Late 90 day report-Bangkok

In February I renewed my Non-O retirement permission to stay, having arrived back in January. I had left the country last year being over a month overdue on the 90 day report. I expected that they would pick that up during the renewal and fine me, but no mention was made of it at all. I must have got lucky, or else they didn't care since I'd left the country in-between.

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Like 1

As I reported to this Forum (years ago), I forgot to do my 90-day address report, although I had complied for many years.

I was a few days past the grace period, and I was prepared to pay the fine of 2,000 baht (at Immo/CW).

What I wasn't prepared for was the big red stamp in my passport, which took up nearly a whole page, stating I had failed to report staying beyond 90 days.   

That was spooky, and made me wonder why they had to warn other Immo officers of this mild transgression. 

Mind you , it was NOT overstay of the permit-to-stay date -- which I will never overlook.

Just a slightly delinquent address report. 

I am still wondering why the red stamp in my passport was necessary.

Anyway, I got a new passport and the red stamp disappeared...

...never, hopefully, to appear again.

7 minutes ago, TaoNow said:

As I reported to this Forum (years ago), I forgot to do my 90-day address report, although I had complied for many years.

I was a few days past the grace period, and I was prepared to pay the fine of 2,000 baht (at Immo/CW).

What I wasn't prepared for was the big red stamp in my passport, which took up nearly a whole page, stating I had failed to report staying beyond 90 days.   

That was spooky, and made me wonder why they had to warn other Immo officers of this mild transgression. 

Mind you , it was NOT overstay of the permit-to-stay date -- which I will never overlook.

Just a slightly delinquent address report. 

I am still wondering why the red stamp in my passport was necessary.

Anyway, I got a new passport and the red stamp disappeared...

...never, hopefully, to appear again.

Not sure why you got a big (nearly whole page) red stamp.  The ones I've seen are at most 2 lines long.  It does not seem to have any consequences in any case.

Thanks, skatewash, for replying.   

Even so, even a red, two-line notification in the passport (for missing the 90-day address-report deadline) is too much.

In other words, why are they keeping track?   

Perhaps, if someone has two (or more) infractions, then the fine goes up from 2K to somewhere up to the maximum of 5K.

I guess my point is this:  Immo takes these (redundant) 90-day reports seriously for some reason.

And it's not just about collecting fines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

When you leave Thailand the 90 days report always reset.

Yes I know, but when I left it had been 120 days without a report. in my next dealing with immigration - my Non-O extension - I thought they would fine me at that point, but they didn't even mention it.