What does working with a visa agent look like?

Question: with agents, if they say it will be possible to get a visa... and it turns out you get rejected and don't get the visa, what happens? Do you actually still have to pay? 

3 hours ago, ThLT said:

Question: with agents, if they say it will be possible to get a visa... and it turns out you get rejected and don't get the visa, what happens? Do you actually still have to pay? 

That might be the least of your problems if you end up on overstay. 

On 4/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

This is of course purely theoretical, has never happened, I don't want to scaremonger, just as information:

The extension (money supplied by agent) is based on forged banking documents, if there should ever be a crackdown and they check these documents, people might have their extension revoked and might be prosecuted.

Lol so naive its an official bank document, nothing forged about it. Where do you get that idea from

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/21/2022 at 9:18 AM, jimn said:

Lets cut to the chase here. The main reason people use an agent is to supply the funds. When the British embassy stopped issuing income letters I switched to this as I did not wish to leave 800k in my Thai bank or transfer over 65k each month. Now I give an agent 12.5k. I go to the bank with them, they put 800k on and out of my account and take a print out. Immigration have the authority to override any requurements for the money to be deposited for a length of time. A day later I get an official extension of stay stamped and signed by the same official as if I did it myself. Nothing illegal, all above board and everyone including immigration is happy. Why do you think Big Joke was moved out.

You think bribing an immigration official to break national rules is not illegal?

It was written-

//

It is very important to have an agent that you know you can trust. If you have such a person then you will never get rejected unless you somehow left out some important details in describing your situation to the agent. 

Again, all of this is "business as usual"!

5 hours ago, jimn said:

Lol so naive its an official bank document, nothing forged about it. Where do you get that idea from

It's supposed to be your money in that bank account/statement. I get why many don't want to have their own money sitting in a Thai bank account, and rather have it somewhere else making them more money. But to say that this "technique" of bank statements provided by an agent, of money that doesn't belong to you, is 100% clean, normal and legal, ethical, and so on... is entirely false. C'mon.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

You think bribing an immigration official to break national rules is not illegal?

Who is bribing an immigration official? They all welcome it they even let the agents in the side door. My photo was taken in full view of view of everyone, outside immigration, not underhand, just normal. The main retirement desk welcomes the agent, the high official welcomes it. Its business as usual. Even in the bank its just normal process. Whats your problem. Immigration doesnt appear to have one.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ThLT said:

It's supposed to be your money in that bank account/statement. I get why many don't want to have their own money sitting in a Thai bank account, and rather have it somewhere else making them more money. But to say that this "technique" of bank statements provided by an agent, of money that doesn't belong to you, is 100% clean, normal and legal, ethical, and so on... is entirely false. C'mon.

I said it is an official bank document supplied by the bank. Which it is, its not FAKE

Just now, jimn said:

I said it is an official bank document supplied by the bank. Which it is, its not FAKE

It is an official bank statement, yes. But the money in that bank account doesn't belong to you.

About the "bank statements with 80K, provided by an agent, is perfectly ethical and legal" discussion, it has been discussed a decent amount. It's also outside the topic of the thread. Please start a thread about it if you want to continue discussing this.

Edited by ThLT

2 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Perhaps it's a good time to close this thread?

Why close the thread? Because of an off-topic discussion? Much better to stop the off-topic discussion. 

1 minute ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Official documents that state that the money was seasoned in the bank for the necessary time frame?

Its an official bank document showing 800k in my bank account in a format agreed between the bank and Thai immigration. The official in immigration has the authority to wiave seasoning requirements as is done 100's of times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThLT said:

About the "bank statements with 80K, provided by an agent, is perfectly ethical and legal" discussion, it has been discussed a decent amount. It's also outside the topic of the thread. Please start a thread about it if you want to continue discussing this.

Even better, stop the debate.

A handful of pearl clutchers want to be outraged by something which has no effect on their lives, and causes no harm to anyone.

They are ignoring the info presented to them.

Why waste anymore time on them?

An endless public discussion like this is not needed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

A handful of pearl clutchers want to be outraged by something which has no effect on their lives, and causes no harm to anyone.

They are ignoring the info presented to them.

Why waste anymore time on them?

An endless public discussion like this is not needed.

Yes they really are pathetic. I disagree that its outside the scope of the topic. The OP said its outside but only because he didnt qualify what he meant in the OP

3 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

LOL.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Yes, that's what I was suggesting.

2 minutes ago, jimn said:

The OP said its outside but only because he didnt qualify what he meant in the OP

OP is fairly well described. The topic is "What does working with a visa agent look like?"... not "why I personally think this sketchy thing of bank documents with money that doesn't belong to me is perfectly legal, and you should think like me about this."

• Haha 1