Electric Vehicles in Thailand

Discount 140,000 discount! Special price NETA V 100% electric car: 409,000 baht (imported CBU China) | LFP battery 40.7 kWh

140,000 baht discount for NETA V model from 549,000 to 409,000 baht, clearance sale of old models, effective from 25 July 2024 onwards.

Comes with the following quality guarantees:

Vehicle quality guarantee: Warranty for 5 years or 150,000 kilometers

Battery warranty for 8 years or 180,000 kilometers

Free NETA AC Wallbox Charger with installation fee

Free 1 year first class car insurance

https://autolifethailand.tv/special-discount-official-price-neta-v-ev-thailand-july2024/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Almost every day new models , price cuts, promotions ecc . 

just see the new Byd dolphin made in Thailand. Bit bigger battery

Edited by marino28

11 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Don't be sad, come over and sit next to me 😏 .

You’re not my enemy.

I find you quite amusing and enjoy your posts. Mostly you’re reasonable though you do sometimes do the dishonorable thing when you see something wrong and ignore it.

You could work on that.

4 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

You’re not my enemy.

I find you quite amusing and enjoy your posts. Mostly you’re reasonable though you do sometimes do the dishonorable thing when you see something wrong and ignore it.

You could work on that.

I have been working on my water storage tanks, but I now I am done and back under the bridge, enjoying the view.

20240711_094706.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Nice tabby 

Funnily enough “Tabby” is her name. Original I know.

My Chihuahua is called Thufir, a gold star if you know who he is named after?

On 6/9/2024 at 2:33 PM, In the jungle said:

The solar system was free?

It seems to be in your calculation.

Other than that though it was a good summary. 

He tried to use the excess solar as an argument but most see through that.  He built his system to have extra solar capacity that is now beieng used by the car. There is a cost to that in that you don't have the extra capacity anymore.   Solar is cheap and bet you could add the extra solar to charge the car for about for around 50k baht.  In his case it would be only a year to recoup.  Lots of variables - day or night charging is probably the biggest factor in regards to solar cost.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Other than that though it was a good summary. 

He tried to use the excess solar as an argument but most see through that.  He built his system to have extra solar capacity that is now beieng used by the car. There is a cost to that in that you don't have the extra capacity anymore.   Solar is cheap and bet you could add the extra solar to charge the car for about for around 50k baht.  In his case it would be only a year to recoup.  Lots of variables - day or night charging is probably the biggest factor in regards to solar cost.

I think it depends on many factors.

In my case, I installed a solar system that generally provides all the power I need on most days when it is not completely sunny. I never factored in an EV.

When it is completely sunny, we throw energy away.

How do you account for me waiting to charge my car on only days where we have excess energy?  A full battery lasts me 3 weeks typically and I don't charge the car until it's sunny.

26 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think it depends on many factors.

In my case, I installed a solar system that generally provides all the power I need on most days when it is not completely sunny. I never factored in an EV.

When it is completely sunny, we throw energy away.

How do you account for me waiting to charge my car on only days where we have excess energy?  A full battery lasts me 3 weeks typically and I don't charge the car until it's sunny.

I don't think your numbers add up.  You spent $5000 on fuel which equate to about 1,200 miles a month for your Triton. That is about weekly charging and not every 3 weeks.  Maybe I got the math wrong 🙂

You installed a system with capacity you wanted for a multitude of reasons.  If you had known you were purchasing an EV then I assume your solar capacity would have been increased.  Your existing capacity seems to be working for you so in that sense you can make the claim that there isn't an extra cost.  Up to you but I don't think it is a real comparison.  

Anyhow - even if you throw in the cheap extra solar to charge your car which in the end game is inconsequential, your EV running cost per month are basically $0 which is impressive.  I'm close to doing the same soon but no hurry since I drive so little(4k/yr).

Edited by atpeace

13 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think you confused me with someone else or maybe even responded to two different people?

I've never had a Triton.

Sorry, I thought that might be the case but was too lazy to go back and check and still can't determine what post I was replying.    

Edited by atpeace
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bandersnatch said:

“He” I assume you mean me as you quoted Jungle on my Solar post.

You see through that? Really?  - do you have solar, clearly not.

Do you know what curtailment is? Clearly not.

People who don’t have solar probably think that solar production is uniform,  if you install 5kW you get 5kW throughout the day  - you don’t.

If your house doesn’t use more than 1kW, you probably think a couple of 500W panels and I’m good to go, why would you install more than that? 

Solar ramps up during the day and the more sunny the day the more it ramps up. You have to install more solar than you need to cover for cloudy days and the fact that most of the solar production is in the middle of the day.

Then we get to curtailment. PEA doesn’t allow me to feed back to the grid so excess power created is lost.

The fact that I can charge 2 EVs and an electric motorbike in the middle of the day means that that power isn’t wasted.

Here is the key point that you just don’t get. Making my solar system smaller originally would have meant more power would need to be purchased from PEA to power the house before I ever bought an EV.

SolarProduction2.jpeg.415d50513148f9431817f9e43421f08b.jpeg

Yes I have solar. Done talking to you because of your anger with people that disagree with your  story that you created in your angry noggin.  The  above is a dream scenario you seem to think is factual.  Lots of what if and in perfect condition scenarios... Calm down and yes I do have solar.  Done talking and take some anxiety pills.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Yes I have solar. Done talking to you because of your anger with people that disagree with your  story that you created in your angry noggin.  The  above is a dream scenario you seem to think is factual.  Lots of what if and in perfect condition scenarios... Calm down and yes I do have solar.  Done talking and take some anxiety pills.

I’m not angry, but you seem to be pretty upset right now. 

I fact check what gets posted - some people don’t like being fact checked as they don’t like loosing face.

53 minutes ago, atpeace said:

don't think your numbers add up.  You spent $5000 on fuel which equate to about 1,200 miles a month for your Triton

I assume this is what you are replying to as you were

41 minutes ago, atpeace said:

too lazy to go back and check and still can't determine what post I was replying

IMG_1789.thumb.jpeg.6af4e7bbbd4b069d41fa5af90bce3d67.jpeg

All my driving is done at highway speed not stuck in traffic on beach road

IMG_1790.jpeg.15caf13dc55bda38f528df364cea1a01.jpeg

Your quoted ฿5,000 for my previous fuel bill actually ฿4,000 see post above would buy at ฿30/L.  133Lx13.6km/L = 1,808km/month or 60km/day 

but you also failed to acknowledge that I had 2 ICE cars and 2 drivers. Also a Honda Click, that was used mostly by family and always brought back empty! As we are 15km from nearest pump it had be refilled from old whiskey bottles of gasohol purchased at a premium at the local shop.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bandersnatch said:

I’m not angry, but you seem to be pretty upset right now. 

I fact check what gets posted - some people don’t like being fact checked as they don’t like loosing face.

I assume this is what you are replying to as you were

IMG_1789.thumb.jpeg.6af4e7bbbd4b069d41fa5af90bce3d67.jpeg

All my driving is done at highway speed not stuck in traffic on beach road

IMG_1790.jpeg.15caf13dc55bda38f528df364cea1a01.jpeg

Your quoted ฿5,000 for my previous fuel bill actually ฿4,000 see post above would buy at ฿30/L.  133Lx13.6km/L = 1,808km/month or 60km/day 

but you also failed to acknowledge that I had 2 ICE cars and 2 drivers. Also a Honda Click, that was used mostly by family and always brought back empty! As we are 15km from nearest pump it had be refilled from old whiskey bottles of gasohol purchased at a premium at the local shop.  

OK, whatever you said above I'm fine with and really don't care in the least.  Peace

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

i don't have solar yet ...

i can not think of one private solar installation (no battery), without having excess produktion during even an average sunny day! 

there's nothing to see through ... having excess electricity on solar is normal and has nothing to do with an ev car!

The excess power goes into the battery bank.  With an EV, less goes into the battery bank.  To get around this you add more storage capacity and solar panels as I did which is the most expensive part of solar.  That is what I did with my setup and it only takes a 1-3 years at todays cost to recoup the investment in the extra storage.  

With the extra panels and storage, you can take advantage of the sun! You don't have to charge your car or design your day around solar.  Sit back and let the panels power the house and save the excess in a large battery pack.

Edited by atpeace
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, atpeace said:

With an EV, less goes into the battery bank.  To get around this you add more storage capacity

With an EV you actually need less not more storage capacity.

Have you seen this video of mine?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

With an EV you actually need less not more storage capacity.

Have you seen this video of mine?

That is a great option.  Didn't know that was possible but the perfect solution to drastically reduce storage needs.  If you are on the grid, you would not have to worry if the car was at the home or not.  For me the car could power my small home overnight and my 2-5 kWh every night would have little impact on the battery.  Does using the car battery to power the house impact the Seal warranty?  Cool vid!

Edited by atpeace
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, atpeace said:

That is a great option.  Didn't know that was possible but the perfect solution to drastically reduce storage needs.  If you are on the grid, you would not have to worry if the car was at the home or not.  For me the car could power my small home overnight and my 2-5 kWh every night would have little impact on the battery.  Does using the car battery to power the house impact the Seal warranty?  Cool vid!

My car’s battery is designed to push a 2 tonne car at over 100km/hr for 160,000km and after that it is warrantied to still have over 70% capacity left. By comparison when I use it for home backup I am drawing only a few hundred watts.

BYD make no reference to V2L in the warranty. They probably think that restricting output power to 3.5kW it will have negligible impact on the car. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

“He” I assume you mean me as you quoted Jungle on my Solar post.

You see through that? Really?  - do you have solar, clearly not.

Do you know what curtailment is? Clearly not.

People who don’t have solar probably think that solar production is uniform,  if you install 5kW you get 5kW throughout the day  - you don’t.

If your house doesn’t use more than 1kW, you probably think a couple of 500W panels and I’m good to go, why would you install more than that? 

Solar ramps up during the day and the more sunny the day the more it ramps up. You have to install more solar than you need to cover for cloudy days and the fact that most of the solar production is in the middle of the day.

Then we get to curtailment. PEA doesn’t allow me to feed back to the grid so excess power created is lost.

The fact that I can charge 2 EVs and an electric motorbike in the middle of the day means that that power isn’t wasted.

Here is the key point that you just don’t get. Making my solar system smaller originally would have meant more power would need to be purchased from PEA to power the house before I ever bought an EV.

SolarProduction2.jpeg.415d50513148f9431817f9e43421f08b.jpeg

WOW! 

You charged the mighty Seal 🦭 at 1,000 W for 2 whole hours, adding a whopping 2 kWh or 12 km of extra range. Impressive...not 😁 😂

How come your household only use 100-400 W throughout the entire day and night? 

Living in the dark sun ages?

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

WOW! 

You charged the mighty Seal 🦭 at 1,000 W for 2 whole hours, adding a whopping 2 kWh or 12 km of extra range. Impressive...not 😁 😂

How come your household only use 100-400 W throughout the entire day and night? 

Living in the dark sun ages?

I think he is stating that you can output 3.5 kWh max which would be more than enough to power my house.  If I remember right, you have a large beach home so might not cut it for your situation.  His video shows that it works but not at a high power output but it seems plausible considering that battery powers the car which uses more power than any home I've been inside of in Thailand.  My biggest issue with solar is storage and using your car as storage could possibly eliminate this concern. 

It would be nice if he did another video with his air conditioners on and only draw from the car battery.

Edited by atpeace
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

I think he is stating that you can output 3.5 kWh max which would be more than enough to power my house.  If I remember right, you have a large beach home so might not cut it for your situation.  His video shows that it works but not at a high power output but it seems plausible considering that battery powers the car which uses more power than any home I've been inside of in Thailand.  My biggest issue with solar is storage and using your car as storage could possibly eliminate this concern. 

The 3.5 kW (not kWh) is V2L, power going from the vehicle to the house, separate issue.

Using the EV as storage only works if you don't work and always stay at home during the day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I once tripped the 50 A breaker at my Bangkok condo. 3 ACs, oven, stove, TV, fridge, lights and maybe the water heater kicked in, using 12,000 W.

This was unusual consumption,  but 3,500 W is is cutting is short for peak load.