Illegal Migrant Workers Found During Inspection in Ayutthaya Province

snoop1130

33941ed8bed4302b8ed2421733baeab6_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Authorities on Tuesday (26 Apr) discovered 75 illegal migrant workers at worker camps in Ayutthaya province.

Uthai district authorities, together with the provincial volunteer defense corps and a special operations team, conducted an inspection of an industrial estate at Tambon Nong Nam Som on Tuesday morning. During the inspection, officials discovered 86 migrant workers from Cambodia, Myanmar, and Laos, but only 11 of them entered the country legally with work permits.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The illegal workers are being held in custody and will face charges for illegal entry, as well as other offenses. Authorities will also investigate how the workers enter the country and prosecute anyone who is involved in the illegal entry.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-04-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Uthai district authorities, together with the provincial volunteer defense corps and a special operations team, conducted an inspection of an industrial estate at Tambon Nong Nam Som on Tuesday morning. During the inspection, officials discovered 86 migrant workers from Cambodia, Myanmar, and Laos, but only 11 of them entered the country legally with work permits.

Working for who?

Bosses to be prosecuted and sent to jail... thought not

But, but, but DPM prawit, the army and the police all denied the existence of human trafficking barely two days ago, in light of the Al Jazeera documentary.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/101-east/2022/4/21/thailands-fearless-cop

I'm shocked, shocked to hear there's human trafficking in thailand. Now where is my Burmese maid? (apologies to Capt. Renault)

There are a lot of shameful activities that are part of the thai social contract, none more insidious and evil than human trafficking. That is is accepted, and the authorities make money off both the transport of, and utilization of human beings is horrid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

But, but, but DPM prawit, the army and the police all denied the existence of human trafficking barely two days ago, in light of the Al Jazeera documentary.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/101-east/2022/4/21/thailands-fearless-cop

I'm shocked, shocked to hear there's human trafficking in thailand. Now where is my Burmese maid? (apologies to Capt. Renault)

There are a lot of shameful activities that are part of the thai social contract, none more insidious and evil than human trafficking. That is is accepted, and the authorities make money off both the transport of, and utilization of human beings is horrid.

Many thanks for this link to this excellent Aljazeera story which I watched with my wife.  One element of hope is the awakening of the younger generation (alas, via media that I personally despise) to what's going on in the world at large, not only in Thailand but around the world.

Aljazeera really is superior to so many of the Western "news" outlets.