Pheu Thai says Prayut more concerned with armament than education

webfact

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is no doubt that Thaksin did some good things for the masses.

But there is also no doubt that he was very corrupt and is a criminal.

Thaksin was already very rich before he started with politics. He could have worked for the people and not for his own pockets and maybe he would still be in charge. But this is not what happened. Thaksin made huge amounts of money for himself. Yes, he gave money to the masses. Why? Because he loved them so much or because he preferred to spend tax payers money to bribe the masses and not his own money?

What many people don't like to see it that there are more choices in Thailand than Thaksin or Prayut. If people would vote for other new honest and competent politicians then they would be governed by other new and hopefully honest and competent politicians. If people vote again and again for the same corrupt incompetent people then there is no chance that things will get any better. 

You do make a very sensible post, but expecting to find honest politicians that will stay honest after they get elected is asking a bit much, then again maybe it is just me having been brought up in the UK.

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What many people don't like to see it that there are more choices in Thailand than Thaksin or Prayut. If people would vote for other new honest and competent politicians then they would be governed by other new and hopefully honest and competent politicians

And what you don't like to see is that these new clean politicians will be banned by the yellow/green network if they don't submit to them  I.e. Future/Move Forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Quick shut them up. bring a charge against 'em for criticising me how Dare they !  said a megalomaniac somewhere.

Be submissive.

Express fealty.

Do not disobey, criticize or question us.

Whatever you do, do not run against us and gain popularity. That is scary stuff for us. We don't care about popularity. We have power. Better to be powerful, than to be popular. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

You do make a very sensible post, but expecting to find honest politicians that will stay honest after they get elected is asking a bit much, then again maybe it is just me having been brought up in the UK.

I get your point and I know it's not easy. But if people have the choice between known corrupt politicians and maybe honest politicians then I think it's a no-brainer to vote for the people who hopefully are honest. Because the alternative are known corrupt politicians. They will definitely not change in an environment like this.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, candide said:

And what you don't like to see is that these new clean politicians will be banned by the yellow/green network if they don't submit to them  I.e. Future/Move Forward.

I don't think the authorities can ban them all, especially if there are no reasons.

If fresh politicians follow all the rules then it won't be so easy to remove them.

My impression from the future forward guy is that he was a reincarnation of Thaksin. Like: I am rich and I don't need more money. Really? We heard that before. And why would a super rich Thai person enter Thai politics? To help the people? Did he have any track record of helping the people? I don't think so.

He had connections to Thaksin. At least for me that is reason enough not to vote for him or support him (that is if I could vote in Thailand).

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Nice attempt to deflect away from military spending and keeping true to your continuing obsession with Thaksin. 

Is it better to spend the money on tablets that kids will actually use or fighter jets, useless blimps, novelty golf ball finders, submarines with no engines, unserviceable harrier jets from Spain, barnacle magnet aircraft carriers, Ukrainian APCs etc?

Answers on a postcard. 

Oh, and while we are at it, has anyone in the military or post-coup Abhisit government ever been brought to justice for those billion Baht purchases of fake GT200 bomb scanners (novelty golf ball finders, sold in the British tabloids for 500thb each)?

You accuse me of deflection and then what do you do? Deflect!

PT could have improved the education system while they were in power, they had 10 years or more time. And what did they do? Nothing!

I never read about any study how those tables should work and improve education. It seems the only reason for buying those things was about "commissions".

So as usual, if PT wants to tell other how to do things better: Look at what you did or didn't do over the years. And if there is no record of doing anything positive then better shut up.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You accuse me of deflection and then what do you do? Deflect!

PT could have improved the education system while they were in power, they had 10 years or more time. And what did they do? Nothing!

I never read about any study how those tables should work and improve education. It seems the only reason for buying those things was about "commissions".

So as usual, if PT wants to tell other how to do things better: Look at what you did or didn't do over the years. And if there is no record of doing anything positive then better shut up.

They did not have 10 years. Thaksin first 5 years, plus à few short episodes of one year  one year and half. These few episodes, such as Yingluck's government were a bit short to change education.

3 minutes ago, candide said:

They did not have 10 years. Thaksin first 5 years, plus à few short episodes of one year  one year and half. These few episodes, such as Yingluck's government were a bit short to change education.

I didn't count the years. Do you remember anything that they tried to improve the education system?

I followed the news all the time and I don't remember anything important happening. But to be fair that is some time ago and I don't remember all the details.

13 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Four planes for salutes...Education will create opposite...Revolution...so easy decision for General.

Btw... what Yingluk did for education when she was PM before pawned by Ocha...

Actually, hasn't been much difference [regardless of government] concerning the base educational infrastructure for decades upon decades. Aspects of encouraging independent and critical thought, as well as the natural tendency to question and challenge is more often than not squelched by the dominating educational systems. Alternative curiosities are institutionally suppressed. 

Tradition - brought to you by the ruling hierarchy. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I get your point and I know it's not easy. But if people have the choice between known corrupt politicians and maybe honest politicians then I think it's a no-brainer to vote for the people who hopefully are honest. Because the alternative are known corrupt politicians. They will definitely not change in an environment like this.

Well yes there are corrupt politicians and honest politicians in true democracies, but here the guy in charge has no political education and no matter who wins an election it just followed by another coup to regain power over the people. again and again.

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Well yes there are corrupt politicians and honest politicians in true democracies, but here the guy in charge has no political education and no matter who wins an election it just followed by another coup to regain power over the people. again and again.  

Sorry, no, I don't think so.

It is one thing to stage a coup and another thing to get away with it.

With the last two coups many people, at least in Bangkok, waited for the coups to happen. It was only a question of when and not if. And when the coups happened and soldiers were on the streets many people gave the soldiers flowers and soft drinks. I was in the middle of it. Lots of people did that and it felt like victory.

And it felt like victory because the bad guys were removed (and everybody hoped for better times).

I think if politicians are popular with the masses, including the tax payers in Bangkok, then coups leaders wouldn't get away with it. Because people would be angry if good politicians would be removed.

IMHO Thailand won't have any coups anymore if they have honest and competent politicians. And if not then all options, including coups, are possibilities. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1