Entry for unvaccinated

On the Thailand pass it says:

Attach required documents including passport, and COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before traveling (must attach on Thailand Pass only)

Can you attach this later or have to do it when you apply? If need to submit when applying then can only apply less than 72 hours before departure? Also have to think of the time it takes to get the results of the test so possibly about 48 hours before departure.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to show the RT-PCR test results to the airline and on entry to the country. It does not have to be submitted with thee Thailand Pass application.

Are you sure about that? It looks like you must attach the result to the Thailand Pass application if you are unvaccinated and want to avoid the quarantine. This is from tp.consular.go.th website:

Unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travelers who wish to be exempted from quarantine must attach a negative RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before travel in Thailand Pass

These are the new changes from May 1st.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Alldar said:

Attached means you clip it to the Thailand Pass after it is issued.

It does not mean you submit it with you application for the Thailand Pass.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Ok, here it is worded more clearly then:

4.1 Eligible persons are (1) fully vaccinated persons and (2) unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated persons who have attached their RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before travel onto Thailand Pass during registration.

I think it is clear that it must be attach to the Thailand Pass application. There must be either vaccination certificate or RT-PCR test results attached. Otherwise the field would have to be left blank which is not possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to show the RT-PCR test results to the airline and on entry to the country. It does not have to be submitted with thee Thailand Pass application.

No, you have 2 choices as unvaccinated. (1) include PCR negative result within 72 hrs of flight with Thai Pass application and have no quarantine or (2) book and pay for 5 days quarantine and attach to Thai Pass application

13 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

(1) include PCR negative result within 72 hrs of flight with Thai Pass application and have no quarantine

The 72 hr timeframe: take the test within 72 hrs or get issued the result within 72hr.  Must be the former which seems a bit of stress attaching it w the Thai pass on time?

3 hours ago, Harveyg said:

The 72 hr timeframe: take the test within 72 hrs or get issued the result within 72hr.  Must be the former which seems a bit of stress attaching it w the Thai pass on time?

Its always been the time of the result

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You are rarely wrong UJ but here you are. Unnvaccinated need the PCR result and proof of quarantine to get issued the Thailand pass

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I cannot see how you could get a PCR test result done within 72 hours of departure and be able to get Thailand Pass unless they let you start the application and the add the test for for final approval.

Yeah not much time for delays or errors , seems it needs to be added while applying for the pass no sooner than 72 hours before departure. Would be easier & much less stressful your way though . 

20 hours ago, Alldar said:

Are you sure about that? It looks like you must attach the result to the Thailand Pass application if you are unvaccinated and want to avoid the quarantine. This is from tp.consular.go.th website:

I'm sure about it. I flew Sydney to SIngapore then 45m transit then S'pore to Bkk.

To board the flight in Sydney and to enter S'pore (for transit) had to have a full PCR international negative report no older than 2 days at a'port check-in time. 

Therefore, obviously, this report would be far too late to include in the Thailand Pass application.

It was a key document at a'port check-n, at transit and on arrival in Bkk. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jackie66 said:

As it is worded i would think need to attach it with the application.

Yeah your right , but they say "* From 29 April 2022, Thailand Pass consideration will take no more than 48 hours (2 days) *

12 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I'm sure about it. I flew Sydney to SIngapore then 45m transit then S'pore to Bkk.

To board the flight in Sydney and to enter S'pore (for transit) had to have a full PCR international negative report no older than 2 days at a'port check-in time. 

Therefore, obviously, this report would be far too late to include in the Thailand Pass application.

How is this relavant to the topic? Did you fly after 1st of May? Are you unvaccinated? How did you submit Thailand Pass application without vaccination certificate and without RT-PCR test? What did you provide in the field for the certificate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So you were able to show a RT-PCR after you got the Thai pass before entering rather than during your pass application ? 

6 minutes ago, Alldar said:

How is this relavant to the topic? Did you fly after 1st of May? Are you unvaccinated? How did you submit Thailand Pass application without vaccination certificate and without RT-PCR test? What did you provide in the field for the certificate?

This is what I noticed also , the field needs to be completed before the application can proceed ????

9 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The original meaning of attachments was of course physical...

During the application you can not procede unless putting the Rt-PCR  test results in the field supplied as I see it . How did you bypass this field ? Genuinely confused ????

On 5/6/2022 at 2:24 PM, Macthehat said:

Screenshot_2022-04-28-07-43-19-674_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Im assuming entering by land is the same? I'm planning exit mukdahan-savannakhet. get a visa in savannakhet, then pcr test in savannakhet, heading back to thailand. @ubonjoe

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, at15 said:

Im assuming entering by land is the same? I'm planning exit mukdahan-savannakhet. get a visa in savannakhet, then pcr test in savannakhet, heading back to thailand. @ubonjoe

You will also have the meet the entry requirements for Laos that are stricter for those not vaccinated than Thailand.

See this page for the entry requirements by land here on the Thailand Pass site. https://land.tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You will also have the meet the entry requirements for Laos that are stricter for those not vaccinated than Thailand.

See this page for the entry requirements by land here on the Thailand Pass site. https://land.tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

they just changed it starting today. entry into laos for unvaccinated all you need is an atk test.

how is it possible?

PCR test issued within 72hrs before departure? What to do with a air-ticket (which I assume would be the cheapest possible) in case if khun Meaw won't like a copy of my insurance: not clear enough, not sharp enough or even better - never heard /seen that logo? Yes, typically khun Meaw will ask khun Pookie and khun Pookie will address it to Pee Yai and to avoid mistake they will simply hit "Next" button. 

This is a pure gamble and your money are in the hands of some no-names outsourced somewhere in the jungles. I wouldn't recommend it.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:39 PM, Alldar said:

Well yes, things are changing th quickly that's true.

Edited by scorecard

2 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

nexy month, june 1, the whole thailand pass non sense will be cancelled, so if you

can wait with your trip anoter 20 days, better travel on june.

I have seen nothing stating that date is confirmed. I would not count on happening then.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen nothing stating that date is confirmed. I would not count on happening then.

i have seen something about june 1 as the day that the thailand pass will be cancelled. but

i can't reveal the newspaper name here because it is the main competitor of THE NATION