Pattaya police resolve to fix traffic problems in Soi Buakhao

webfact

49 minutes ago, superal said:

Most of the motor bikes / cars parked outside of shops etc belong to the people working in them and thus give no parking for customers . That is typical throughout Thailand . On the other hand , you get shop owners who think they own the road outside of their shops and put obstacles on the road to stop anyone parking there . Away from Asia ,often  businesses have to show parking facilities in order to get permission to open their business but TIT . 

I hear they were putting out no parking signs at Treetown last night, and the police were round later to remove vehicles. Just a temporary fad I expect.

10 hours ago, superal said:

Most of the motor bikes / cars parked outside of shops etc belong to the people working in them and thus give no parking for customers . That is typical throughout Thailand . On the other hand , you get shop owners who think they own the road outside of their shops and put obstacles on the road to stop anyone parking there . Away from Asia ,often  businesses have to show parking facilities in order to get permission to open their business but TIT . 

@superal    the staff are usually driving their motorbikes a few 100 yards cuz thais wont walk anywhere, thats why there's a lack of car parks cuz the thais wont use them because they always want to park right outside their place of work, god forbid they have to walk a few hundred yards.    soi excite before it got built on recently,   was a massive car park and there was barley any cars or bikes ever in there.   its not exactly a long walk from soi excite to buakhow  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

This includes intoxicated locals and tourists using the street to walk late at night.

the absolute front of people walking home.        cant believe they say its a problem for people to walk, cuz most thais dont walk they think no-one should and want only vehicles to use it.      it beggars belief

Edited by paulikens
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, paulikens said:

another major problem they havent mentioned is the lazy ba****** who park their cars outside 7-11's, bars,etc, etc cuz they're too lazy too park up in a car park or somewhere out the way and walk.   

i see that on Sukhumvit sometimes, it goes to 2 lanes due to road works near bang saray then some doris parks per pickup and goes into 7 Eleven

• Like 1

7 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I agree with this.....Deliveries  cause lots of problems.......Also put a traffic light on Soi Diana......

For all you baht bus haters.....They only stop for a few seconds for a pick up or drop off....

Still too many of them driving empty 

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Walking Street with no pavements to walk yeah makes sense

The point is, you don't need pavements, 'cos you can walk on the road......'cos there aint no traffic. Get it?

Not everything in life can be, or needs to be fixed! Just leave it alone for f$#ks' sake. Us sterile westerners with our rigid mindset love the chaos and the noise and the cute girls, that's the charm for us and a big part of why we come here.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Inala said:

Not everything in life can be, or needs to be fixed! Just leave it alone for f$#ks' sake. Us sterile westerners with our rigid mindset love the chaos and the noise and the cute girls, that's the charm for us and a big part of why we come here.

Wise words

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Ban, all older, over weight , wife beater shirt wearing, cargo short wearing, Chang and Leo beer drinking farang.....And Soi Bukow will be empty....

Good thing I drink Heineken

13 hours ago, paulikens said:

another major problem they havent mentioned is the lazy ba****** who park their cars outside 7-11's, bars,etc, etc cuz they're too lazy too park up in a car park or somewhere out the way and walk.   

I was thinking that only yesterday, went to a nearby distributor, and all the motorbikes were parked below the steps to the entrance, pretty much blocking the way in.... struggled to find a space to squeeze mine in!????

• Like 1

Motorbike parking along Tree town is not the problem:

3 main culprits:

1.  As others said, it's deliver vehicles.  They log jam everyone.  They should be done by mid afternoon...like 2pm.

2.  Cars and Trucks.  They should be banned.  The people don't know how to drive in the area, or don't respect any flow.  Stopping, parking, etc.  Even just making turns they are terrible.  

^^This goes for Taxi's / Bolts' etc too.  

Motorbikes should still be allowed imo.

**3.  Baht buses.   yes, they are a sort of a problem, but also an asset. 

They are a bigger asset than problem though.

They should be the only 4 wheeled vehicle allowed.  Without the other cars and delivery trucks I don't see them being any issue any longer as it's easy to pass them if there isn't 6 cars deep behind them.

***I do NOT think bikes should be banned.  Bikes and busses, traffic flow would be easy and people can still get around quickly up and down the street.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

Motorbike parking along Tree town is not the problem:

3 main culprits:

1.  As others said, it's deliver vehicles.  They log jam everyone.  They should be done by mid afternoon...like 2pm.

2.  Cars and Trucks.  They should be banned.  The people don't know how to drive in the area, or don't respect any flow.  Stopping, parking, etc.  Even just making turns they are terrible.  

^^This goes for Taxi's / Bolts' etc too.  

Motorbikes should still be allowed imo.

**3.  Baht buses.   yes, they are a sort of a problem, but also an asset. 

They are a bigger asset than problem though.

They should be the only 4 wheeled vehicle allowed.  Without the other cars and delivery trucks I don't see them being any issue any longer as it's easy to pass them if there isn't 6 cars deep behind them.

***I do NOT think bikes should be banned.  Bikes and busses, traffic flow would be easy and people can still get around quickly up and down the street.

I only see baht buses being a problem when deliveries or other vehicles are blocking the way.

As for deliveries to 2pm only, how about the blockages prior to 2pm? I'd make it 11am or earlier, i see blockages from around that time

On 4/29/2022 at 2:08 AM, ICQ2 said:

I think it's better to make the traffic in soi buakhao ONE WAY from Pattaya klang to Pattaya Tai since Second road is in he opposite direction.

One way or a walking street. Maybe with electric scooters rentals (18 kph/max). 

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I only see baht buses being a problem when deliveries or other vehicles are blocking the way.

As for deliveries to 2pm only, how about the blockages prior to 2pm? I'd make it 11am or earlier, i see blockages from around that time

the gov should do a study to see when the traffic picks up and becomes a problem.  But even at 1 or 2 boukhow pretty empty...only hold up ever at all  is right at tree town area.  And really, it's not like hours of traffic.  It like slows you down a total of 5 minutes.  

I don't think the goal should be no traffic ever.  

Again, most (unnecessary) problems I see revolve around cars and trucks that are not busses.  

Eliminate them and everything would clear up.  Even if a delivery truck was there, bikes can scoot around them pretty quickly with little interuption of flow.

22 hours ago, Inala said:

I'll try to remember that next time it floods in Central Pattaya, and I see turds floating in the bay.  ????