Auspicious License Plates Fetch Nearly B30m

webfact

Really don't understand why people would pay these prices for license plates.  There's a difference between a plate that is 10 million baht and one that is 1 million baht?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, swerve said:

Really don't understand why people would pay these prices for license plates.  There's a difference between a plate that is 10 million baht and one that is 1 million baht?

Yes there is. The difference is 9 million

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, swerve said:

If one has that kind of money to waste ,then it's only because that person wants to Show off Big Time .

1 hour ago, swerve said:

I like the one i got for free when i bought my car tbh. Just show the stupidity/vanity of the rich who actually gives a <deleted> what your license plate number is?

Here's an idea: I'll just have my own vanity plates made with an auspicious number of my choice. If I'm ever found out by the plod, I'll pay whatever fine that attracts - and have still saved myself millions of baht!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, starky said:

I like the one i got for free when i bought my car tbh. Just show the stupidity/vanity of the rich who actually gives a <deleted> what your license plate number is?

Now the real VIPs are the ones without number plates!

Edited by jacko45k

17 hours ago, actonion said:

In this country all number plates will be the same when they are wrappped around an Electric post

At least 8888 will leave an imprint that is easy to read if it broadsides another car. 

Edited by Damrongsak

It's a bit like a top-brand-name bag. You're showing others how rich you are, but considering good fakes are available, and that the genuine bag is no better than a fake... and that they do not appreciate in value. So really the people who buy really expensive bags are just showing others how stupid (ad wealthy) they are.

It's a bit different for licence plates, but not much.