Bells Bus Service Airport to Pattaya

bmanly

Will be arriving end of May. Is the Bells Bus service still operating from the airport to Pattaya? I went on their website and picked from airport but the drop down list did not include to Pattaya, so that is why I ask.

What is the other option that drops you on the 2nd road Jomtien? Are they running? I have time and get in at 17:00 Hrs, I prefer the bus over taxis.

It's been 3 years so I'm a bit out of touch as to what's actually running. Thanks.

I know the bus is dropping people off at the usual Jomtien stop as I saw a bus full of falangs getting off with all their luggage.  As far as the website, it says "Buy ticket at our counter service
on level 1".

Also you might be getting the names mixed up, there's the Roong Reuang Bus service and then there's the Bell Travel service (van).

https://airportpattayabus.com/

https://belltravelservice.com/shared-transfer/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, champers said:

Bell's office at Pattaya Nua (North) bus station has been closed for months. No busses too.

Was at Pattaya Nua a couple of weeks ago & the office was still closed. 

GF ended up getting the train to Ekkamai then the bus from there back to Pattaya Nua, why she didn't just get a Bolt taxi is beyond me but the OP mentioned he would rather use the bus so that's one option.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bmanly said:

What is the other option that drops you on the 2nd road Jomtien? Are they running? I have time and get in at 17:00 Hrs, I prefer the bus over taxis.

They are running.

Yesterday studied the schedule >from Jomtien<

7:30, 9:00, ... 19:00 or so.

About every hour during the day.

Can't tell from Suv.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Was at Pattaya Nua a couple of weeks ago & the office was still closed. 

GF ended up getting the train to Ekkamai then the bus from there back to Pattaya Nua, why she didn't just get a Bolt taxi is beyond me but the OP mentioned he would rather use the bus so that's one option.

If I miss a bus and there is a long wait for the next one then I might have to use a taxi. Never heard of "Bolt Taxi". Are they safe (driving wise) and how do I get one and how much would it cost me from Airport to Pattaya?

4 minutes ago, bmanly said:

I have been going to Thailand for 32 years. After a couple very dangerous taxi rides where the driver was falling asleep at the wheel and driving across lanes whilst nodding off I decided that the bus is much safer. Never had a bad ride on the bus. It isn't about the baht saved, it is about safety, that's all.

i got fed up with the petrol station stop, debate about whether tolls were included and tantrum about the tip, plus as you say the bus is far safer and Bell is door to door anyway plus much cheaper

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bmanly said:

If I miss a bus and there is a long wait for the next one then I might have to use a taxi. Never heard of "Bolt Taxi". Are they safe (driving wise) and how do I get one and how much would it cost me from Airport to Pattaya?

Download the Bolt mobile App onto your Phone...

AppleStore: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/bolt-fast-affordable-rides/id675033630 

Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ee.mtakso.client&hl=en_AU&gl=US

It's really easy to use, last time I took 1 from the Airport (actually BS Residence Airport hotel that I was using for my Test & Go) to Wongamat Beach, it was 1,200 for the Taxi + another 70 THB or so if you wanted him to take the expressway which is about the same as other offerings (Limo Pattaya, Nam Taxi etc...) but with Bolt you're usually picked up in minutes so it's great for last minute bookings.

A taxi from the Rank will probably cost around 1,500  

• Like 1

I've used the Jomtien - BKK Airport bus a few times over the last couple months. Less frequent than before Covid but same price.

I would suggest the OP take the bus and then a Bolt from the bus station to his accommodation.

I'm not a fan of long distance taxi rides in Thailand - I prefer to either drive myself or use the bus.

Back in February we took a Bolt from near Siam Square in Bangkok to Jomtien.  Price was 1400฿ and the driver was OK. The car was a bit shabby though (a Vios with starship mileage).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Bell? The regular buses run from the airport to Pattaya  and Jomtien.

Thanks for all the help guys. So it seems as though the Bell Service is not running yet. It was a very popular bus service doing door to door with luggage for 300 baht o/w. It's understandable that they stopped the service during the pandemic. But the Roong Reuang service to Jomtien is running but I can not book it online at the moment as it only goes as far as 19th. May. It seems a good idea to book and if it stuffs up it's not a big deal as the fare is only 130 baht.

As I am getting in at 17:00 Hrs, Thai pass, immigration and luggage might take an hour or so to get through which kind of lines up well with the 19:00 bus to Jomtien. I will try for this one.

But disruptions do occur and if that happens I might use that Bolt Taxi service. If someone knows of the Bell Service starting up again could you please update the thread? Thanks guys.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i got fed up with the petrol station stop, debate about whether tolls were included and tantrum about the tip, plus as you say the bus is far safer and Bell is door to door anyway plus much cheaper

That's why you negotiate prior to getting in. 

8 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I'm not a fan of long distance taxi rides in Thailand - I prefer to either drive myself or use the bus.

Last night I asked the GF why she didn't just book a Bolt Taxi from the airport (She's booked them for local trips many times) when she found out that the Bell Bus was no longer running & she said the same thing about not liking long distance taxi rides especially when she's in the car on her own so I've booked her Nam's taxi for her trip to BKK Airport next week & she feels a lot safer knowing it's going to be a relatively new car with a Lady Driver -  1,000 THB (including tolls).going, 1,300 coming back. 

If all goes well then I'll use them when I fly out to visit her the week after but for anybody visiting/living in Pattaya/Bangkok, the Bolt app is a must have... So cheap & easy to get around using it.

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Always amazed at foreigners looking to save a baht, I always have a driver lined up, much nicer after a long flight.

i know the richest man in Bangkok and he only uses buses. I have used both but  when Mr T. Driver is not there it is a little nerve racking.Most cases I am arriving late at night so I started to book a hotel near the airport with pick ups and drop off and next morning I get the bus to Pattaya.

• Like 2

To the OP, I get what you are saying about safety, I've used the bus a number of times (pre-covid) and concur that it is comfortable, safe, very relaxing if you have time to burn. In recent times though I use https://mikepattayataxi.com/ - 1000 baht for a Camry including tolls (the other half just used this yesterday when she came back from the village) door to door, not sure if he has people waiting around for pickups at the airport as I always pre-book.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

That's why you negotiate prior to getting in. 

I'm talking about prearranged taxi rides, some drivers stop for fuel or ask for toll money then expect a tip. Bus much cheaper, no hassle and safer.

Depends on my luggage when i carried golf clubs I'd use a taxi

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The advantage of Bell is it's door to door including when going to the airport

Unfortunately the door to door service is no longer available.  The airport to Jomtien bus did drop me off a few weeks ago on Sukhumvit at the top of Pattaya Klang but you have to make sure you tell the driver pre-departure so he loads luggage appropriately.

14 hours ago, bmanly said:

But the Roong Reuang service to Jomtien is running but I can not book it online at the moment as it only goes as far as 19th. May. It seems a good idea to book and if it stuffs up it's not a big deal as the fare is only 130 baht.

Roong Reuang appear to have taken over the Bell booking engine and left the rest of the Bell website intact even though the Bell service is no more.  There is also now a booking fee on top of the price you see initially.  25 baht for airport to Jomtien bus.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, treetops said:

Unfortunately the door to door service is no longer available.  The airport to Jomtien bus did drop me off a few weeks ago on Sukhumvit at the top of Pattaya Klang but you have to make sure you tell the driver pre-departure so he loads luggage appropriately.

Roong Reuang appear to have taken over the Bell booking engine and left the rest of the Bell website intact even though the Bell service is no more.  There is also now a booking fee on top of the price you see initially.  25 baht for airport to Jomtien bus.

Sounds like Bell is dead,  a real shame, a successful business killed by covid, maybe someday somehow it will make a comeback

• Like 2

11 hours ago, treetops said:

They dropped a pal of mine off at the Hwy 7 junction, I presumed it was so they could still get into the underpass.

20 hours ago, bbko said:

And it always amazes me some people think everyone should follow what they do.  

Why subject yourself to unnecessary hardship when several good taxi services are available is my point. But, you're right there's always some people who like things done the hard way.