Entry at BKK

I have heard reports of people having problems with bkk imigration due to to many visits to thailand, here is my recent travel history

December 2020 flew in on 90 day non o visa and got 60 day extension but only stayed 2 weeks of it

October 2021 flew in visa exempt stayed 29 days, was question by immigration at bkk as to why i was visiting thailand, I told them i was on holiday from work and visiting my thai son as soon as i showed them my return ticket was stamped and waived through 

I plan on returning to thailand next month for a 3 week stay using visa exempt

Does anyone think i will have issues with bkk immigration doing this? I will have a return ticket, if i could i would get a non o visa but due to my current work location i dont have access to a thai conulate

you can enter thailand on visa exempt as often as you need.

Always return/exit ticket.

If you do have a son, do have a copy of his birth certificate with you.  

If your expired non-O was for child, you can point it to officer - you are still a parent

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, wasabi said:

I had this problem in the past, too many visits in the eyes of immigration. Getting a Thailand Elite visa solved it. Not the right choice for everyone but it was the best option for me.

How often were you entering?

51 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Based on your recent history of visits to Thailand, you will have no problem entering visa exempt, even in Bangkok.

Agree, as above.

At most you will need to show them your return ticket booking.

I suspect the reason for the questioning when you entered visa exempt last October was that they noted your previous non-O entry and so thought maybe you were coming to live here permanently.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, wasabi said:

I had this problem in the past, too many visits in the eyes of immigration. Getting a Thailand Elite visa solved it. Not the right choice for everyone but it was the best option for me.

Same here. It's not cheap and I might not even take full advantage of it but as someone who has spent more time here the past 10 years than anywhere else, it's nice knowing that I can come and go as many times as I want without having to worry about any hassle. 

Years ago working on a 28/28 on-off rotation my PP pages were getting cluttered with visa exempt stamps. Finally an IO said "you need a Non O".  Shortly after I got one, if arriving often get a visa.....

On 5/4/2022 at 3:23 PM, Dp1231 said:

...Does anyone think i will have issues with bkk immigration doing this...

I see no reason why Thai immigration should give you a problem with this.

• Thanks 1