Do You Like a Forum in which Posters Understand: The Importance of Being Earnest. And, also, The Importance of Being Collegial?

My Dear Friends, if I may be so bold as to address you so:

Here, in this forum, we have a historical and still enduring resource which is one that never fails to brighten our days, any time we click on the Farang Pub.

This forum has been provided to us newbies for Fun and Entertainment, mostly, and is a forum built on the shoulders of giants who came before us.

There is really no doubt that some of the comments posted on this forum are original and surprisingly refreshing, and they often provide everyone here with a much needed chuckle, as well as welcome diversion from time to time, when most needed.

Surely, some of you must admit that there are a few talented writers who comment, from time to time, just in order to improve the overall quality of this forum.

I suppose that it might be possible to choose to write comments which are apt to improve the general quality of this forum.  And, likewise, one might make the decision to post comments which are less helpful in the grand scheme of this Farang Pub. 

One thing that I often consider when posting a comment on this forum is that there might be "Little Pitchers Having Big Ears" who might also be reading what is written in this space.

Speaking of being earnest, then satire is wonderfully suitable for this forum.

Maybe we should cloak our satire so deeply that little pitchers have no clue?

Also, as regards being collegial, then this need cannot be denied if our forum is to survive and reach its full potential, and remain a forum providing us with some, or more, modicum of pleasure.

Here is a quote you might find on the internet:

"Children are good and keen listeners to what adults are saying, and sooner or later they will catch on at decoding the metaphors of proverbs whose imagery is less obscure. "

No matter how much we try to obscure what we are saying, still, bright children always uncover hidden meanings, and this means that we should be more careful about what we post, just knowing that Little Pitchers Have Big Ears.

I have no idea who, or what demographic, might be reading the Farang Pub forum, of course.

Best regards,

Your budding young writer, here on this forum,

Globulin

Note:  Always be earnest, always glory in satire, if you must, yet write in a way which is representative of writing that your family members would admire. Just a suggestion, of course.

What doesn't inspire collegiality is excusing war crimes in the forum with "look over there" and "it's both sides". Sometimes in life there are truths and there are lies the difference needs to be called out.

25 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

so does the pseudo English quite frankly. What does this actually mean?

Oh Dear?

There is a more bawdy version to this that I will not link here, for sure...thank you.

19 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

If you cannot say it in 20 words or less it's not worth reading.

In many instances, it might be be best to remain silent. 

This, in one of numerous threads that are proof of such hypothesis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

In many instances, it might be be best to remain silent. 

This, in one of numerous threads that are proof of such hypothesis. 

OK, my friend.

However, how many here, do you suppose, know the difference between Big G and Little G, physically speaking, of course.

I agree with you:  Silence is Golden.

Still, few of us are capable of holding our tongue when we would most benefit from doing so.

Enjoy, my friend:

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Not for me, in my case.

I prefer to play the court jester, as you know, providing much-needed truth and insight to this forum.

Take care.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jerno said:

Few here want to read an essay. Say your peace or piece, get to the point and move on.  Diatribes are simply tedious and boring.

"She refused to be bored chiefly because she wasn't boring."  So said Zelda Fitzgerald...

28243.jpg.760ecf7760bb4ce58e9e556e796f01e6.jpg

The love of my life.

On 5/5/2022 at 6:44 AM, Jerno said:

Few here want to read an essay. Say your peace or piece, get to the point and move on.  Diatribes are simply tedious and boring.

The few are fortunate that some posters refuse to be bullied by illiterates, simpletons and dullards lacking concentration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Anyone want to provide cliff notes of the OP dribble ?

Mine would be more "jumping off a Cliff's Notes". He must be paid to write this desperate, embarrassing, childish rubbish. I usually ignore, but accidentally opened this.

19 minutes ago, sharecropper said:

Mine would be more "jumping off a Cliff's Notes". He must be paid to write this desperate, embarrassing, childish rubbish. I usually ignore, but accidentally opened this.

I think the posts are click bait.

I suspect it is one of the moderators posting under an alter ego.

Really wish the threads would not show in my feed.

wonder if I block the person will that remove them from my feed... suspect it wont.

46 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Anyone want to provide cliff notes of the OP dribble ?

It's just a vain attempt at establishing some kind of air of superiority by the use of supposedly eloquent words. Unfortunately, the result is excessive and meaningless (literally) verbiage.

14 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I think the posts are click bait.

I suspect it is one of the moderators posting under an alter ego.

Really wish the threads would not show in my feed.

wonder if I block the person will that remove them from my feed... suspect it wont.

I have never blocked anyone on here, but that's a great idea and I will now try it with this prolix piffler.