New telephone

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes its a copy of the iphone 6 which I have --you just pay an extra 16K to be able to get the upgraded software--what they could download for you. Other minor changes to camera etc.

Actually as far as the case and home button it is the same form factor as the iPhone 8 not 6. However the internals of both the, 2020 and 2022 models are completely different, including cpu etc. regrettably none of the SE models will do the exact location tracking that you want for your AirTag, for that the minimum is an iPhone 11 

Precision Finding is compatible with:

• iPhone 11
  • iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max

you want an 8 year old phone to do the same job as a 3 year old one and have sour grapes when it doesn’t. Incidentally that phone got system upgrades for 7 years finally stopping in September 23, 2021

Thank you all.  The bank app that stopped working was the deposit cheque function of Schwab Bank.  It would no longer allow me to deposite cheques by sending a picture.  

I ended up buying a Samsung A22 5G, for 7,740 and will get a 500 VAT refund too.  I took into account comments that whil 5G may not be very commo now it will gradually spread.  Thank you for the warning that I may only be able to download 3 OS upgrades.