Doctor for vasectomy in 2022?

AdamsAnt

Hey all,

Does anyone have updated info on recommended doctors for a vasectomy here in Chiang Mai? 

I've been searching and only finding older threads, but perhaps I'm overlooking something.

It's time to snip this bad boy and call it a day.  ????

Thank you

• Haha 1

I believe there is a PDA clinic in Chiang Mai but am not sure of the location. COntact their CM office (have a Thai speaker call):

167 Rachamankha Road, Phra Sing Subdistrict, Mueang District,

Telephone (053)277805-6

E-mail : [email protected]

Otherwise, any urologist can do this

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I believe there is a PDA clinic in Chiang Mai but am not sure of the location. COntact their CM office (have a Thai speaker call):

167 Rachamankha Road, Phra Sing Subdistrict, Mueang District,

Telephone (053)277805-6

E-mail : [email protected]

Otherwise, any urologist can do this

Thanks, Sheryl. 

31 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

Really.  So much for choice.   Had mine done at 40 yrs old (not C&C, or Thailand), as didn't want any surprises in later years.  Never had or wanted kids at time of decision.

It does, however, happen that men who get vasectomies later regret it and seek reversal. Especially  farang men in Thailand, usually because they later married a Thai woman who wanted children. Lots of threads in this forum over the years of men seeking vasectomy reversal. Which is why doctors are reluctant to perform vasectomies on men with no children and/or men who are comparatively young.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

Really.  So much for choice.   Had mine done at 40 yrs old (not C&C, or Thailand), as didn't want any surprises in later years.  Never had or wanted kids at time of decision.

bets decision ever ! yes !

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It does, however, happen that men who get vasectomies later regret it and seek reversal. Especially  farang men in Thailand, usually because they later married a Thai woman who wanted children. Lots of threads in this forum over the years of men seeking vasectomy reversal. Which is why doctors are reluctant to perform vasectomies on men with no children and/or men who are comparatively young.

Wrong ! doctors in private hospitals are NOT RELUCTANT AT ALL ! any private hosp does it without questions !

it's only public that limit the crowd.

And people who regret what they do should buy a brain before doing it, lamers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

Wrong ! doctors in private hospitals are NOT RELUCTANT AT ALL ! any private hosp does it without questions !

it's only public that limit the crowd.

And people who regret what they do should buy a brain before doing it, lamers.

Actually I have had many reports of men being denied the procedure at private hospitals.

The difference is that at public hospitals (and also at PDA) there are blanket policies in place whereas in private hospitals doctors have more discretion. How they choose to use that discretion, is up to them. But many chose to refuse to vasectomize on men who have no children.

I think it is rather unfair to imply that men who later regret vasectomy are "lamers" or lacking in brains. Rather the problem is usually  that they knew what they, personally, wanted (or more accurately, did not want) but failed to envision the eventuality of falling in love with a younger woman who felt very differently.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

When I got one many years ago, it was one of the best days of my life. Nearly painless, very quick, and so reassuring! I highly recommend it. The world does not need more children, much less unplanned ones. I briefly wanted kids when I was around 20, but I got over that urge quickly, thank goodness. 

you are smart ! but I understand that the surgery down there is scary for most...

• Like 1

Sheryl usually has very good recommendations.

Seems more advanced now if possible I would definitely go with the non scalpel approach.  I did not my testicles were swollen and pain for about 5 days just sat in a chair with packs of ice on them.  Then, had to go back and have the stitches removed.  You are also not suppose to have unprotected sex for a few weeks.  Going back and providing the Doctor with a Semen sample to make sure it all worked is fun. Not really.  Nice of him though, my Doctor actually gave me a few magazines to look at to provide the sample.  I guess nowadays you could just find a site on your phone.

Anyway, good luck it has been a long time ago but very glad I had it done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, salsajapan said:

bets decision ever ! yes !

Yes it was, especially being a Yank.  No surprises = no legal or financial issues to worry about.  Imagine you UK & EU people feel the same.  Males have no voice when issues arise concerning legality and finances of child rearing if the female not of like mind.

TBH, main reason for not fathering a child, not 1 women that I dated, lived with, or married was even close to 'mother' material.  None worthy of raising my child.

Edited by Jotnar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

That should not be the doctors choice.  Especially since reversal, or harvesting sperm is quite easy enough.  Men are not exactly the smartest people, when it comes to women talking them into being fathers when in their 50-60-70 or 80s.  that's just stupid if not their choice.

Edited by Jotnar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jotnar said:

That should not be the doctors choice.  Especially since reversal, or harvesting sperm is quite easy enough.  Men are not exactly the smartest people, when it comes to women talking them into being fathers when in their 50-60-70 or 80s.  that's just stupid if not their choice.

Reversal is often not successful. And harvesting sperm also does not always succeed. It is both inaccurate and harmful to imply otherwise as it may mislead people on a serious matter.It is still the case that vasectomy needs to be assumed to mean permanent sterility. A man having the procedure under the impression that it is easily reversed, or easily gotten around through sperm harvesting, is quite mistaken. He should nto seek vasectomy unless he is sure he will never want to have children (or mroe children, as the case may be), full stop.

It is certainly a man's choice what he wants to do, but in cases of elective surgery like this it is also the doctor's choice what they want to perform. Doctors are not slaves of their patients and they are not under any obligation to perform purely elective procedures they do not want to perform. Indeed, a doctor can opt to never perform vasectomies if he so chooses. Or to perform them only on men who meet certain criteria. Or only on men whom the doctor, after careful counseling, is convinced fully understands the irreversible nature of the procedure, is of sound mind, and has carefully thought things through.

This last approach is the more usual one in private health services in the west. (Public health services in the west often do impose requirements for vasectomy).

The problem for Thai doctors is that they are not well trained in such counseling and it is hard to gauge these sort of things across a cultural barrier. So many prefer to fall back on cut and dried requirements rather than attempt to figure out a foreigner's state of mind.

We have had many posts from men having trouble finding a doctor willing to do a vasectomy. Most eventually succeed but it can take a lot of attempts and also entail a high price. Men who are childless will need to confine their search to for profit private hospitals and be prepared to encounter a lot of refusals before they find a doctor who is willing.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Reversal is often not successful.

this is the 21st century, and success rate (maybe not thailand) is excellent on reversals.  Lots of factors will affect the success rate.  Of course, actually getting someone pregnant, depends a lot on the age & health of one's partner.

"Microsurgery techniques have advanced over the past few decades, improving the success rates of this delicate surgery. In the 1970s and 80s, before the development of microsurgery, patency (return of sperm to the semen) rates ranged from 79 to 88 percent. By 2004, new techniques had improved the patency rate to 94 to 97 percent."

Vasectomy Reversal Effectiveness - Are You a Good Candidate?

Edited by Jotnar
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, bkk6060 said:

Sheryl usually has very good recommendations.

Seems more advanced now if possible I would definitely go with the non scalpel approach.  I did not my testicles were swollen and pain for about 5 days just sat in a chair with packs of ice on them.  Then, had to go back and have the stitches removed.  You are also not suppose to have unprotected sex for a few weeks.  Going back and providing the Doctor with a Semen sample to make sure it all worked is fun. Not really.  Nice of him though, my Doctor actually gave me a few magazines to look at to provide the sample.  I guess nowadays you could just find a site on your phone.

Anyway, good luck it has been a long time ago but very glad I had it done.

usually only it seems...

On 5/5/2022 at 11:35 AM, Sheryl said:

Actually I have had many reports of men being denied the procedure at private hospitals.

The difference is that at public hospitals (and also at PDA) there are blanket policies in place whereas in private hospitals doctors have more discretion. How they choose to use that discretion, is up to them. But many chose to refuse to vasectomize on men who have no children.

I think it is rather unfair to imply that men who later regret vasectomy are "lamers" or lacking in brains. Rather the problem is usually  that they knew what they, personally, wanted (or more accurately, did not want) but failed to envision the eventuality of falling in love with a younger woman who felt very differently.

where are the reports please ? you clearly seems to know a lot...

10 hours ago, blackshadow said:

have you ever thought of going to a GOOD hospital to seek the SNIP ?????!!!!!

why ask on here ????

Because I've been here long enough to know that the doctor is what matters, not the hospital. There are a lot of hacks working at "good" hospitals. There are also a lot of fantastic doctors working at government hospitals and private clinics. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, AdamsAnt said:

Because I've been here long enough to know that the doctor is what matters, not the hospital. There are a lot of hacks working at "good" hospitals. There are also a lot of fantastic doctors working at government hospitals and private clinics. 

ok best of luck with the snip!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1