Anutin: No indication to end of entertainment ban in Thailand - expects more Covid infections at Songkran

webfact

3 minutes ago, geoffrobbo said:

TAT predicts 8M visitors, Anutin says no entertainment. So why will they come. More likely they will go to Vietnam. TAT needs to talk to Anutin before issuing optimistic predictions. Anutin will soon stop all that

TAT will ALWAYS give optimistic predictions - that's their "raison d'etre"! ("Reason to be" or "objective in life!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

I was in a Thai restaurant recently in Pattaya with  over 1500 in attendance accompanied with live music and a DJ, several other venues close by in full swing with equally huge numbers, this goes on nightly

Don't tell Auntin

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BayArea said:

Vung Tau, the seaside resort an hour from Sai Gon was packed with beachgoers this past  weekend. Looked awesome and fun! No masks, back to normal.

I like Ngha rang,  but in normal times there are too many Russians there.. Now, maybe good time to return... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

The whole restaurant game is purely a face saving exercise.

A major revenue stream for the constabulary (and others) had been closed down and that couldn't be allowed to continue.

You have no doubt heard of creative accounting - welcome to creative licensing!

Yes, lots of the entertainment venues are open in Pattaya but there's always the chance of being had over (owners and customers) by the BiB if they fancy it as they're not legally open.

I'll be giving it a miss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulikens said:

never seems to have a dire effect on the baht tho, strange.  surely if your economy isnt great it weakens the currency. it does in every other country as far as i know.  

Then you need to educate yourself on the many variables (interest rates, foreign currency holdings, etc. )that determine the strength of a currency…and how a strong currency can have a detrimental effect on exports etc.