Banged up in paradise: how our dream holiday to Thailand ended before it began

webfact

9 hours ago, RandiRona said:

HiI dont know who to blame here...People know where they are going and what is waiting for them. As I said before that tourists are taking a big risk by coming here and it's for them to decide it it's worth taking it.

Anyone who comes on holiday knowing that the country is ruled by soldiers with not the best level of intelligence or education, is off their rocker. Making up rules which is more for controlling people and making money than any virus, is very much in the making of these clowns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Record daily cases in the UK, Germany, and most other countries in Europe...the WHO has said they lifted their Covid-19 restrictions too soon.

Covid cases in the UK are declining .

The record Covid cases in the UK was 275 000 previously  , now its currently 20 000 per day 

1340 deaths per day last year , compared to 300 deaths per day now 

5 hours ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

Reading situations such as this surely will not help Thailand restore their tourism industry.

Yes indeed, with the article being printed in the UK's Times newspaper with National and International coverage, this has done no favors for the incompetent TAT and Thailand!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Covid cases in the UK are declining .

The record Covid cases in the UK was 275 000 previously  , now its currently 20 000 per day 

1340 deaths per day last year , compared to 300 deaths per day now 

Amazing numbers really.. especially when you consider that no one wears a mask, there are no silly temperature checks entering a store, no restrictions on nightlife and drinking and people all mix together. 

The UK must be fiddling the numbers as our own esteemed Thai government and their advisors are telling us that without disease control measures we will all get covid. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bbko said:

If greed was the driving force, wouldn't they just open the flood gates and let anyone (negative or positive) through?

But here in Thailand they are soldiers, along with the greed, there is also the controlling and power over people that is in their genes. Oh! and don't forget, there is also the protesters, who would be in Bangkok in their thousands.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's loosing the country  billions- its not making money

It's making money for themselves, the soldiers, and don't forget the hospitals, insurance companies, and they are the only ones that matter, not the people in the country themselves.

• Like 2

I stuck my neck out earlier this year and said all restrictions would be removed by Easter (right now). However, I'd forgotten about Songkran which threw a spanner in the works. Well, Songkran is the last excuse they could have for excessive prudence. The runway will very soon be clear. Just give it a few more weeks.

8 hours ago, Excel said:

If they bothered to read the news, the thousands of reports on the internet then they would have clearly understood the risks that they may have encountered coming to Thailand under the current governments scams into enticing tourists. Don't start complaining when the facts were there for them to read in the first place.

Such garbage.  There have not been "thousands of reports of government scams enticing tourists".  

You need to read some facts before posting false and misleading information.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Such garbage.  There have not been "thousands of reports of government scams enticing tourists".  

Looks like you do to sunshine posting unfactual garbage like that or perhaps your googling skills are lacking

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Vaccines work. I am living proof, in the most vulnerable age cohort. Got COVID after double vaccination, sore throat and runny nose for three days. My Thai GF, 23 years younger than me, unvaccinated, was much more sick for ten days. Fever and headache I did not have.

When I see posts from people comparing apples and marbles in their quest to discredit COVID vaccines, or outright opposed to vaccination on the basis of beliefs they have garnered on social media to support their confirmation bias, I do wish there was a vaccine against stupidity. Too late for most.

well of course.   everyone knows that .

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Having glued, screwed and nailed down the lid on the coffin of the tourist industry, they are now piling rocks on top of it.

Yet the number of tourists arriving is now increasing.  How come?  

Edited by Liverpool Lou

14 minutes ago, Excel said:
20 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

Looks like you do to sunshine posting unfactual garbage like that or perhaps your googling skills are lacking

No, there have not been "thousands of reports, with evidence", of Thai government scams enticing tourists following Covid restrictions.  That is factual.   Hearsay on forums such as this is not factual.   Perhaps your knowledge of what "thousands" and "factual" mean is lacking.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Did you stay in 9,000bht/night hotels? 

Can't be sure of the prices now, that was a long time ago. However, if you know the hotels you may also know the prices of 1994,5,6,7,8,9 and 2000,01,02,03,04,05?  Coral Beach and Pearl Resort Naiyang Beach, Phuket. In Bangkok it was always the Landmark in Sukumvit.

1 minute ago, Surasak said:

Can't be sure of the prices now, that was a long time ago. However, if you know the hotels you may also know the prices of 1994,5,6,7,8,9 and 2000,01,02,03,04,05?  Coral Beach and Pearl Resort Naiyang Beach, Phuket. In Bangkok it was always the Landmark in Sukumvit.

I've been paying max 500bht a night for hotel rooms in Thailand since 2009.

If anything the 500bht rooms are nicer now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

would you come here right now for a 3 week holiday ?

considering how many people have omicron all over the world and how infectious it is - what are the chances of not catching it while travelling, I will bet the lady in the OP had no idea she had the virus in her body - did she develope "covid" ( the disease) ?, well if no symptoms then she didn't so why was she banged up

To be honest, I don't regret any of my time spent here in Thailand both as a tourist and resident.