Can tourists still pet tigers in Thailand, and where is closest to Bangkok?

cliveshep

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Would I ?

I didn't know that . 

Thanks for telling me what I think, as I would never have known that 

apologises.

It was not my intention to state what you think. But simply stating how i understand your previous responses.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So when the are tiger cubs in the wild who have been abandoned by their mother and will die soon, just let the tiger cubs die in the wild and don't rescue them . 

Some people do have feeling's for baby animals and want to help it survive 

You appear to be living in a fantasy world. This is utter nonsense - cubs don't get "rescued" from the wild, they are STOLEN - the problem with Zoss is they perpetuate a "Walt Disney" fantasy of wildlife that is nothing to do with ecology, conservation and animal welfare - and you seem to have swallowed the false narrative hook line and sinker. It's a pity you haven't bothered to educate yourself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

You appear to be living in a fantasy world. This is utter nonsense - cubs don't get "rescued" from the wild, they are STOLEN - 

I dont think that it true , 

Do you have any evidence to back that up ?

I think that you are the one speaking nonsense .

Cubs are only taken from the wild when their Father gets killed and their life is in danger and they are rescued and bought to safety 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Cubs are only taken from the wild when their Father gets killed and their life is in danger and they are rescued and bought to safety 

Have another drink or what ever you having

Edited by Meat Pie 47

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why is petting animals wrong ?

Should people stop petting cats and dogs ?

Should monkeys stop petting each other ?

That just seems to have summed up perfectly the problem with your arguments - you have got so much wrong it is impossible to know where to start.

May I suggest that you just do some very basic thinking bout wildlife conservation and the role of zoos?

I find it hard to understand how someone on this thread could come up with questions that show a complete and utter lack of understanding of even the most elementary points of the discussion.

You've used false premises, false dichotomies and now a false equivalence, yet you don't seem token begin to understand how ludicrous your statements are.

Edited by Thunglom
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The father has no aspect of the cub upbringing or survival

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thunglom said:

That just seems to have summed up perfectly the problem with your arguments - you have got so much wrong it is impossible to know where to start.

May I suggest that you just do some very basic thinking bout wildlife conservation and the role of zoos?

I find it hard to understand how someone on this thread could come up with questions that show a complete and utter lack of understanding of even the most elementary points of the discussion.

you've used false premises, false dichotomies and now a false equivalence, yet you don't seem token begin to understand how ludicrous your statements are.

What not just answer the questions ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cleopatra2 said:

The father has no aspect of the cub upbringing or survival

When a  Male tiger finds a female tiger in the wild , the new Male tiger will fight her current male tiger mate and they will fight to the death and if the new male tiger kills the other tiger , he will then also kill the cubs because it will encourage the female to breed with him .

So the Cubs Father getting killed (by another tiger) will mean the cubs will also get killed .........................and....................thats........................why..................the Tiger Kingdom goes and rescues them . To stop them getting killed 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

When a  Male tiger finds a female tiger in the wild , the new Male tiger will fight her current male tiger mate and they will fight to the death and if the new male tiger kills the other tiger , he will then also kill the cubs because it will encourage the female to breed with him .

So the Cubs Father getting killed (by another tiger) will mean the cubs will also get killed .........................and....................thats........................why..................the Tiger Kingdom goes and rescues them . To stop them getting killed 

So you think that the Tiger Kingdom is "rescuing" cubs from the wild? ... and whereabouts do you think this takes place?

Edited by Thunglom

12 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In this situation the female becomes back into season if the cubs are killed. 

Once the male has mated the male and female seperate . The female is left to provide for the cub.

The tiger kingdom cannot in this scenario rescue the cubs because it will already have been killed by the male.

The female and male do not form a bond that ties them together.

Edited by cleopatra2
  • Like 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

In the wild , where tigers live 

So you think it's OK to take tigers from the wild?

OK - let's talk about precisely where you think they come from - what do you mean by "the wild"?  - and what sub-species and how this impacts the environment they are taken from.

3 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

So you think it's OK to take tigers from the wild?

OK - let's talk about precisely where you think they come from - what do you mean by "the wild"?  - and what sub-species and how this impacts the environment they are taken from.

If its a choice of the cubs either  dying or the cubs being taken into care and surviving , I feel the latter is the better option .

It would be better to bring the cubs into captivity , rather than dying in the wild 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If its a choice of the cubs either  dying or the cubs being taken into care and surviving , I feel the latter is the better option .

It would be better to bring the cubs into captivity , rather than dying in the wild 

On what planet do you live?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

This has to be one of the most bizarre conversations ever on ThaiVisa!

Not really : Just  a few people who always moan and complain about everything and criticize Thailand at every available opportunity  and everything's always wrong and Thais are always wrong , they are having difficulty seeing logic and reason .

They just cannot comprehend that Thais are doing something right , it just doesnt compute

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You don't understand the concept of an ecosystem, do you?

You have no idea of how many Tigers live in "the wild" in and around Thailand, 

You have no idea where "the wild" is, have you?

You have no idea about what subspecies live in Thailand

You have no idea of how an ecosystem works or its significance or the significance of tigers within that system.

You have no idea where zoos get there animals

You have no idea of the illegal international trade in tigers,

You have no idea about in-breeding

You have no idea about hybrids or releasing animals into the wild.

You have no idea of the requirements for keeping big cats like tigers in captivity the differences between Tigers and other big cats

You have no idea about CITES and international law and how it affects Thailand.

You just post howler after howler.

the sad things, it is people who re this ill-informed about wildlife acy=tually ae part of the problem - they are the ones who allow the extinction of species and destruction of eco-systems.

PLEASE!  get informed on the reality

Edited by Thunglom
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

You don't understand the concept of an ecosystem, do you?

You have no idea of how many Tigers live in"the wild" in and around Thailand, 

You have no idea where "the wild" is, have you?

You have no idea about what subspecies live in Thailand

You have no idea of how an ecosystem works or its significance or the significance of tigers within that system.

You have no idea where zoos get there animals

You have no idea of the illegal international trade in tigers,

You have no idea about in-breeding

You have no idea about hybrids or releasing animals into the wild.

You have no idea of the requirements for keeping big cats like tigers in captivity the differences between Tigers and other big cats

You have no idea about CITES and international law and how it affects Thailand.

You just post howler after howler.

the sad things, it is people who re this ill-informed about wildlife acy=tually ae part of the problem - they are the ones who allow the extinction of species and destruction of eco-systems.

PLEASE!  get informed on the reality

OK, so how will letting cubs die in the wild be beneficial ?

Instead of saving cubs from being killed by other tigers and brining them onto captivity .

How would dead cubs benefit the eco system ?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, so how will letting cubs die in the wild be beneficial ?

Do you realise that you don't even understand the situation? - it is something you have made up that doesn't actually happen - however in a functioning eco-system animals die - they aren't immortal anywhere. Yes dead cubs are part of an eco-system - however what is deplorable is when they die as the result of human interference - either the mother is killed so the cubs can be captured or they die in traps. you really seem to be clueless and as you don't even see why eating ribs etches part of an ecosystem as I said it is impossible to have a reasoned, informed discussion  with you. You seem totally unaware of your lack of knowledge on this topic. 

Edited by Thunglom

15 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Not really : Just  a few people who always moan and complain about everything and criticize Thailand at every available opportunity  and everything's always wrong and Thais are always wrong , they are having difficulty seeing logic and reason .

They just cannot comprehend that Thais are doing something right , it just doesnt compute

It's not "Thais" who are wrong - it is you.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thunglom said:

It's not "Thais" who are wrong - it is you.

I have been biting my tongue most of this conversation don't won't to be send in holiday again but this guy has no idea about the real world 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I have been biting my tongue most of this conversation don't won't to be send in holiday again but this guy has no idea about the real world 

Boredom makes people arguing in circles. Nothing new ☺️

6 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

Do you realise that you don't even understand the situation? - it is something you have made up that doesn't actually happen - however in a functioning eco-system animals die - they aren't immortal anywhere. Yes dead cubs are part of an eco-system - however what is deplorable is when they die as the result of human interference - either the mother is killed so the cubs can be captured or they die in traps. you really seem to be clueless and as you don't even see why eating ribs etches part of an ecosystem as I said it is impossible to have a reasoned, informed discussion  with you. You seem totally unaware of your lack of knowledge on this topic. 

You really have no idea what you are talking about .

There are no traps and poaching is illegal .

No one has suggested in any way that its acceptable  for humans to participate in making tigers go into captivity .

Humans are rescuing cubs who would other wise die . 

Tiger kingdom celibately killing tigers to get the cubs only exists in your imagination , its nothing to do with reality . 

It doesn't happen, you are very much mistaken .

Rescue centers are not poachers .

You seem to have the impression that people who rescue baby tigers are poachers 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1