Electric Vehicles in Thailand

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

Thank you. I was going to take a photo on my next visit. They are literally in every single petrol station - I can't imagine why Yellowtail is trying to say they don't exist - what's the point?

That's hilarious. 

Is there anyone that does not know there is a no smoking sign fuel stations? 

When I responded with a "no", it was only because the question was ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Thank you. I was going to take a photo on my next visit. They are literally in every single petrol station - I can't imagine why Yellowtail is trying to say they don't exist - what's the point?

You do have to wonder if some people live here, or have ever visited TH.   How can you miss the annoying placards they put on you car, right in front of you face/driver seat, before waiting for you to tell them 'which grade of petrol & how much'

• Like 1

oh humour ... y'all need a :cheesy: for us folks that are challenged with soring through the trolling or not.  It's so confusing at times.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

oh humour ... y'all need a :cheesy: for us folks that are challenged with soring through the trolling or not.  It's so confusing at times.

For some perhaps.

Did you have to make a special trip for the photo, or did snap it while waiting for a charge? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

For some perhaps.

Did you have to make a special trip for the photo, or did snap it while waiting for a charge? 

Google images, just use correct 'search parameters', same as the old petrol station photo.   No need to use my 'time machine' to go  back to Vietnam War era petrol station at Udon Thani.

Or was that more humour, as can't waste time taking photos of signs at petrol station.  Having too much to fit in before the car is done charging.  3 P breaks, browse vendors & a munch takes long enough already ...

... oops, cars done ... got to go ... :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Well, yes, especially if you are trolling too......😉

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Google images, just use correct 'search parameters', same as the old petrol station photo.   No need to use my 'time machine' to go  back to Vietnam War era petrol station at Udon Thani.

I still seen the occasional old style "pump" when I get a bit off the beaten path, mostly for motorcycles though. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, transam said:

In my case, no, I am an air fryer..............😂

Still using the least efficient things available ...  

... no surprise there from the ICE crowd :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Still using the least efficient things available ...  

... no surprise there from the ICE crowd :coffee1:

I doubt you know what one is, bet you are now scrabbling on Google for info...😂

10 minutes ago, transam said:

I doubt you know what one is, bet you are now scrabbling on Google for info...😂

No need to search if boiling water, if kettle not already heated by induction.  Then microwave, but not gas or electric hob.

Of course if O&A, you could, would put it on your manifold, where I'd just plug in ... :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

No need to search if boiling water, if kettle not already heated by induction.  Then microwave, but not gas or electric hob.

Of course if O&A, you could, would put it on your manifold, where I'd just plug in ... :cheesy:

Yep, you don't know what one is.............😛...................😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Yep, you don't know what one is.............😛...................😂

Air fryer, you mean the mini convection oven.  Own 3, all sizes, (2 minis(4.5 & 12L ?), all labeled air fryer.  Depends what I'm cooking, size wise, but I wouldn't try boiling water in any.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

1.2 million views! SeñorLA is a celebrity 🌟

What's with the Northwest Airline coffee ️ cup?

Meanwhile at the ICE recruitment center.

20230328_172315.jpg

Edited by ExpatOilWorker
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

1.2 million views! SeñorLA is a celebrity 🌟

What's with the Northwest Airline coffee cup?

Meanwhile at the ICE recruiting center.

13 yrs and 1 month of my salaried employment spent there.  Only job of 30+, that lasted more than 1 year.  

The main reason I'm in TH, without the flight bennies, would have never ventured over for peek, and still be in the Americas somewhere.  Though not exactly a bad thing, here or stuck in the Americas.  Either work.

Whoa, that 1 vid is up to 1.1M now ... :cheesy:

That's just sad ... society is lost.

Edited by KhunLA

13 yrs and 1 month of my salaried employment spent there.  Only job of 30+, that lasted more than 1 year.  

Worst LAX-BKK service I ever experienced. 

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Worst LAX-BKK service I ever experienced. 

I always flew 1st Class, so can't comment about the back of the bus.   I did fly United once in the back, and yea, USA air carriers suck.   Even TG was better.

• Haha 2

Just now, KhunLA said:

I always flew 1st Class, so can't comment about the back of the bus.   I did fly United once in the back, and yea, USA air carriers suck.   Even TG was better.

I was always flying business back then, the worst. Cows old enough to be my mother, lights out five minutes after takeoff. 

I aways like Thai, particularly the non-stop. 

Only flew first once, Bangkok-Chicago-Bangkok with my wife for a meeting.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Air fryer, you mean the mini convection oven.  Own 3, all sizes, (2 minis(4.5 & 12L ?), all labeled air fryer.  Depends what I'm cooking, size wise, but I wouldn't try boiling water in any.

Well, no.......🙄.........I said you didn't know..........😂

Philips Airfryer - วิธีการทอดที่ดีต่อสุขภาพที่สุด | Philips

1 minute ago, transam said:

Well, no.......🙄.........I said you didn't know..........😂

Philips Airfryer - วิธีการทอดที่ดีต่อสุขภาพที่สุด | Philips

Yea, I got it.  and 1 looks like that, other small one a bit different.  Then a full size 56L.

Going a bit off topic .. .to say  the least.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Yea, I got it.  and 1 looks like that, other small one a bit different.  Then a full size 56L.

Going a bit off topic .. .to say  the least.

There is no 56L air fryer........😋........🤭

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bandersnatch said:

2025 BYD Shark plug-in hybrid truck coming to Australia this year so if it’s a RHD it might be coming to Thailand as well.

It claims fuel consumption of 7.5 litres per 100km – similar to a four-cylinder diesel – in hybrid mode, and up to 100km of driving range on electric propulsion alone, but more power, and quicker acceleration than a twin-turbo petrol V6 Ford Ranger Raptor.

The Shark is larger than a Ford Ranger or Toyota HiLux – but smaller than a Ford F-150

The Shark is fitted with a relatively small 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine, but it is paired with two electric motors – divided between front and rear axles – for a combined power output of "more than" 316kW.

IMG_4103.webp.96aa0fd37f61961acb4be3884090ac34.webpIMG_4106.webp.a028397bbd885d564dea66de19c5e710.webpIMG_4105.webp.4948b6ddf72e0c08952f2892727e321f.webpIMG_4104.webp.0d14941d974c0478ec1f4d6147b20987.webpIMG_4107.webp.1336402cfd664a3ad067a89a1cad3c07.webp

That looks pretty cool - nice interior too (for a truck). I think a PHEV makes sense for a truck at this point.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1