on them! :jap:

47 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

I mostly use it for business and streaming TV....Not interested in Gaming, etc.

That depends on what 'business' you use it for. Streaming TV, email, Office etc can be done from almost ANY PC these days. Can be done on your phone or tablet.

i7 or i9 are a bit over the top.

And if an HP has gone tits up after only three years, steer clear of them.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Thanks Mike!

No there isn't one here but I will give them a call. :thumbsup:

Tukcom doesn't sell stuff, They are shopping malls that house individual shops, mostly IT, phones etc. Like Central shopping malls

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Tukcom doesn't sell stuff, They are shopping malls that house individual shops, mostly IT, phones etc. Like Central shopping malls

Thanks Peter.....I know that now I have checked them out.....the nearest one to me is in Pattaya!......

Might be a good excuse for a trip.....After Songkran of course! :thumbsup::wink:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Thanks Peter.....I know that now I have checked them out.....the nearest one to me is in Pattaya!......

Might be a good excuse for a trip.....After Songkran of course! :thumbsup::wink:

Just buy a new PC from a reputable company like Invade.

• Like 1

Skip tukcom if your going to travel Bangkok: Fortune Town, MRT station Rama 9 is your best bet . I was looking for an Intel nuc nowhere in Pattaya but fortune Town had it and all the accessories to go with it. Oh I live in Pattaya so yea tukcom is just mostly phones now .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Just buy a new PC from a reputable company like Invade.

Thanks K....Yep!...I already decided to get a new one and when/if I ever get the HP fixed that can be the Emergency GOTO! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Troy Tempest said:

Thanks K....Yep!...I already decided to get a new one and when/if I ever get the HP fixed that can be the Emergency GOTO! :thumbsup:

Not if it's <deleted>! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Havefunme said:

Skip tukcom if your going to travel Bangkok: Fortune Town, MRT station Rama 9 is your best bet . I was looking for an Intel nuc nowhere in Pattaya but fortune Town had it and all the accessories to go with it. Oh I live in Pattaya so yea tukcom is just mostly phones now .

Many thanks for the info! 

Guess I'll have to invent another excuse to visit Patts! :cheesy:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Havefunme said:

I have two NUCs, really good. Now looking at Asus or Beelink Ryzen mini jobbies.

WHY? Cos I can!   LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

What's the part number? e.g. 24F18EA

I don't have that currently Bruno as the laptop is still at the repair shop and they are now in home isolation due to Covid! .....

Decided to buy new anyway as can't wait for repair! 

• Like 1

Similar HP model less than 3 years old, battery went after just over a year HP said no have, bought off lazada, lasted 3 months. Then right click broke, then hard drive has a problem after that the screen starts flickering different colours, gave up and bought a Mac air book. HP are on the Line app, about as useful as their products, but they will give you supplier names, none of which had a battery in stock, on a model 18 months old!

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The main outlet for IT related and media technology related hardware and software in Pattaya.  It has equivalent in most Thai cities- a whole mall dedicated to IT, Media, Multimedia hardware and software  needs. BTW Google is an  on line search engine.

BTW I know  what Google is, but it helps when the thing you are looking for is spelled correctly!....I tried your spelling "Tuc com" and got this: 

1119554956_Tuccom.png.5ab733d1ac773104290a197c1b0d9ca4.png

Thanks again! :jap:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Troy Tempest said:

Thanks Frits!....Unfortunately I am on Samui and there are few reliable repair shops here! The lady I normally use was having trouble finding genuine parts also, but she has Covid now so looking for alternatives. 

I have looked on Lazada, but the parts offered are all from "Overseas" (Normally means China for computer stuff) and they are "compatibles" not genuine HP components!....Wouldn't waste my time and money on them! :jap:

I bought both a keyboard and battery for a 5 year old HP Pavillion on Lazada.  Keyboard is fine though difficult to install.  The battery died after 6 months.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Similar HP model less than 3 years old, battery went after just over a year HP said no have, bought off lazada, lasted 3 months. Then right click broke, then hard drive has a problem after that the screen starts flickering different colours, gave up and bought a Mac air book. HP are on the Line app, about as useful as their products, but they will give you supplier names, none of which had a battery in stock, on a model 18 months old!

Thanks Clive.....I have already pretty much given it up as a "Dead Duck".....If I ever to manage to get it fixed it will join a few others in the wardrobe!.....Emergency Use Only! :cheesy:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, blackshadow said:

because it is spelt tutkom

Actually I did find it and it is spelt like this:  Tukcom | IT & Shopping Mall

Tukcom.png.64ee0ff95768f1f5143245c85ea7f4d3.png

Thanks again to all for your help!

It seems that Laptops are subject to "planned obsolescence" just like many cars and "white goods" were!

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Like 2