Seven Deadly Days: Top RTP commanders happy with the Songkran road stats

webfact

9 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well let's say at 400 baht per offence and there were 336,975 offences that equates to 134 + million baht so as we now 50 % of this goes into the corrupt RTP's back pockets I would suspect he is more than happy, not to mention their Mia Nois who will also benefit no doubt.

How many people do you think actually pay fines ?

21 hours ago, Farmerslife said:

67,000 driving around with no licence is a pretty terrifying statistic.

What's the deterrent? Points on the licence is a non-starter. A ban on driving clearly won't work. A slap on the wrist? A small fine? A now don't do it again, there's a good fella? 

Impound the vehicle and irrespective of whether the driver is the owner or not, charge a very, very hefty fee for its return. 

Up here in NE of Isaan the kids all go to school on motorbikes and never wear a helmet. Too young to get a licence. My partners two daughters among them. Of course the Police just let it go.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 10:06 AM, Pouatchee said:

Another one of your comments that puts foreigners down?

You seem to relish doing this.

He might like doing that but there is a far larger group that loves to put Thais down. So even his few remarks don't balance the against the Thaibashing on the forum. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

He might like doing that but there is a far larger group that loves to put Thais down. So even his few remarks don't balance the against the Thaibashing on the forum. 

So just leave this forum and join a Thai one. There are two that have an endless supply of foreigner bashing, that should make you happy.

Edited by Excel

1 minute ago, Excel said:

So just leave this forum and join a Thai one. There are two that have and endless supply of foreigner bashing, that should make you happy.

No need for that maybe your one of those oldies that does not like diversity. I can perfectly live with the Thaibashers i will just bash some farangs to balance it out.

You probably don't like that as it does not conform to your opinion.  Its a fact that a lot of people on this forum are overly negative of Thai people and that many posters are older expats who have done little themselves in their life and now love to bash Thais so they feel a lil better about their own failures.  (i am talking about those who always bash Thais)

Standard bullying techniques from the weak minded, needing to bring down others to feel better about themselves. I had friends like that in the past. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2022 at 10:08 AM, Gottfrid said:

Fantastic! That´s like only around 40 per day. Happy happy!

I wouldn't say fantastic but it's very good. 

The normal death rate on the roads at other times of years is around 60.

Managing to reduce it during new year is indeed a result. 

Edited by Neeranam

15 hours ago, friendphil said:

I thought Neeranam's comment at least showed balance, and using the word  "seemed" seems to be a self-admission of a lack of precise accuracy.  

I have this troll/stalker on ignore. 

He knows full well I'm British. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The way I see things, we are generally bashed everywhere we go here. Try to tell the police a Thai guy started a fight. Remember the Brit family that got beat up and the mom got kicked in the face in Hua Hin about 6 years ago? Try going to a national park and get in for the same fee a Thai does. Even worst... some bank accounts here get us 0% interest while Thais still get at least something. I think the cards are stacked against us and when this guy comes along here and bashes us, seems to me he should choose another venue. He is entitled to his opinion. Problem is his opinion is seldom balanced.

1 hour ago, Billy Bloggs said:

They are probably report facts

He is not reporting anything. He is using the article to say that foreigners in Hua Hin get drunk and ride motocy without helmets while the only bad thing Thais do is play on their phones and run through red lights. Read up before joining the conversation.

Edited by Pouatchee

3 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

The way I see things, we are generally bashed everywhere we go here. Try to tell the police a Thai guy started a fight. Remember the Brit family that got beat up and the mom got kicked in the face in Hua Hin about 6 years ago? Try going to a national park and get in for the same fee a Thai does. Even worst... some bank accounts here get us 0% interest while Thais still get at least something. I think the cards are stacked against us and when this guy comes along here and bashes us, seems to me he should choose another venue. He is entitled to his opinion. Problem is his opinion is seldom balanced.

You had to take stuff from 6 years back. Does not really support your point that we are being bashed by Thais every time if you have to go back that far for a example.

Anyway I don't really care lot of insecure older pensioners that need to step on others to feel better (talking about the bashers). You seem to have a chip on your shoulder too. The more negative you view things the faster you will think its caused by you being a farang instead of they rip everyone off or you were just being difficult. 

People see problems everywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

You had to take stuff from 6 years back. Does not really support your point that we are being bashed by Thais every time if you have to go back that far for a example.

Anyway I don't really care lot of insecure older pensioners that need to step on others to feel better (talking about the bashers). You seem to have a chip on your shoulder too. The more negative you view things the faster you will think its caused by you being a farang instead of they rip everyone off or you were just being difficult. 

People see problems everywhere.

Been here a long time and I ain't no old pensioner. I don't bash Thais but I usually call it like it is. Try buying property here without a proxy; good luck. And this is not so long ago, it is still current. I love being here despite the quirks that sometimes are stumbling blocks here. You should read some of this guy's comments to see where his allegiances really are. Maybe you wouldn't waste my time and yours in trying to explain our points of views. The day this guy stops bashing Thais and stops lying about his citizenship is the day I will turn a blind eye to him.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Definitely. 

A positive post about the police reducing road deaths and mostly negative replies. 

Better to ignore. 

Total falsities, there is no bank that gives foreigners 0% interest. 

Some banks clrek, however, when seeing what looks to be a gullible fool might keep their interest, knowing they won't complain or even think its correct. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

Been here a long time and I ain't no old pensioner. I don't bash Thais but I usually call it like it is. Try buying property here without a proxy; good luck. And this is not so long ago, it is still current. I love being here despite the quirks that sometimes are stumbling blocks here. You should read some of this guy's comments to see where his allegiances really are. Maybe you wouldn't waste my time and yours in trying to explain our points of views. The day this guy stops bashing Thais and stops lying about his citizenship is the day I will turn a blind eye to him.

Why would i care and there is no such things as allegiances. I dont follow foreigners because I am one. I make up my own mind. Fact remains that Thaibashing is a sport here. If i wrote down things about foreigners in the way people write about Thais id be banned for life.

Sure we can't own property and there are other things that are bad. So be it does not mean you have to constantly bash ordinary Thais. I been here a while too 17 years so far.  I don't feel discriminated against i know im limited in my options but so be it. Besides its not the average Thai that is responsible for this but those in power. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Excel said:

Must be some sick bar stewards these ones to state that they are happy that 237 people lost their lives in the last 7 days on the roads. Perhaps these RTP ghouls should be re-trained as health professionals as they would be possibly have spontaneous orgasms to know that there were  far more deaths from covid in the same period.

The police in my home country, Scotland can't reduce the road deaths during NY. 

What is wrong with this guy being pleased when deaths at NY are less than the year average? 

Bashers galore. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I wouldn't say fantastic but it's very good. 

The normal death rate on the roads at other times of years is around 60.

Managing to reduce it during new year is indeed a result. 

No, it is not! The regular rate is generally a little bit below 70.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, smudger1951 said:

Up here in NE of Isaan the kids all go to school on motorbikes and never wear a helmet. Too young to get a licence. My partners two daughters among them. Of course the Police just let it go.

What you allow, you condone. 

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I see you edited your post from 40 to 70.

Now, I'm not sure what your point is, apart from attempting to bash. 

I would suggest that it was edited in the interest of accuracy  -  approx 70 per day is about right.

https://news.sky.com/story/killer-roads-why-thailand-has-one-of-the-worst-death-rates-from-driving-in-the-world-12051841

51 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

And you keep saying you are Thai. What a sicophant.

IIRC Neeranam is actually a naturalised Thai but was previously a UK citizen with a UK passport.

I am not sure that when you become a Thai whether you have to give up your UK nationality and passport.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

And what is 237÷7=? 

Sorry, the number that is mentioned in this news is for 6 days, not seven. So, I don´t know what you are trying to count? Why are you giving me misleading examples?

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I see you edited your post from 40 to 70.

Now, I'm not sure what your point is, apart from attempting to bash. 

So, is it anything wrong with me editing the wrong information? You should have done that with your 237/7 too.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

So, is it anything wrong with me editing the wrong information? You should have done that with your 237/7 too.

Your original reply makes no sense with the original 40 or the edited 70. 

Please explain your point. You obviously were not just correcting me. 

image.png.7f3298854538b8e8cb20848bc2e9deff.png

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Your original reply makes no sense with the original 40 or the edited 70. 

Please explain your point. You obviously were not just correcting me. 

image.png.7f3298854538b8e8cb20848bc2e9deff.png

It means it around 70 and not around 60. It also means that they should be Happy Happy with only 40. As a side note: 237/7 does not belong and make absolutely no sense. where do you get 7 from?

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

It means it around 70 and not around 60. It also means that they should be Happy Happy with only 40. As a side note: 237/7 does not belong and make absolutely no sense. where do you get 7 from?

I thought you were saying they shouldn't be happy. Thanks for clarification. 

7 days in the title.