Thailand Pass to stay, PM to oversee situation after end of "Test and Go"

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, issan101 said:

What schizophrenic approach to dealing with this issue. They change things every few hours. What a mess

It's no wonder that Vietnam, Singapore and the Philippines are enjoying a boost in tourism. Thailand has now bit itself in its own <deleted>.

• Like 2

Thailand Pass in progress.   No system crash on day one of rule change.  +1 ????

Edit: just came through.   12 hours from application to approval. 

Edited by Heng

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Good for you, yesterday it crashed so my friends from the Philippines are flying to Vietnam for a week holiday instead of here.....

Yeah, I'm definitely not touting the system.   It's of course going to be skewed towards 'easy' for Thai applicants without the insurance requirement. ????

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

there are currently four steps in the “Thailand Pass” application process, namely checking of vaccination certification, checking of the evidence of advanced hotel bookings, checking of proof of insurance coverage while in Thailand and proof of booking for RT-PCR testing.

Thailand does not deserve International tourists/travelers!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, koele2 said:

Looks like some of that insurance money found it’s way into the hands of some decision makers.  It’s a great scam.  Go from requiring $100,000 to $10,000 coverage while increasing the cost of coverage from 1000 baht to 2000 baht.  And then when a farang has a claim, just don’t pay out.  

There are still some deluded posters who insist there is no insurance scam. Strange.

• Thanks 1

Really no need to check vax, insurance and PP if you got the TP certificate…

yet in typically Thai fashion, they are asking to see those documents in addition to the TP certificate…

absolute duplication like the TM 7 and the Tm 30….one of the other but not both…

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

There are still some deluded posters who insist there is no insurance scam. Strange.

Many countries besides Thailand require some form of insurance especially Schengen for Thai citizens.

Edited by jerrymahoney

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the CCSA may consider further easing of restrictions.

For reference: Breaking News 29/04/2022. THE LAND BORDER between Cambodia and Thailand will be opened for travelers from the 1st May 2022. It should then be possible for those of you who want to do a visa run or leave Thailand to settle elsewhere. Please remember, so simple to enter Cambodia but bureaucratic requirements to re-enter/enter Thailand.

Quotes:-

"The checkpoint in Poipet on the Cambodia-Thailand border will open for travelers from May 1"

"Travelers who are fully vaccinated and carrying a passport or a letter of permission will be allowed to use the border crossing"

"Thai authorities have been requested to open the border as the pandemic has eased"

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501066518/poipet-border-to-open-for-travellers-from-sunday/

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

From the 1st of May there are 3 documents to check. 

- Passport

- Proof of Vaccination 

- Insurance certificate

Under Thailand Pass there are more documents to check. 

- Passport

- Proof of Vaccination 

- Insurance certificate

- The Thailand Pass itself

For anyone who has ever travelled under the Thailand pass knows that having the pass alone is not sufficient, at the check in Airport, at the transit airport and upon arrival ALL documents are fully checked making the Thailand Pass itself utterly superfluous. 

At one point the idea may have made sense, but the system was clumsy and flawed what seemed to be the intention of ‘just being able to flash a QR code’ (like an electronic boarding pass) never materialised...  the Thailand pass just turned out to be an additional step on top of securing the required documents. 

Perhaps the only use it did have was to ensure people had the right documents which would all be checked on arrival anyway...  (time wasting).

And now... There really is no need at all for the Thailand pass, none whatsoever. 

We can easily carry a vaccine and insurance certificate...  Thats all thats needed. 

Yep. And well understood by numerous circles, some 8-10 months ago, that this system was bungled from the start as it continues to be under the many bureaucratic and unreasoned revisions. 

The Thai authorities didn't get it from the outset or midstream and still today they don't have a clue. 

4 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Totally get rid of the thia pass TIT

They will, eventually but probably when they realise that everyone booked holidays elsewhere due to their time wasting restrictions at which point it will be far too late for this year....better luck next year maybe?

People don't like to waste time.

It will cost the country billions and maybe they learn from their mistakes.

• Like 2

Thai Pass might not be like before , but it ain't rocket science . If you go longer then 1 month , there is a lot more paperwork to do then you got to do for Thai Pass. I did it 2 weeks ago , including the hotel reservation ( which i now cancelled since no longer needed , arrival on 11th ) and including buying the insurance and booking the hotel , that was done in +/- 1 hour and then scanning it all and putting it in TP took me another 15 mins or so . I did it on 14th , so Songkran on Thursday , thinking this will take at least a week . Monday i did get my TP ... yes it is a bit more of a hassle then before , but going to US for a 3 day visit from Europe requires also much more .

3 minutes ago, sezze said:

Thai Pass might not be like before , but it ain't rocket science . If you go longer then 1 month , there is a lot more paperwork to do then you got to do for Thai Pass. I did it 2 weeks ago , including the hotel reservation ( which i now cancelled since no longer needed , arrival on 11th ) and including buying the insurance and booking the hotel , that was done in +/- 1 hour and then scanning it all and putting it in TP took me another 15 mins or so . I did it on 14th , so Songkran on Thursday , thinking this will take at least a week . Monday i did get my TP ... yes it is a bit more of a hassle then before , but going to US for a 3 day visit from Europe requires also much more .

Just flew into the US. All I had to do was get tested before the flight.

53 minutes ago, garyk said:

Just flew into the US. All I had to do was get tested before the flight.

You are correct , i did think you still needed a visa for it . But TP isn't hard or a lot of work , if you planning to stay longer then a month , a whole lot more paperwork need to be done for a standard 2 month tourist visa .

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 8:24 AM, jonclark said:

I really didn't think Thailand Pass was a massive hassle when I last used it. Just do it well in advance.  Did I think it was useful ..not really. 

Exactly….people moaning about the Thailand pass never had to do the certificate of entry.  Good god its not hopeless…just whining about nothing. 

• Like 1