Mall Sidewalks Decorated with Fossils

webfact

screenshot_17628.jpg

BANGKOK (TNA) – The Department of Mineral Resources has confirmed that ammonite fossils were used to decorate sidewalks at a famous shopping arcade, Siam Square.

Pongboon Pongtong, director-general of the department, said his geologists were assigned to verify a Facebook post that ammonite fossils were sidewalk decorations in the area.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The officials found 77 fossils with diameters ranging from 2 to 12 centimeters embedded in sidewalks for a distance of about 400 meters at Siam Square, he said.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-932524

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-04-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

More fossils can be found in certain establishments.

My local boozer attracts loads of them, all well jealous that they got here too late to properly enjoy themselves with the demimondaines. 

Oh well, there's always lawn bowls or golf for those that are still 'active'. ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Only surprising thing for me about this story is that nobody dug them out and flogged them !

They have already been dug-out and flogged !   The question I ask is 'where did they originate ?'   I do not know any locality in Thailand where ammonites like this can be collected in abundance

4 hours ago, NeoDinosaw said:

They have already been dug-out and flogged !   The question I ask is 'where did they originate ?'   I do not know any locality in Thailand where ammonites like this can be collected in abundance

None in the Permian formations - Maesot, Kalasin….?