Ears popped during flight

hackjam

After so long I think it unlikely it's still the pressure difference from the flight. I find a good yawn with mouth wide open sorts my ears before the plane touches down.

More likely it's earwax or some fluid in the inner ear.  I get this after snorkeling, and use a 'bulb' type ear syringe with warm soapy water to wash out the wax.

If it doesn't clear soon - go see a doctor, as may be an inner ear issue.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

More likely it's earwax or some fluid in the inner ear.  I get this after snorkeling, and use a 'bulb' type ear syringe with warm soapy water to wash out the wax.

Great idea but be careful not to push that ear syringe too far into your ear because it could pierce your eardrum.

An alternative for that soapy water would be to use Saline (which you can buy in big bottles)

• Like 2

I had an inverted eardrum once, and I got problem with balance first, then almost deaf for a few days, started to hear awful metallic sounds, and after two weeks almost recovered. 

Take your time and relax while it heals, if same symptoms. An horrible experience.

• Like 1

I am using pseudoephedrine exactly for this purpose. I take 1 pill 1 hour before any flight. Unfortunately, you need a prescription in Thailand for it. You may have some luck in some shady pharmacy, but it would surprise me.

A friend from Canada visited me this month and I asked him to bring me a full box of Sudafed, as it's so hard to get it here.