Baht drops against dollar to 5-year low, poised to drop further

webfact

4 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Baht comes roaring back today—up almost a full percent on the USD.  Other westerns go down in sympathy .  All hail the mighty Baht…

Baht currently at $1 USD to 34.15 Baht as of 7pm our time here in BKK, sure did not drop to much from yesterday when it was 34.37.  Not much of a change but 22 baht per each 100USD, or 220 per 1k USD or 2,200 Baht for 10k USD.  SO I guess if your sending some heavy weight like 100k USD you lost 22k Baht.  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 5:03 AM, Isaan sailor said:

It never fails.  Whenever I transfer USD to Baht—the Baht falls even more.  Happened again today @ 34.23.  Not really complaining though.

I got on it quickly and transfered several thousand USD to Baht @ 34.28 through my bank, have not seen that in a while, and as usual drops on Fridays...... 34.00 now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Baht comes roaring back today—up almost a full percent on the USD.  Other westerns go down in sympathy .  All hail the mighty Baht…

It's just a dead cat bounce after the rise the dollar has taken over the last few days.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Thanks for your thoughts and information.  Nevertheless, it feels quite disturbing and suspicious when the USD nosedives on a Friday afternoon.

There are frequently moves as we enter the weekend, that often are reversed Monday morning..... I wonder if the spread increases as a way to protect markets. 

On 4/30/2022 at 7:02 AM, jacko45k said:

There are frequently moves as we enter the weekend, that often are reversed Monday morning..... I wonder if the spread increases as a way to protect markets. 

Agreed. Almost always see USD go down slightly on Fridays. My theory is the market doesn't want to be caught out if something "big" happens over the weekend while trading is paused. 

• Like 1

Hello,

14,284.10 THB is now in your account.

That was really fast. Your money arrived in 4 seconds.

Transfer details
Amount:
420 USD
Rate:

Bah, yesterday it was 34.5. Oh well. Not bad for two weeks of online teaching. Los dólares americanos are certainly welcome here in the moo ban.

• Thanks 1