Where to invest now?

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

You need $162 now to buy the same things that $100 dollars could buy you twenty years ago.  So your financial advisor has lost you about 12% of your net worth.

Sorry, I should have said "my net worth" has increased by 50% (roughly) - that takes into account all the money I've spent while living here for 20 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paiman said:
2 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

I leave it all up to my financial adviser. I'm worth 50% more now than when I arrived here nearly 20 years ago. Don't know what to do with it all.

A thai girlfriend would love to take care of you.   

I'm afraid that, at I my age, I wouldn't know what to do with her either. ????

12 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thai cows & buffaloes.

Actually, I suspect there's an opportunity in Beef Futures. Lol

I've just recently noticed beef steaks being offered in a lot more places, and A LOT more beef for sale in the supermarkets. Both domestic and Aussie Import.

I smell a coming trend, and it smells like beefsteak barbeque!

And I say this with all the confidence of a guy who predicted Hillary Clinton would be elected President in 2016, with 55% of the vote! 

(Or, to put it more in investing terms:

My "long" positions........... almost always wind-up being a short-seller's paradise! BEWARE! 555)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Commodities are good right now: rare earths, lithium and uranium to name a few. Gold is traditionally a good 'hedge' against inflation and market volatility, it's going well for me right now. Utilities and staples are also good in inflationary times. I also just bought my first crypto after being very resistant to it over the last decade.

Edited by MadMuhammad
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have made some very good coin in the last 6 months, gold, lithium and miners.

The prior 2-3 years were very mediocre, nevertheless have always made my monthly budget targets.

2017-2018 were pretty similar to the last 6 months, very good.

I nearly had my first 10 bagger with ASX:LKE at it's peak a few weeks ago. Having a real good run with cobalt/nickel right now. Take a look at ASX:JRV. Huge upside even at 100% from my buy-in. ASX:RSG at levels very hard to ignore 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

I nearly had my first 10 bagger with ASX:LKE at it's peak a few weeks ago. Having a real good run with cobalt/nickel right now. Take a look at ASX:JRV. Huge upside even at 100% from my buy-in. ASX:RSG at levels very hard to ignore 

Well done, these have been the ones making me a good coin over the last 6 months, but I'm an in and out trader, I will go in on the downs and get out in the ups, sometimes a little too early on the ups, but better on the fence with money in pocket, than on the ground stuck so to speak and my way works well for me, i.e. I have worked out if I left it in from the start with all the ups and downs, I wouldn't be much better off, so the bites are filling.

ASX: PLS, EVN, S32

Things might change now with the 1st instalment of many interest rates to come, that said, the last two stocks are fully franked dividend payers in case one gets stuck. 

• Thanks 1

I like dividend stocks, and dont really mind should the value fall below what i paid for the share provided the dividend is fully covered. Current ones, and these tend to be a mix of LSE, and Nasdaq would be:

M&G- (spin off from Prudential) Stable and good divi

Persimmon Homes- good divi

ZIM Intergrated- Great Divi and should be strong for the next few quarters.

Legal & General

BP/Shell- always up and down but they have been around a long time and mostly a good dividend

Do like some of the sin ones to like BAT and Imperial Brands, pay good divis, but are always a little bit of a risk.

Would say the average dividend across those is probably close to 7-8% and mostly secure companies.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Nice upswing this morning.

Thank God Thank You GIF - Thank God Thank God - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Troy Tempest said:

I like a "Gamble"!

If you really like a gamble, some of the tech stocks are off as much as 70%... and were previously considered solid companies... 

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

The whole deal is covered by a trust deed, overseen by lawyers

what could ever go wrong there? 

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I will go in on the downs and get out in the ups, sometimes a little too early on the ups,

market timing is a difficult hurdle to jump... the downs can hit bottom and go down further... but if you are doing something right, good for you... 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

market timing is a difficult hurdle to jump... the downs can hit bottom and go down further... but if you are doing something right, good for you... 

I would say I have been lucky the last 6 months, nothing more than that, lucky, and agree the timing is everything, and sitting on the fence every now and again does help, i.e. don't have to always buy in, but when I do, I get out as soon as I get a bite, not aiming for the stars but if I get a bite that is even 5c or 10c can make a very good earn.

The above said, gong in small isn't worth it, has to be 30k-50k on two-three stocks at a time, if you handle the pressure and it is ugly from where I am sitting, but the nest egg is building up.

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good idea!

7ae647660da44f293d72ac3d49703daf.jpg

Amazing looking beauty and the beast.

Funny I did buy 10 cows for the family when I came in 2005 so they would become millionairs in a few years.

To edit the story I lost money but after 2 years I got the money back I paid first when they were sold.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

what could ever go wrong there? 

With a legal agreement in place, signed by the house/landowner/borrower, with an LVR (loan to valuation ratio) of lower than 20%, then plenty of equity in the borrower's property to repay any loans, and then some, so I sleep easy!

Everyone has their own strategy when it comes for investing. I can only tell you what I have done. As for myself, I have made some real good money from my Crypto investments. And I plan on making more good investments from the Crypto category. I also have invested heavy in the Cannabis industry in the USA. As I believe it is another area that will show a good return in the future. Last year and this year, I have invested 50% in Crypto & 50% in Cannabis companies every month. Next year my plan is to invest 50% in Crypto and 50% in Dividend Stocks. Good luck on whatever route you go.. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MadMuhammad said:

Sat straight back on our butts again ????

646B6DF7-AE30-4287-9373-0E657852F1F1.jpeg

I sold PLS a little early yesterday, it was up 5c from when I bought in at $2.73 a day or two earlier, but made enough coin by the end of the day to be happy with it.

S32 is on the down, so will have to wait for that to come back up, its a dividend paying stock so not too fussed, but I do like to get in and out as quick as possible as opposed to being stuck.

PLS has some wild swings, but when it rebounds, if your in, it's happy days.

I went in on PLS again today about 15 minutes after the open, @ $2.62. I later saw when the market closed, that it dropped to $2.58 and closed at $2.70.

After I purchased it I closed off as I didn't want to see if the blood bath was going to continue. I'm in 50k and as I looked at it again after the close, have no option to see what happens on the opening on Monday, I'm up 8c which is really nice, and hope it has some more in it, maybe another 5c-10c.

I like Mondays, so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

US I-Bond is issued between May-October is paying 9.6%. $10K/person is limit. Must hold it for one year to accrue any interest. If cashed before five years, will lose last three months interest. There is no secondary market for I-bond. You can only sell it to the US Government anytime (with restrictions as above). $10K invested for five years will return around $15K. 

Edited by Onerak