How long after contact will you know you have covid

kingstonkid

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If you even have symptoms:

"The time from exposure to symptom onset (known as the incubation period) is thought to be two to 14 days. Symptoms typically appeared within five days for early "

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/if-youve-been-exposed-to-the-coronavirus

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For omicron its some 48-72h. 
Impossible to know when get infection. Most of patients dont have a clue how they got it, because they had all protection. 
Hence nobody is tracing it anymore. 
id you already had some asymptomatic omicron you are not likely to get it again from a highly infected person

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty sure I got Omicron about 24-36 hours after contact.  I had two doses of Pfizer but that was 9 months prior to the Covid.  The first two days were the worst.  Heavy cough, upper body ache, hot and cold, extreme fatigue.  5 day ordeal and done.  I stayed at home the whole time.  Tested myself the first day and I was positive.

Edited by LALes

1 hour ago, LALes said:

I'm pretty sure I got Omicron about 24-36 hours after contact.  I had two doses of Pfizer but that was 9 months prior to the Covid.  The first two days were the worst.  Heavy cough, upper body ache, hot and cold, extreme fatigue.  5 day ordeal and done.  I stayed at home the whole time.  Tested myself the first day and I was positive.

Did you have a fever?  From what I am hearing a fever is not symptom of Omicron.  Also, it definitely appears Pfizer's effectiveness diminishes a few months after the second dose.  I got my 3rd Pfizer 15 days ago.  I am going to presume that if I should contract Omicron now I should only have mild symptoms and no fever? It also appears for most healthy and vaccinated people Omicron appears to be a 7 to 10 event.  

When did you stop testing positive?  I have read a positive ATK test will result even a month after recovery?

• Haha 1

I tested negative 11 days after recovery.

I only got tested because I needed to for travel.  After 5 days, I felt fine.

As for fever, I probably had a mild one.  I broke out in sweats a couple of times but nothing serious.  I didn't have a thermometer to take my temperature.

• Haha 1

I spent 2.5 years in Thailand and was all good. Then I went to the UK for a visit and got covid in the first week. To be fair, we went to a ton of exhibitions in London and then saw Hamilton in a packed theatre. Plus, no one wears masks anywhere. 

My wife got a cold within minutes and tested negative for covid. I then got a slightly sore throat and had a slight brain fuzz. I'm 49 and in good shape. No other symptoms at all and I assumed I was fighting a cold like her. I am journalist and was still able to write. Then my parents tested positive. Both parents are 77 and my mum has a mild lung condition. They both got slight sniffles for two days and were then fine. No other symptoms and as of today are both clear.

Going on timelines, my parents got it after 3 days of us being back from London. If I got it at the theatre, then I was three days too. It took my parents 5 days from testing positive to being clear. 

It was kind of scary at first as you don't know how you'll react. Fortunately for us, we got it really mildly. All of us are triple jabbed. A mate of mine here in the UK got it twice. Once at the very start before any jabs and the original strain - and it was awful. He got it again recently after all the jabs and he didn't know he had it (he got tested for work). 

I hope you're ok but I wouldn't worry too much.

• Haha 2

My woman had a cough 6 days back, took the Covid test which was positive., no fever just a cough and feels weak. Me and my son nothing so far. She's 40 (double AZ), me 66 (double Pfizer), son 10 unvaccinated. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:09 PM, thwo said:

And is it possible to still not have symptoms after 2 years ?

10 February 2022

Heart-disease risk soars after COVID — even with a mild case

Massive study shows a long-term, substantial rise in risk of cardiovascular disease, including heart attack and stroke, after a SARS-CoV-2 infection.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00403-0

Even mild Covid is linked to brain damage, scans show
The new British research is the first to reveal striking differences in areas of the brain based on scans taken before and after a coronavirus infection.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/long-covid-even-mild-covid-linked-damage-brain-months-infection-rcna18959

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 11:31 AM, salsajapan said:

oh yes we have been explained that EVERYBODY WILL GET IT ! FOR SURE !!!! hahahahahaahhaa

it seems that many of us can avoid it.. not rocket science !

On 4/9/2022 at 5:35 PM, internationalism said:

For omicron its some 48-72h. 
Impossible to know when get infection. Most of patients dont have a clue how they got it, because they had all protection. 
Hence nobody is tracing it anymore. 
id you already had some asymptomatic omicron you are not likely to get it again from a highly infected person

I know when I was infected, last Monday. Felt mild symptoms Wed night, tired Thu/Fri, sore throat Sat/Sun. Went out yesterday to the beach, felt fine. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, thwo said:

But no evidence that people die because of vaccine, right ?

On the contrary, there is evidence that people die because of the vaccine. But the cases are very rare as can be seen from the mortality statistics.

• Haha 1