Renew license 1 day after expiration to get 6 full years ? But license still valid 1 year after expiration, so it's 6 full years anyway ?

You have one year to renew an expired licence without taking the whole driving test again, you do not get an extra year to carry on driving after expiration.

You will get near 6 years on renewal if done after your birthdate, as they use birthdates on licences..

Edited by transam
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ToyotaVigoThailand said:

Renew license 1 day after expiration to get 6 full years ?

No, you have to renew after your birthday to get the additional time, the licence is valid for 5 years from your next birthday.

Last year when I went to renew they refused my yellow book and said I had to go to immigration. I was due to go to immigration anyway in a couple of weeks so just stopped driving after my birthday for a week or so. As said the licence is no longer valid once expired. I did however get an extra 50 weeks or so on the validity of the new licence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What are people replying here ?! you really know nothing ?!

OF COURSE THE OP IS CORRECT !

you can renew your license the day after expiration date or 364 days later, the result is the same, your license is valid 6 years !

if you renew right after your birthday you get 5 years + the year to your BD = 6 years

if you renew 364 days after expiration date, you gate only 5 years, but you already got 1 year when your license was expired but still valid.

Why is it so complicated for you to understand something so easy ? ah yes, I have an idea why...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

No, you have to renew after your birthday to get the additional time, the licence is valid for 5 years from your next birthday.

Expiration date is birthday so renewing 1 day after expiration is same same as renewing 1 day after birthday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

people never know when it's time to stop talking especially to post what is already perfectly clear after I explained it, but that you failed to even understand ?!

Yes indeed, some are to dumb to understand what they are posting and trying to correct on others post.

Guilty you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, salsajapan said:

people never know when it's time to stop talking especially to post what is already perfectly clear after I explained it, but that you failed to even understand ?!

jai yen yen bro ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, salsajapan said:

yes it's nice that you finally understand how much you know nothing ❤️

I think trolling is a little childish, now I think you have made your point, so may I suggest you get back to your Beano.....????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Expiration date is birthday so renewing 1 day after expiration is same same as renewing 1 day after birthday.

Only if it falls that way. If you renew a month after your birthday, you will not get 6 years.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2022 at 10:39 AM, salsajapan said:

What are people replying here ?! you really know nothing ?!

OF COURSE THE OP IS CORRECT !

you can renew your license the day after expiration date or 364 days later, the result is the same, your license is valid 6 years !

if you renew right after your birthday you get 5 years + the year to your BD = 6 years

if you renew 364 days after expiration date, you gate only 5 years, but you already got 1 year when your license was expired but still valid.

Why is it so complicated for you to understand something so easy ? ah yes, I have an idea why...

What if it expires in a leap-year? 

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

What if it expires in a leap-year? 

That shouldn't make any difference because your license still expires on your birthday. Unless you were borne on the 29th February! Then what? ????

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

That shouldn't make any difference because your license still expires on your birthday. Unless you were borne on the 29th February! Then what? ????

If it expired in a leap year you would have an extra day to renew, assuming you were born after February...

• 4 weeks later...