Received a lovely photo of my Toyota in the mail

ramrod711

3 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

I stopped at the highway police station not far from Promenada. According to the officer, 90 km is the speed limit on Every highway in Thailand. That is obviously incorrect, but I went to the government bank and paid the 500 baht because it may really be 90kmh on the section where I was photographed, near Central Festival.

There very clear signs heading north on superhighway, south of middle ring road flyover showing speed limit is 90.  Not seen them heading south, away from the city, but would assume speed limit is the same.  The only speed camera I know is outside the highway police station, under the flyover for hwy 3029 (middle ring road).  Whilst we are talking about cameras, don't pass through the traffic lights at the intersection next to Promenada on orange.  will cost you another 500bt ???? 

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 4:16 PM, ramrod711 said:

I wonder how many others, just like me, were willing to just walk in and pay, as I would have done

I went to get my ticket canceled and I got a parking ticket.

It would been easier just to have paid it.

• Haha 1

<deleted>, think yourself lucky. 500 baht is peanuts.

In Western Australia, you'd be close to having your car confiscated, your license suspended for 12 months, and a $10,000 fine.

Armed with that kind of knowledge, it's almost a pleasure to pay traffic fines here.

On 4/14/2022 at 9:38 AM, digger70 said:

Vehicles with more than 15 seats or weighing over 2,200 kilograms: maximum 90 kilometres per hour

Many top SUV are over 2.2t. So they are only allowed to drive 90?

On 4/14/2022 at 12:02 PM, Eff1n2ret said:

On Highway 7 from Banchang up to Bangkok it's quite common to see fixed 120Kph and lighted 90Kph signs within a few hundred metres of each other. I've often wondered whether the 90Kph lights are just advisory,  or whether anyone's been fined for exceeding that speed. I mostly ignore them.

On all motorways the limit is 120, the 90 signs are advisories only, if you notice they will be when approaching bends, and these crazy humps you get closer to Bangkok, off junctions and joining lanes. 

You will not get fined for doing more than 90 in those sections.

• Thanks 1