Best Songkran EVER (So Far)

HappyExpat57

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

With out wishing to be a damp squid I think businesses will make more money with out the water throwing as people will be more prepared to go out knowing they are not going to get dowsed with water.

Squid can't help being damp, they live in the water. Did you mean 'squib' by any chance?

On 4/12/2022 at 5:56 PM, bbko said:

One good thing was the mrs & I had to drive to Pattaya-BKK up and back last night and all the tolls are free.  A couple hundred baht saved, now I can invest that 300b into some real cash, woo hoo. 555

it has always been free tolls for songkram........

On 4/12/2022 at 4:40 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

Report from AseanNow says 11 April start, so you didn't read everything.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1256536-songkran’s-‘seven-dangerous-days’-begin-with-a-spike-in-road-deaths/

You know i always love.it when.people try to call others out and thenthey wrong.

It clearyl says in your link people start travelling not when it starts so clearly you got your blinkers on.

Songkran is 13, 14 and 15 which is when official holidays are, regardless of what regional areas do.

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

You know i always love.it when.people try to call others out and thenthey wrong.

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

Songkran is 13, 14 and 15 which is when official holidays are, regardless of what regional areas do.

A bit like prostitution is illegal in Thailand.  Officially, it is, the reality on the other hand is very different. 

23 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Songkran 11th to 17th unofficial

Official 13 to 15

Been like that for 20 years

You don't know much.  Ask the Pattaya guys how April 19th went down in 2019,2018,2017,2016,2015, 2014......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

You don't know much.  Ask the Pattaya guys how April 19th went down in 2019,2018,2017,2016,2015, 2014......

I dont go Pattaya. Full of tourists. Ugly and just not appealing.

Songkran is more of a northern thing.

Just because Pattaya does odd things doesnt make it normal. 

• Haha 1

Up here in CM not too bad!!!  They mostly contained it to TP gate area as I did my daily bike ride and of course got soaked in TP area  otherwise not bad!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to have a CHOICE--if u want to party and enjoy SK  fine and also good if you DONT!!

No signs of being bombed coming around a corner or from the rooftops--at least not YET

Happy with day one results....

8 hours ago, whereyougo said:
11 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Quite sad actually, I miss the sexy chicks in their short, shorts and bikinis soaking wet and full of smiles. 

Hope next year is better. ????

Bikinis? 

Ooooh yeah, lots. 

The best viewing were the girls without bra's, wearing T-shirts, once they got wet those little nipples sticking out, when hit with some cold water.

Also its the interaction with the girls. I remember a few years back, I was riding my PCX down soi 7 and got stopped by the mob, the girls sprayed me with water and talcum powered my face and 1 lovely put her little hand down my shorts and gave willy a hello. ????

Nothing better than to be partying with a Drunken bar girl at Songkran. 

Bring it back. ????????????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Well you are reading and posting in a Pattaya centric forum.

I hear it is quiet in the villages of Korat from my Mrs.... her family have got a place to get together and be isolated from non-family (the house that jack(o) built).... seems people are not doing the usual water things there, which is sad. They have been persuaded the Covid situation is still of concern. That said, I have yet to venture into Pattaya to see what is going on there... just takes one drunken goon and you have a motorcycle accident or a bricked phone!

8 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Just as I thought. You are not an expert. Songkran is more of a northern thing?  Truly the first time many of us have ever heard that! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Water throwing makes it fun

The first time you experience Songkran it's entertaining. After that it's just annoying.

It's the drunk drivers that make itsso bad though.

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The best viewing were the girls without bra's, wearing T-shirts, once they got wet those little nipples sticking out, when hit with some cold water.

Let's not forget all the man boobs.

image.png.52b0566651885fd6cfeaab2f28359dfc.png

29 minutes ago, BigStar said:

One o' the lads having a bit o' fun:

image.png.8e492aebe6371c789316d9b60b976b1d.png

What an A$$, unless she's driving 15 kph thru a 'wet zone' ... she does look a bit soaked, but rude none the less, spraying at her head.

Never understood the joy of splashing complete stranger, or even people I know.  Paintballs were cool, but that's a game.  Spray water on someone that is wet ... 

W T F 

Leave that to the < 10 yr olds

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

but rude none the less, spraying at her head.

I would go further and say stupid as can be very dangerous for the rider if he was aiming straight in her face especially as he is so close.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, topt said:
6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

but rude none the less, spraying at her head.

I would go further and say stupid as can be very dangerous for the rider if he was aiming straight in her face especially as he is so close

Yep bloody stupid and dangerous. 

Lots of that sort of stupid stuff by foreigners on Soi Buakhao over the years at Songkran. 

In Pattaya it's the foreigners that destroy the experience.

They think it's funny to attack you with those high pressure water pipes in recent years.

Thank God high pressure guns have been outlawed. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST