Is living in Thailand better health-wise than elsewhere?

webfact

On 4/12/2022 at 2:14 PM, webfact said:

Thais now live 77.7 years on average. 

just goes to show that exercising doesnt do anything for ya, cuz most thais dont do any form of exercise yet still have a good life expectancy.   proves the doctors dont know what they're talking about.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would have caught a lot less STDs if I'd stayed in the UK.

I've never had an STD in Thailand, basically because I always used condoms. There are only two women I have had unprotected sex with here, and that was after getting to know them very well in protected mode.

IIRC, a couple of your mates have died from HIV. Your choice if you want to dice with death.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:27 AM, mania said:

But as garyk also said the  smog is terrible & that photo is obviously one of the Koh's/islands

Ignore my moniker, I haven't lived in Bangkok for 19 years and I haven't been on a plane in about 15.

Yes, you're right, the air quality down in southern Phuket is excellent.  :tongue: 

12 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Ignore my moniker, I haven't lived in Bangkok for 19 years and I haven't been on a plane in about 15.

Yes, you're right, the air quality down in southern Phuket is excellent.  :tongue: 

Wasn't that excellent when there last year, Feb, and AQI in 70s, and noticeable if looking up to or down from higher elevation.  Actually kind of surprised & disappointed.  But ... Beaches were lovely & deserted, and best ever visit over 20 years going.  No complaints here. 

Now back to tourist riddled ... oh well.  Await the next pandemic and may visit again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Wasn't that excellent when there last year, Feb, and AQI in 70s, and noticeable if looking up to or down from higher elevation.  Actually kind of surprised & disappointed.  But ... Beaches were lovely & deserted, and best ever visit over 20 years going.  No complaints here. 

Now back to tourist riddled ... oh well.  Await the next pandemic and may visit again.

Phuket Town can be a bit stinky, but I live not too from the beach - about 700m. I used to walk to the top of Monkey Hill in Phuket Town and look down over the town - I don't recall seeing much of a haze.

The biggest problem here is a d*mn bird called the "Asian koel". It's a cuckoo and wakes me up at about 6:30 as the sun rises. The one I have is very clever - as soon as I go outside with my air pistol he shuts up. He clearly remembers the close calls he's had with me in the past. ???? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Phuket Town can be a bit stinky, but I live not too from the beach - about 700m. I used to walk to the top of Monkey Hill in Phuket Town and look down over the town - I don't recall seeing much of a haze.

The biggest problem here is a d*mn bird called the "Asian koel". It's a cuckoo and wakes me up at about 6:30 as the sun rises. The one I have is very clever - as soon as I go outside with my air pistol he shuts up. He clearly remembers the close calls he's had with me in the past. ???? 

We have at least 2 locally (as in, next door), lovely bird ... ????  I'm an early riser, so doesn't bother me.  But does seem to wake before the sun  most days, and yea, they're a bit noisy.

DSC09633-2.jpg

DSN03112.jpg

DSN02607.jpg

DSN03133.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1