Couple return home after Songkran trip to discover 10 million baht robbery from safe

webfact

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

That's why i would never want to invest in gold. If you keep it at home all a burglar needs to do is point a gun at your head and say open the safe. If you keep it at a bank then they are as likely to steal it.

"If you keep it [gold] at a bank then they are as likely to steal it".

What evidence do you have that that fatuous assertion has any basis in fact?

20 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

I'm always impressed how rich some people are in so called 3rd world countries. ????

I'd read about the 'dual economy' in high school but never encountered it until my first trip to Jakarta many moons ago. that was certainly an eye-opener after coming from the relatively egalitarian Australia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Third world country?  This robbery was in Thailand which is not third world.

Thailand not a third world country? in your dreams ????

My dreams have nothing to do with the reality that Thailand is not third world.  

2 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Since when? ????????

According to the below statement it still is (2021 ), but the Thai  apologists amongst us may dispute reality or perhaps it has changed only this year.

"According to the Alfred Sauvy definition, Thailand would be classified as Third World."

On 4/19/2022 at 11:06 AM, Longwood50 said:

They say a fool and their money will soon be separated.  Why in their right mind would keep a small fortune inside their home.  Have they never heard of a safe deposit box, or buying gold bullion from investment companies that store the gold for you. 

Good point. But on the other hand, such items not in your possession are, well, not in your possession.

More than two people cannot keep a secret and two can't unless one of them is dead.

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you own research, Thailand is not considered to be a third world country.

Sorry, I didn't know that you do Research in Facebook only 5555. Even you might Not believe but honestly there are more reliable sources. Never give up learning????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Do you own research, Thailand is not considered to be a third world country.

Sorry, I didn't know that you do Research in Facebook only 5555. Even you might Not believe but honestly there are more reliable sources. Never give up learning

It looks as though you, sadly, know much more about Facebook than I do.   

Can't imagine that anyone (except you, thanks to your admission) does research through Facebook (and possibly the great minds of Asean Now posters).  Thailand is not a third world country no matter how much you want to disparage it. Never give up trying to learn.

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can't imagine that anyone (except you, thanks to your admission) does research through Facebook (and possibly the great minds of Asean Now posters).  Thailand is not a third world country no matter how much you want to disparage it. Never give up trying to learn.

According to the Alfred Sauvy definition, Thailand would be classified as Third World."

You can believe what you want. Even you are free to express any nonsense if you feel Happy.

read Matthew 5.3. It's about you I suppose

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:
14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

According to the Alfred Sauvy definition, Thailand would be classified as Third World."

The Cold War ended a long time ago along with, obviously, that definition.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:52 AM, Excel said:
On 4/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, ezzra said:

Insurance rarely pay for such goods unless they were separately and individually valued and insured and the premium would be hefty too and they were satisfied with the steps take to secure said items...

All my articles are individually listed so that is not unusual and perfectly normal procedure for high value items.  However that is irrelevant to what I am suggesting as a possibility.

I looked at insurance a while back...  wife’s jewellery, my watches.....    

After reading the small print, a number of emails and ultimately a meeting with the broker I came to the conclusion that while at an elevated premium because of the individually listed high-value items the insurance was useless....  Every eventuality I could imagine so that the insurance company.

i..e Condo security / Maids / Persons known to us / other residents. 

Ultimately, unless we could prove it was a perfect stranger who broke into our condo and stole our safe we were not covered. 

So nobody knew the safe was there....... they said. And thieves of course do not know where a safe is likely to be. Reminds me of my ex-wife - she inherited a load of gold Jewellery and decided to 'hide' it in the bottom of her wardrobe - thieves found it of course. And i didn't realise how much she had, the assessor thought value about 12,000 GBP. We didn't get that much back from the insurance. My stuff was hidden behind books and some toys, not found.

Did she learn? 5 years later robbed again, what was left was - in the wardrobe or under the bed........ 

20 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The Cold War ended a long time ago along with, obviously, that definition.

You might have your own Definition. However, it doesn't meet international Standards

I wasn't offering my definition of "third world" but how would you ever know what my definition of it is?     I'm going on generally accepted current descriptions of the term and Thailand does not fit into the category of "third world", a term for which there are no "International Standards".

There can be no dispute about the definition or existence of the "Cold War", it simply does not exist now.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I wasn't offering my definition of "third world" but how would you ever know what my definition of it is?     I'm going on generally accepted current descriptions of the term and Thailand does not fit into the category of "third world", a term for which there are no "International Standards".

There can be no dispute about the definition or existence of the "Cold War", it simply does not exist now.

Are you sure you don't need Help?

• Sad 1