"No chase" say police as woman smashes into ex cop's house after turning back at checkpoint

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that a woman driver died after plowing through a wall at a house in Saensuk district of Chonburi.

Police had set up a checkpoint on Khaolam Road but the female driver turned round and headed down Mitsamphan Road.

She crashed into the home of a retired policeman called Sombun, 65.

He said that the woman's mother had offered to pay for the damage. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Saensuk chief Pol Col Pattana Rorproo told the media over the phone that the woman had failed to stop but there had been no chase. 

She had fled the checkpoint with her lights turned off yesterday evening. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Did the Police ever find out or even bother to find out

why she panicked after seeing the checkpoint, 

regards Worgeordie 

How would they find out why she panicked if she's dead?

Is this just another "The Police must have done something wrong Post" from you ?

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Every day, yet another comical and almost unbelievable incident involving motor vehicles. 

Not so sure I can find it comical when a person dies in the process of doing major damage to someone's property.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

Not so sure I can find it comical when a person dies in the process of doing major damage to someone's property.

Yes you are correct I did not read the article properly.

A better description would have been ironic, seeing as she died after fleeing a Police checkpoint probably for her own benefit. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Every day, yet another comical and almost unbelievable incident involving motor vehicles. 

...i bet it happens in your country too...panic is a world-wide phenomenon.  ????

5 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

Is this just another "The Police must have done something wrong Post" from you ?

The police are always at fault...look whose house she crashed into!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

I share Geordie's abhorrance of RTP.  Every dealing I have had with the Bandits-in-Brown have revealed them to be a  local mafia; lazy; grasping and ineffectual.  Surprised to find a farang speaking up in their defence.

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I share Geordie's abhorrance of RTP.  Every dealing I have had with the Bandits-in-Brown have revealed them to be a  local mafia; lazy; grasping and ineffectual.  Surprised to find a farang speaking up in their defence.

Yes, I just read another thread and now have this idea of them sitting around playing with their phones in the Station, until they get a call that another old or sick foreigner has died and then they rush round to ransack his apartment!

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 10:53 AM, Joe Farang said:

Ah, um,search the car?