Thai Visa Problem,pakistan Citizen

Hello

I am a Pakistani citizen,with just a broken thai marriage.Previously I was on a NON O 1 year visa.I m holding a workpermit and working in my own company( self employed) but not the MD.working as General Manager.I wanna know if i have to leave the country and get a NON B ,or simply my visa can be extended this year at the immigration on my work basis?

Or if i have to leave to get a NON-B, can i get it in neighbouring countries?such as Penang.as I read many stories here regarding there.As far as the rule about some nationalities is concerned (including mine) that I can only apply for a country in which i m the permanent resident,i wanna add that in 2001,I got my NON O from Singapore,although singapore wasen't willing to issue me the tourist visa that time there(insisting me to go back to pakistan).but in NON O case,they didn't argue anything,and just issued me.So what i get that the applying visa condition in a country of permanent residence is might be just for Tourist visa.

Someone have an answer for me?

THANKS A LOT

From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website:

7. Applicants who are nationals of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Sudan, Algeria, Libya, Yemen, Egypt and Palestinian State

Passport holders of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Sudan, Algeria, Libya, Yemen, Egypt and Palestinian States are requested to file for application at the Thai Embassy/Consulate-General where they have their permanent residence.

-- http://www.mfa.go.th/web/12.php#General

thanks geroge.I think this rule's been implemented since long.But my recent NON O visa,I got from singapore in 2001.How could it be possible?or different consulates different rules? or This rule has been implemented after 2001?

thanks geroge.I think this rule's been implemented since long.But my recent NON O visa,I got from singapore in 2001.How could it be possible?or different consulates different rules? or This rule has been implemented after 2001?

After 2001. Immigration don't like to change non-immigrant visa categories, but you do have a valid reason. You might just find a sympathetic officer if you are polite and reasonable.